~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and those of us praying for our brethren. My CT scan was clear. I do have blood behind my left eye that should resolve in a few weeks to months. So, with a smile in my heart and deep appreciation for you all and life in general, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day and weekend possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Techie, thanks for the quote. It definitely rings true. And how wonderful your news!!! Thanks for sharing that with us. I am so happy for you!
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Yes, all of my friends here at the cafe mean the world to me as well. Thank you all for being here!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. My covid booster caught up with me and I hit my bed early last night, although I feel great this morning. Great news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I bet that it's a relief to have some results to move forward with. Today is yard work day, we are hitting freezing most nights and the flower beds are ready for cleaning. All of this is really done in an effort to procrastinate on my meeting with my boss. My proclivity to ignore and delay doing things that I find anxiety inducing is just an old habit that I need to actively break. There is no reason why I should not lay out my needs with work, but I am still not looking forward to it and feel like the entire situation is sticky because I went to rehab (something very much stigmatized and misunderstood by the vast majority of folks). Anyway, I just need to call and set up lunch to talk. It won't be as bad as my mind has set it up to be.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. Thinking of all my friends here at the cafe and grateful for everyone. Another 24 would be excellent as I begin my 36th day sober.

Comment

Well done BigAl on your 35 day achievement! May it long continue! I'm confident it will.

My brother and his wife will visit with us this coming Monday on their way north to Cleveland to visit with his wife's family. It will be wonderful to see them! It will be a non drinking visit as my brother quit drinking some 30 years ago and we never have alcohol here anyway (except on my occasional screw-ups).

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:41am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on those 35 days [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], keep adding them up day by day! Good luck with your discussion with your boss but I think it will go smoothly!

That's good news from the ct scan [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hopefully the eye will clear up sooner rather than later!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great news, Techie! And great quote. I completely agree.

BigAl, great job on the string of days. Happy to have you here with us in the Cafe!

Dill, enjoy your visit with your brother and his wife.

I hope we all have an easy AF day! I'll gladly take another 24 sober hours of freedom.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Great news on the CT scan Techie! Hope the healing process continues to go well for you both.

Big Al, 35 days is a great accomplishment. Well done! I hope your upcoming meeting with your boss goes well. I’m guessing that work stresses contributed to your previous situation. And you don’t want to go back to the way it used to be, right? As we know, protecting our quit is so important. Hopefully your boss will recognize what you’ve accomplished and will welcome you back. Something I found helpful over the years when faced with a situation I was dreading was to write down potential reactions and then have a plan to deal with them. I also used to write down the worst thing that could happen and then plan how I would deal with it. Then I’d write down what’s the next worst thing that could happen and plan for it. I’d keep doing this until every possible situation had been covered. From experience I know the worst case scenario wouldn’t likely happen but if it did, I was prepared. And having gone through the exercise of anticipating scenarios and outcomes, I was prepared and confident. Your Cafe friends are with you all the way!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and milestone celebrants. Congratulations on 35 glorious days, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. When we are in control of our lives the magic happens. We love more and we are open to life’s wonders. That said, I will gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad that your CT scan went well techie! I imagine that it will take you and your wife some time to completely heal after going through such a traumatic event,but things could have been so much worse.
                        [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], you are right about the stigma attached to alcoholism in our society, but hopefully your boss will appreciate the fact that you are taking steps to overcome this hurdle. Just be honest with him/her and I think that you will be OK.

Asking for another blissful 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

I guess I've adjusted to the time change....I don't feel tired or out of sorts anymore. But I still wake up at silly-o'clock in the morning and can't get back to sleep, and then am falling asleep early at night while watching TV. I think it's just going to stay like that! Oh well... How's everyone else adjusting?

My brother's sister has begun having health issues and no longer feels comfortable living alone. And when I say 'alone', I mean really alone! She bought herself a plot of land 20+ years ago and lived rough while she built herself a small cabin in the woods. It's a little spot of heaven in the woods of SW Ohio. Anyway, she just really isn't safe staying there any more due to her health and issues with her hearing. Her adult children have insisted she move to be near them in Colorado. It's a huge change for her, but a wise choice. She will be living with her daughter now which will be quite an adjustment. She's really become hermit-like over these many years. Life passages... Anyway, today we are getting together for a meal with her and Mr. D's brother and SIL for a farewell.

24 more for each and everyone of us please.
                          Last edited by dill; November 21, 2021, 06:15 AM.
                          Dill

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Thanks all for the encouragement and support on my days sober. It really feels good to be engaged and functional. QW, your post is spot on, and I pulled out a piece of paper and wrote through scenarios yesterday. I am fully prepared to move onto a different company if need be, but what I would prefer is just a move to a different department. I have worked at this company for a long time so I am hopeful that will factor in to the conversation. The hardest part for them will be to make some space for my desire to become more engaged in the family farm. I would like to have some solid and planned time off for planting and harvest as opposed to helping when I can (which is what I have been doing for the last couple of years since we have moved back to our home town). But, I do have a handful of sheets where I have written out each scenario as I conceive it. That was great advice QW.

I actually slept until about 4:30 this morning. I have been plagued with extremely early wake up times for a while now, but am slowly starting to wake up later. I go to bed fairly early but have a tendency to wake up at like 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning and am WIDE AWAKE. The plus side of this is that I have used this time to put the house in order (at least in those areas where I can do it quietly). At rehab they talked a lot about how alcohol affects the sleep cycle. I do believe part of my sleeplessness is due to my past drinking, but I think there is a physiological or genetic component as well. I am slowly teaching my brain that it should not expect dopamine in large slugs anymore, it will just have to do with normal doses!

I'm thankful to be sober, and thankful for all of the color that is starting to fill up my thoughts and days. I am thankful for the few hours I spent with my Dad yesterday fixing a rattle in my old Bronco. I am thankful for waking my kids up a 2:00 the other night to show them the lunar eclipse and watch them go from grumpy that they were awake to a state of awe that we live in a world where we can experience things like that. I am thankful for all of you on this thread. Last but not least, I am thankful to ask for another 24 hours, please and thanks. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone.

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Time to get some breakfast out!

Comment

Working...
                                X