Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
    Everyone sounds good here in the Cafe. Makes me happy!

Our pup seems to be declining rapidly. We've decided only palliative care from here on out. She's had a hell of a run and more adventures than 100 dogs combined so we will make her comfortable and love her to death. Literally.

Wishing us all a wonderful AF day. :~)
    Is it the "real" Ginger? So sad,I can see a decline in Winslow as well,he's been my sidekick for nearly 13 years so I'll be lost without him, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day
    Last edited by paulywogg; November 27, 2021, 09:33 AM.
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those dealing with strange events. So, I hear my dog whimpering around 3am. I get out-of-bed to find a raccoon in our living room. I had no idea how to get this animal out. I opened the front door, the French doors to the deck and porch but the damn thing wouldn’t go. The dog and the raccoon started to fight so I shot it with a pellet gun and then it bolted for the outside. The raccoon came though our dog doors. I saw it come in on our security cameras. Taking the dog to the vet then deciding how to avoid a reoccurrence. It was awful.

So, with a lack of sleep but lots of gratitude l, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Today was another solid day of cleaning, namely my work from home office. I spent many hours in my office giving into temptations so I needed it to be different. I think I am mostly there.
        [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I align with Mr. D. I managed to stay out of the home office for years at a time, only going back in for a day or two if there was a major meeting that I needed to attend.
        [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], what you describe is part of the problem I am facing. My current management bends to the will of the client to such a degree that it makes my design team feel like their time is not worth anything (because we give away too many freebies). Definitely not the way I would manage this client, but many of our "strategies" are dictated from on high. This is another thing I am going to change as I migrate to another job.

After all that I have put my wife through, she is going for a long weekend with an old knitting friend in Ohio where we lived for a couple of years long ago (yes, I know, a wild and crazy knitting weekend). She absolutely deserves some time to spend on herself. But, I am not really looking forward to a long weekend alone. So, I have all week this week to turn it into a positive because I know that it is my old thinking that immediately forms a negative.

So, with that resolution, and a keen eye toward any small animals that may sneak into my house tonight, I humbly ask for another 24. I hope you all had a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], sorry to hear that your pup's health is declining. It sounds as though she has had an amazing life with you, something that a lot of dogs never know.
          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], my cataracts were bad enough that I qualified for surgery. Driving after dark was a nightmare, especially if it was raining. The glare from the oncoming headlights was horrific, and almost caused me to drive off the road many times.
          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm sure that it wasn't funny at the time, but I had to chuckle at the images of you trying to get the raccoon out of your house.

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I was chuckling right along with you Jude! I'm sure it was stressful for you Techie, but hopefully you'll be able to get some laughs over it with a little distance. It reminded me of the time we had a bat fly in an open window before we were able to replace the windows and put up screens on this old house. It was absolute comedy watching our little family of 4 trying to get that bat back out that window!! We managed it in the end and it is now one of our best memories.

BigAl, I hear you on the dilemma of the long weekend. You'll still have the kids tho, right? Maybe go to a movie with them or some other outing... Make a plan. Hmm, I'll be in Ohio knitting this weekend too! I hope Mrs. BA has a great time.

Ginger, I'm sorry to hear your dear pup is ailing. It sounds like she has had a good and full life! I have so often wished that dogs had longer lives.

Have a great AF Sunday everyone!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, Im sorry to hear about your pup. Sounds like Ginger has has a good life. My dog is 13 and I know I will be facing this dilemma as well. Techie, wow never thought about a raccoon coming in the pet door. Think of all the critters that could come in. Mainly snakes. YIKES!!! Dill, I had both eyes done for cataracts and the difference it makes is amazing…. You have no idea how foggy your vision is until you get the first one done. Our Thanksgiving table was actually 2 sawhorses but together with a door as the table with a tablecloth. Fit 10 people outside under the white Christmas lights. Magical is all that comes to mind. Today is more working around the condo. We are starting to get it to look like our home. Today my kitchen table comes. The chairs came 6 weeks ago. Its a process for sure in these times. Wishing everyone a great Sunday. No booze in this house. Another 24 for me please and thank you. PS Big AL, It might be best to completely plan out your weekend alone so you have absolutely no time to drink………

Comment

5:48am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Last edited by abcowboy; November 28, 2021, 07:48 AM.
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Better late than never, but breakfast is ready!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Such a great quote from Mrs. Roosevelt [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we need to keep reminding ourselves of that each morning!

Like most, I sometimes let the stress of my job drag me down, but it doesn't take me long to snap out of it because I know I'm doing the very best that I can do and if my customers aren't happy with that, they can look for someone else to do the work that they want done.

Sounds like most of our pets are getting up there in age and have their own problems as well. I hope that Ginger enjoys as much quality time as she can have with you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. We have also decided that we won't put Hank through any more vet visits than are absolutely necessary. I sure love that mutt, but just making him as comfortable as possible and showing him the love that he has has given us is the right thing to do we think.

