~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], what was your golf score today?
    [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I also enjoyed the feminine product / booze isle comparison, I laughed out loud.
    [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], excellent news. I am very happy for both of you, I'm sure it's a relief all the way around.
    [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], congratulations to Mrs. Techie, and holy cow what a garage sale find! I just do not have luck (or skill) like that.

As for me, it was a solid 9 hours on a conference call. I didn't have to do much other than pay attention and answer the odd question, but it is hard to hear someone else doing my job. I would have been the one facilitating. But, by the same token it was so very nice to not have that stress load.

I have to buckle down and really sink my teeth into staying on the straight and narrow this weekend. My frame of mind has been a little bit off and I need to spend the time to peel back the onion and figure out why I am letting a little bit of negativity in. This has been the key for me lately. Instead of just white knuckling things, I want to dig deep and figure out what old defense mechanism is twisting me up. What I find is that it is untrue, counter productive, and certainly doesn't serve me or the people I love. I will make some time for some stillness, and maybe some yoga in the morning before day 2 of the conference call starts.

I hope everyone's hump day was all it could be. I am looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Techie, that's great news about the possibility of your wife making a publishing deal. What kind of books does she write? Exciting news for sure!
      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], so glad that your wife had good results from her latest exam. It must have been such a relief for both of you!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 2, 2021, 07:25 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That was fantastic news [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I bet a huge relief for both of you!

Congrats to Mrs. T on the book deal, and to you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] on the watch find!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, if you have not already check out Annie Grace, This Naked Mind. She has a free online course called The Alcohol Experiment and goes into the science of why we drink. May be something to look over when you feel your defenses are down. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Happy AF Thursday to us all!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, great news about Mrs QW.

ABC, glad things are starting to settle down for you and you're going to scale back some with work. You can always fill in that time with golf! We will keep the 5th wheel we have for trips back home. It's smaller and quite manageable to tow.

Dill, send some of those yummy scones my way!

BigAl, I second Rava's suggestion about checking out This Necked Mind. I love science and learning about alcohol and the brain was fascinating.

Yesterday was my first pain free round of golf in 20 years. The exercises are definitely working to improve my back/hip pain and my balance! I'm a bogey golfer and that hasn't changed much tho. Lol It was a beautiful day for a round! I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the kind words about Mrs QW’s meeting with the neuropsychiatrists. So we’ve added another item to the list of what it isn’t but we’re still looking for what it is. Early tomorrow morning Mrs QW has yet another procedure.

Ginger, great that the exercises you’ve been doing are helping your golf game! That’s awesome. I’m hoping to get similar results from seeing a physiotherapist next month.

Big Al, thanks for the reminder why I don’t miss work. A 9 hour conference call, sounds like fun! Not. And you have Day 2 today. I hope it goes well. You’ll be ready for a weekend away from work!
                  I know you’re concerned about how the weekend will go but look at what you’ve accomplished. You like the new you. Your family and co-workers must be embracing the new you. You know staying strong will get you through just fine. It’s nothing more complicated than what we all practice - one day at a time.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and golf enthusiasts everywhere. What course is that, Ginger. I have played many courses in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Cave Creek. Keeping the prayers going for Mrs QW & Cowboy’s family. The Raccoons came knocking last night but I’ve closed the dog door to the garage. I just need to always remember to remove it in the morning so Maddie doesn’t hit it and get frightened. BTW, I’m getting in the holiday spirit and we have moved forward on our trip to France end of April ‘22. The trip insurance is a ripoff but necessary due to COVID and its variants.

So with Paris and The South Of France in mind, Joy and gratitude in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hello everyone,
                      I just wanted to check in here and see how everyone was doing. I hope you are all keeping well and getting ready for the holidays.

Comment

“I have learned to seek my happiness by limiting my desires, rather than in attempting to satisfy them.”
                        ~JOHN STUART MILL

Very nice to see you Briseus! Hope you have the best of holidays!

QW, I'm so happy for Mrs. Q! What a relief. Now if only we could solve that weight loss issue!

Techie, how wonderful for Mrs. T! I'm sure you are so proud.

Ginger, glad to hear you had a pain free round of golf!

24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Just a long day of conference calls but I'lm glad to have it over with.

Looking forward to 24 more please and thanks.

Comment

Good to see you Brisues!

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

Good Morning all and Happy Friday. So happy to be waking up sober this morning. Today is our plumbing inspection. Hopefully if all goes well we will have some drywall repair and then the painter. I think once painted this place will look so much better. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                                Last edited by abcowboy; December 3, 2021, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X