~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. I had a “normal” night of no cravings and no drinking. I can’t believe how much happier it makes me. I just wish I could hang onto this feeling before the beast grabs me again. One day at a time is where I’m going to put my energy for now. QW it sounds like the decision was made for you regarding your job. Things happen for a reason and maybe this is one of the ways your life is working out. Just go with it and don’t feel bad in any way. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Bubba's Dad passed away yesterday morning and Bubba was fortunate enough to be by his side when he passed. We went to the funeral home last night and got most of the arrangements made so it will be a bit less hectic now as we wait for the funeral this coming Monday. We were fortunate enough to get things scheduled so that we can still get Bubba's Mom into her cataract surgeries on the 25th and 30th. Now just to get the pallbearers in place and keep an eye that we don't go over the 50 people that are allowed at the service. I'm sure my week will fly by...

Huge congrats on those 1000 days [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]!
        Last edited by abcowboy; November 23, 2021, 07:56 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, my condolences to you, Bubba and the family. So nice that Bubba was with him when he passed.
          I had that privilege when my Dad died and I like to think he heard the conversation my sister and I had about great family vacations, even though he was in a coma before passing.

Big Al, I’m glad the meeting with your boss went well. And in spite of what your brain might tell you, you have no reason to feel embarrassed, in fact, you should be very proud of what you did. It took courage. Just think of what you’ll be able to accomplish now, both at home and at work! I like your attitude about work - it’s a job, it doesn’t define who you are.

Many thanks for the congrats on reaching 1000 days. It shows that one day at a time

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; November 23, 2021, 09:58 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry for you and Bubbas loss Cowboy glad she got to be with him at least,waves to the gang and wishes for another 24 for us all
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, my deepest condolences go out to you and your family. What a blessing that Bubba was by her dad's side when he passed. Hugs

BigAl, what about number 3? Hope your first days back clarify where you're headed in this career.

Enjoying the warm weather but missing home as we approach the holidays. Waves to all my Cafe peeps. I'll gladly take 24!!

Comment

It's been so hectic these last two days with family that I never had time to read yesterday's posts. I'm going to back to them after I post. I wanted to first express my condolences Cowboy. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad Bubba was able o be at his side.

Jude, I gather from today's post that you must've gone off track. I'm so glad you are right back with us here. You're in it for the long run so don't let this stumble get you down.

Rava, I had been missing you the last few days so I am glad to see you here as well! ODAAT

My brother and SIL just left and now I am in the straightening up phase. I am so grateful that we got to have the time together. It was so very good to see them!

I'm asking for another 24 for all of us here, please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and light and prayer to Mrs. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION] and family. I’m extremely happy for you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. You have NOTHING to be embarrassed about. You have turned your life around for for the better. Your employer will reap those benefits in time. Everything gets better. So, with deep appreciation and gratitude I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], so sorry about your fil. I'm glad that Bubba was able to be with him when he passed. I was with my father when he died, and it definitely gave me a sense of closure.
                    [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], don't be embarrassed about the job situation, this is an opportunity for change, which is a good thing, and I'm sure that you will do well.

Thanks for the quote techie; that one really hit home for me!

Still having cravings, but I keep trying to remember all of the negative things that alcohol caused me. I had to go into town yesterday, and the urge to stop at the liquor store was overwhelming. I said a prayer asking for help, and I managed to keep driving past the store without stopping. So grateful for that.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. So sorry for your loss Cowboy. Glad Bubba was with him when he passed. I broke down here in Florida and turned on the heat this morning. It as 49 here this morning and single hung windows don’t really do much. Getting my washer and dryer delivered today. Thats pretty exciting. Last night I had no cravings. I keep reminding myself how I really am and not how I wish I was. That is two different people. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

I read back through the posts I missed and must congratulate you, QW, on your awesome achievement! :sohappy: I'm so pleased for you and grateful to you for your presence here as a friend and leader.

BigAl, you are doing so well it is an absolute delight to read your posts! Things may not have gone exactly as you had planned in you discussion with your boss, but the ball definitely went in the right direction. Things are still evolving so keep in the game!

Rava, halleluiah! A washer and dryer!! That's going to be a great improvement in your situation!!!

Jude, great job on passing that liquor store. Reaching out to your higher power was a good idea.

Thinking of you and your family, Cowboy.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:43am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thank you one and all for your thoughts and prayers, both Bubba and I were with my Dad when he passed away 20 years ago and I think that experience really helped Bubba with the passing of her Dad. The funeral will be the tough day as we all know when you have to say your final goodbyes. Somehow things don't seem real until they get laid to rest...

Maybe your boss was thinking of your best interests [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] when he moved you to another project, not because the one you were working on was too tough for you but maybe because he knew the need for a fresh start for you...

Glad your visit was so enjoyable [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's always great to visit with family and friends when we don't see them often!

New appliances are always exciting [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Our new stove and microwave range hood got here last Thursday but will sit in the garage till next week when I have time to get them installed.

The cravings will come and go for a long time [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], glad you were able to see them for what they are, just a craving, not a necessity.
                            Last edited by abcowboy; November 24, 2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, glad you had the resolve to drive past the liquor store. I’m sure my Jeep drove me to the liquor store on its own a few times.

A cold start to the morning. I expected to find snow on the ground because I was awakened by the sound of what sounded like snow removal equipment at 4AM. There is no snow so not sure what was going on. Not impressed. I need my beauty sleep!

Mrs QW is having a cognitive assessment done when we meet with a neuro-physchiatrist next week and she’s concerned that her drivers license will be taken away. Not a big deal since I do all of the driving but it’s a loss of freedom. I trust her judgement and if she’s not up to driving, she won’t drive. And if there comes a time when I can’t safely drive, we have family close by and taxis to take us where we need to go.

Our downsizing efforts continue today with a load of clothes and household items going to charity. Next to go will be coffee and end tables, a TV and a bookcase. Mrs QW worries we’ll have to move again so we should get rid of as much stuff as possible. Regardless, the items being donated aren’t being used and space is tight so it makes sense.

As we know, the beast is very powerful. Today is Wednesday, the day my old purveyor of poison advertised their sale items. And every Wednesday I remember that. Not sure why but it feels good to thumb my nose at the beast!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; November 24, 2021, 08:43 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X