I can't even imagine trying to get a raccoon out of a house [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] but would have loved to be there to see it all transpire lol.

I was selfish yesterday and took a "me" day. It's the last weekend of hunting season and Adam and Darcie are in Jasper for a Christmas party with her old accounting firm so I went out all by myself. It was a beautiful day to spend some time outdoors by myself. I did stop around to the rural cemetery where the fil will be interred tomorrow to make sure that all the snow removal was done ready for the grave to be opened today. I leaned against my truck with coffee in hand, gazing at all the headstones, and remembering everyone that has gone before me. I felt at peace and renewed. Later in the day I did see 2 different white tail bucks that were big enough to harvest but passed on both of them, letting them live to see another day....

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, I love retirement and certainly don’t miss being at the whim of senior management. I was overruled by my boss one time - I was told to approve a loan for a client - and when the loan went bad, as I knew it would, I was criticized for being a poor collector! I also realized later that by documenting my reasons for not wanting to do the deal, it was a CLM, Career Limiting Move. My boss got promoted while I was denied a bonus because of this bad loan.
                      I hope you’re having a great weekend, hope your wife enjoys her weekend away as well.

Another awesome brekkie Cowboy, thanks! I’m glad it wasn’t Techie’s raccoon on the menu!

Cowboy, sounds like you enjoyed your day of hunting. I too have purposely missed opportunities to harvest an animal to let them live another day, and felt good about it. I hope Adam & Darcie are having a great time in Jasper. Jasper is beautiful all the time but it’s extra special this time of year. Cafe friends, if you ever have a chance to visit the mountain parks in Alberta, you’ll be happy you did.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; November 28, 2021, 08:50 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Polly, yes the pup is the real Ginger. We were talking about all the miles she's hiked with us and it's been thousands. Many of those miles have been in your neck of the woods around Lake Mead. Love that area!

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], you need to look into the PetSafe Electronic SmartDoor. We use them in our area to keep skunks out. Give me a racoon over a skunk any day! Sad about your pup though. Hope he/she is OK!

All of your work stories kinda make me cringe. I was fortunate in my position to work mostly on my own away from management shenanigans. For that I'm thankful!

I'm so thankful to be here with all of you! 24 more!

Comment

Meh,it's beyond work stress here,the new lady who bought the salon is feckin crazy! Shes fired 3 long termers who've worked there for years,one being my close friend,now she text me last night she wants to fire a girl she just hired! Ginger you had a sister who owned a salon so you know getting rid of long time hairdressers is basically like kissing your business goodbye like 4 people came in looking for my friend yesterday, she told them she was gone and they just left,I'm just gonna get thru Christmas then I'm out of there,I'll just go work at a chain and yes all this stress has the allure of drinking to blow off stress but I haven't cuz of what I wrote in my signature, I can't waste DAYS on drinking no thanks,anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those with Raccoon free nights. Thanks for the recommendation, Ginger. I must admit I slept with one eye open. My startle response was activated by every little sound. Pellet gun by the bed. Aluminum softball bat close by, and Sig in end table. I think I’ll nap today. I did manage a five mile hike yesterday and it felt wonderful to be out in it. We are currently in a warm weather front which I do not care for. Bring on the cool and cold. I’m a ski bum. We need rain & snow desperately. This encouragement indicated by the 10 day forecast. BTW, awesome breakfast, Cowboy.

So, with deep gratitude in my heart and snow in my thoughts, I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings!

Pic January 2020

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], your Thanksgiving on sawhorses sounds perfect. For me, the impromptu make due with what you have situations have a unique appeal. I agree that I need to have next weekend planned out. I don't necessarily have any thoughts of drinking, just not looking forward to being alone. The kids will be here but not really here. The boy will most likely work most of the weekend, and the girl will most likely stay at her friend's house. It will be OK, I need to take advantage of an opportunity like this to exercise my ability to make it positive. I need to flex my contentment muscles and be happy with all that I have, and be happy that my wife is taking an opportunity to recharge. She certainly needs it.

Tonight was family dinner night. All the leftover turkey was made into turkey and noodles over mashed potatoes. I made egg noodles from scratch, nothing beats fresh noodles. And, just because I stopped at the farmer's market and picked up some fruit and veg, I made an apple pie for desert. Kind of an odd recipe, it started with a roux that was made into a pseudo simple syrup. But, it turned out fine. So now I am stuffed, sitting on the couch, and looking forward to reading my book (Roadside Picnic) and another 24 hours of clarity and mindfulness. For the readers out there, I read "All the Light we Cannot See" while in rehab. Holy cow, what a great book.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday.
                              Last edited by BigAl; November 28, 2021, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Great pic [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! How is Mrs. T doing after the car accident? Hopefully, she's recovering well.

Mr. J got a nice doe yesterday, so our freezer will be well stocked this year. The price of beef has gone sky high around here, so having venison will be a real help. Besides, it makes a great stew, and is much more healthy to eat than beef.

I'm in for another 24 and thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                                X