~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and avid readers. Sending hugs to all those struggling. I’m up since 3am unable to sleep. Hopefully I will be able to nap sometime soon. So, with weariness in my bones but warmth in my heart, I gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 hours and thank you.

Great quote Techie. We’re used to the sleep interrupted/sleepless nights here Techie. Hope you get a nap!

Retirement can and does bring challenges that can be difficult to adjust to. I was fortunate to have retired when I was 58. What worked for me was creating structure to my day. I planned and did many long dog walks, had time set aside for reading, boating, photography and tried to limit TV watching. Plus I found volunteer work was so rewarding.
      The beast is always lurking though, waiting for an opportunity to get back into our lives so extra vigilance is needed. As we know, it’s easy to get back into old habits.

Today is our meeting with the neurophyschiatrist. Mrs QW has been up much of the night worrying and stressing about the cognitive assessment.
      I’ve assured that she’ll be sleeping at home tonight and not in an assisted living facility.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone! Stay strong!!!

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, hoping the appointment for Mrs goes well. Sending good thoughts your way.

Rava and Jude, I feel your pain. Struggling here too. I not only have to look at store booze every time I shop, hubby has an array of liquor bottles on the shelf in clear view. Stupid AL!

With a humble heart I ask for another 24.

Comment

Sorry [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I am entrenched in my wife’s vernacular. LYS = Local Yarn Store.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
            Sorry [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I am entrenched in my wife’s vernacular. LYS = Local Yarn Store.
            :harhar:
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Today marked my first monthly project review since my "disappearance". It was a little bit awkward in that I could certainly hear everyone tap dancing around what I suspect are the rampant rumors surrounding my leave. That aside, everyone has been very supportive and I believe genuinely glad that I'm back online and working. I most certainly need to plan my weekend out this weekend with my wife taking off. For the first time since I went to rehab I heard that little voice suggest that this weekend would be a good weekend to just turn the volume off. But there IS NO WAY that is going to happen. It is so easy to forget about the 99% bad and only remember the 1% fun. We are just hard wired that way. So, I bought some paint and am going to paint the kids bathroom, I have new brake caliper seals that I'm going to install on the Bronco, the kids and I are going to go purchase a Christmas tree at our local tree farm, and maybe we can drive to our neighboring college town that has a beautifully lit (lighted?) main street and grab something yummy for supper.

I am thinking of QW's list which includes volunteer work. I wouldn't mind finding something to volunteer some time to.

Oh, and I am playing trumpet in the brass section accompanying the vocalists at vespers this weekend. COVID disbanded the community band, but we are all getting back together for vespers at least. Hopefully 2022 will calm down enough to resume normal practice / performance.

It was a beautiful evening with a short, light drizzle at sunset which cast that odd yellow / orange hue that you only see right at the end of a storm when the sun comes back out. I am so grateful that I was sober and able to tap into that stillness. With that, I hope everyone had a wonderful Tuesday and I am looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], loved the quote! What a great way to start my day!

Hope that Mrs. QW 's appointment went well yesterday QW. With you as a caregiver, I'm sure that she will be able to stay at home for awhile yet; but don't be afraid of bringing in some outside help to ease the burden.

I do believe that I need to add some structure to my days. I have plenty to do, but sometimes I lose all motivation, and put things off until the next day. I'll have to work on that I guess.

Humbly asking for another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Off to golf my first round since the sciatic issues. Feeling good and keeping my fingers crossed that I stay that way.

Hope everyone has an easy day. I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Geez, when Bubba and I bought our 32' camper I thought it was big, but 42', that's like a house on wheels [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! It might be just right for what you guys want/need instead of having to pull your existing fifth wheel south. Would you keep your existing one to do some camping in when you're home for the summer?

Hopefully you got some answers yesterday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. It seems that when people get their driver's license taken away they feel a big part of their freedom gets taken away with it, hopefully last the worst outcome of the appointment if it indeed happened. Tell Mrs QW for me that I think she's a long way off from needing an assisted care facility, she has the best assisted care by her side right now!

You're sounding so much better [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Positive and hopeful for the future!

When you're walking down the wine isle in the store [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], think of me walking down the feminine hygiene product aisle. You need the wine about as much as I need feminine hygiene products lol.

Looks like the mil's second eye surgery went as good as the first one. Now just to wait and see how much her eyesight improves over the coming weeks/months. I'm actually going to get back to work today, and I'm looking forward to it! It's been a rough last couple of weeks and my customers were so understanding when I called them and told them that I had to put their jobs off for a while. It's not long before I turn 65 and I've decided that I'm going to cut way back on the type of jobs and amount of work I'll take on next year. Not going to take on any new customers, just do small jobs for the customers that I already have.
                      Last edited by abcowboy; December 1, 2021, 07:46 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Not much happening here, which is ok with me! I may take a notion to do some baking! I am in the mood for some apple/raisin scones.

Here's hoping we all have another 24 hours of freedom!
                        Last edited by dill; December 1, 2021, 08:05 AM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Well, Mrs QW’s appointment went better than expected yesterday. No dementia evident, no need to take her drivers license away and she’s not ready for assisted living! Her mind was playing games I think, something we’re familiar with, right?

Jude, every so often, I come down with what I refer to as a case of the sooners - I’d sooner be doing anything but whatever it was I was doing or supposed to be doing. Nothing wrong with doing that once in a while in my opinion.

Cowboy, your comment about walking down the feminine products aisle at the store reminded me of a time about 30 years ago when my oldest son and I did the grocery shopping. Mrs QW had put panty hose on the list. My son and I were standing in front of this massive display of panty hose that must have been 8’ high and 50’ long, trying to find the right size and colour. As I was searching for the right product, a lady walked by, pushing a shopping basket. As she passed, my son said “So Dad, how long have you been wearing panty hose”? I turned my head to look at him and saw the lady had a very strange, puzzled and condemning look on her face.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday to us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and mile long camper lovers. Lots going on in my world. Good news re: Mrs QW and Cowboy’s MIL. Early morning for me again. Long car ride today. BTW, Mrs Techie may have a deal with a major publishing company. I’m extremely proud of her. I did run this morning and managed to get an easy 5k in. Actually, I felt great. One of my wilderness hiking/camping buddies had a bad accident on Monday while deep in the sierras. Carl also works for the park service. They were cutting back a blocked game trail and the chainsaw hit his leg just below the knee. He had to be airlifted from a clearing three miles from where the injury occurred. After triage in Truckee, CA he was transferred to UC Davis. I’m driving over to see him today. He was lucky as he just missed a major artery.

I have been a watch collector for the past 20 years. While I do some trading, I’m mostly in it for the love of the craftsmanship and beauty. I originally purchased and traded in railroad pocket watches but the past ten years more on wrist watches. We were recently at a neighboring community garage sale and I found two watches I paid $50 each for. One of them is way too expensive to refurbish but the other one will be worth $7000 after my additional investment of $600 to repair & add new strap. Mrs Techie who has never been a fan of my hobby is quite impressed.

So, with deep appreciation and gratitude I accept another 24 hours of blissful living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; December 1, 2021, 12:21 PM.
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe. Late check in for me. I had to get up early for the electrician and got busy. Dill the book Soul Survivor the author is Bruce and Andrea Leininger with Ken Gross. Cowboy I loved the idea of the feminine hygiene products and you not needing them. I dont either. LOL. Next time I go shopping and pass the wine section that will make me smile! QW glad your Mrs got a good report. Hope everyone is having a good day. I will take another 24 please and thank you….

Comment

Working...
                                X