~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sad news about your fil cowboy. I hope that they can keep him pain free and comfortable for as long as possible. Didn't you mention that he has dementia? Is he aware of what's happening?

Up early today, (even for me) so I guess that a nap may be in order this afternoon.
    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I've heard that there is a shortage of new cars for sale, and you were lucky to find one.

Looking forward to 24 more.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

The fil got settled into his new room yesterday afternoon and appears to be quite comfortable. Yes [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], he has dementia and Parkinson's and I don't think he has a 100% grasp of the situation. When they took him to the hospital in Vermilion he wondered why his pictures, tv, etc didn't come with him and we tried to explain that he was just in the hospital till they could get him better and then he'd go back to his home in Mannville. I didn't go to see him yesterday, but will go today and see for myself how he's doing and chat with him.

I'm not sure I'm 100% sure what is really happening as I'm getting all the information second hand from Bubba so I don't know how serious the situation is. Obviously it's serious enough to warrant a palliative care bed, but as for how much time he has left, who knows. I do know that a while back he said he knew he was dying and he was ready to meet Jesus when Jesus called him home, his faith has remained very strong through this whole ordeal. It's one day at a time for now, something all of us are very familiar with. Thank you everyone for all of your thoughts and prayers...
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 18, 2021, 08:16 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m glad your father in law got settled Cowboy, and hope he's comfortable.
          I recall from several years ago when my Mom was in palliative care, how absolutely amazing the staff was and how well looked after she was.

Today we get the results of the biopsies that we’re taken when Mrs QW had an endoscopy 2 weeks ago. We’re hoping to get some answers but are expecting we’ll have more tests scheduled.
          Mrs QW is to see a neurologist at the end of the month for a cognitive assessment. She’s terrified that she’s going to be put into a care facility against her will. I explained that’s not how it works and that together we won’t let that happen. She’s still able to function although we’ve agreed that she won’t be driving anymore.
          As the Cafe knows, we’re well experienced in dealing with the many facets of Parkinson’s but Mrs QW acknowledges she’s experiencing signs of dementia. Cowboy, these two hideous diseases often occur in the same person at the same time.

Still no snow in Calgary. Being in a condo, this is the first time in many, many years I haven’t had to shovel and part of me is wishing for lots of snow. Oh well, I’m sure it will come.

So sad watching the flooding damage that has occurred in British Columbia. And yesterday in Abbotsford, an area particularly hard hit by floods, a RV dealership caught fire and over 200 trailers and several vehicles were destroyed because fire fighters couldn’t get there to extinguish the blaze.

Big Al, glad you met up with a buddy for lunch. Nice to be able to do that.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Not sure how I missed check in yesterday but I sure did. It was an af day tho.

ABC, sorry to hear about your fil. Sounds like at 87 he's ready and has had a long run. Hoping the palliative care keeps him comfortable. Hugs for Bubba. This is never easy.

BigAl, love your Bronco! Ours was a shorter version. Wish I still had it! I've been looking at the new Broncos. We love the Ford products. I'm due for a new rig soon! May need to look at them closer.

Rava, did you know the new condo was going to need all this work?

24x 2 Love being AF!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and prayers to your family members in need. It is particularly difficult when loved ones are struggling during the holiday season. I know this from experience. I’m the last of my immediate family. So, it is with the deepest gratitude that zi accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible, even when that seems out of reach. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope everyone is doing well. We are still working hard on condo to make it ours. We knew it would be a lot of work but then again one thing leads to another and so on. And thus it goes…….Raining hard today but 75 degrees. I will take it. Hope everyone has a good one. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                Last edited by Rava; November 18, 2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Cowboy, it's a comfort that your fil has such a strong faith. I hope he can be kept comfortable through all this.

QW, I say a prayer for you and Mrs. QW. I can only imagine what she must be feeling. I don't know if I'd have the grace to endure, but I'm sure she draws strength from you and you draw strength from her as well.

Rava, I feel for you! I know exactly what you mean about one thing leading to another! I hope you have things a bit more settled sooner rather than later.

I was up early and off to my volunteer job at the hospital. I am so glad to have it. The folks that work there are so congenial and genuinely appreciative of all the volunteer staff. It's a blessing.

My son does handyman work and yesterday he fell off a ladder. He says he thinks it is just a sprain but he can't put any weight on his ankle. So far he is refusing to go get it x-rayed.

24 more please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. A rather uneventful day at the Big Al house today, but I am not complaining. In fact, I am extraordinarily grateful that I could spend an uneventful day without booze. I spent most of the afternoon cooking that beef stew that QW was looking forward to, only to have both of my kids turn their nose up at it (you know, because it's not mac and cheese, or fast food), and my wife work late. So I had a bowl myself. It is both humbling and reinforcing as I read through the life events that occur on this thread, and see how deftly and compassionately my cafe friends deal with life both beautiful and difficult. For that I am also grateful. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thursday and I am looking forward to 24 more hours of clarity and a slowly returning ability to find joy in the little things that eluded me for so long.

Comment

QW, I hope that Mrs. QW's biopsy results shed some light as to what's going on with her. It must be so frustrating not having any answers to her symptoms. My heart goes out to both of you. :hug:

Cowboy, I'm glad that your fil has such a strong faith. It will definitely give him some peace in the days to come.

Gratefully looking forward to another 24hours.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers my friends. It always amazes me how my virtual friends here in the Café can help me deal with daily life. After visiting with the fil last night with Bubba, we both have the opinion that it will only be days before he passes, but you just never know in these situations. We're going to go ahead anyway and start working on funeral things trying to work within the confines of the Covid restrictions.

Hopefully you got some answers in a positive form [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I know how tough the waiting and wondering can be...

Any idea on how long the work will take [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] before you can start redecorating?

I'm like your son [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I have to be almost incapacitated before I'll go see a doctor lol.

Those uneventful days seem few and far between [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], so enjoy them when you can haha!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great quote Techie!

Well, yesterday’s medical visit provided us with lots more of what it isn’t so another test has been ordered. It is so frustrating not knowing what’s going on. Many thanks for the thoughts and wishes Cafe friends.

Rava, hope the renovations go well. Making your new home yours is important. We have done the same in every house we’ve lived in and most times have recovered the money invested.

Cowboy, while it’s a tough situation, your father in law seems to be at peace and he’s receiving good care. You, Bubba and her Mom have done a great job in helping look after him. Making funeral arrangements in advance is difficult but good to do so that decisions don’t have to be made while grieving.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A quick check in for me today. Wishing you all a peaceful and af 24 hours.

24 for me, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Jeez, QW, that's so frustrating. I hope this next test gives you some answers.

I agree with your comment about the friends here in the Cafe, ABC. We are one lucky bunch to have landed here! You all mean the world to me!

Hope we all have an easy day. Snowing back home so we are glad to be here. 24 more here, please and thank you!!

Comment

Working...
                                X