No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what procrastination does? It makes you change a flat tire on an icy, snowy gravel road in the middle of nowhere lol. At my last truck service they told me it was near time to replace the tires on my truck, but I figured/hoped they would get me through hunting season and they did. But then I figured they could last until the truck needed another service, apparently not. Good thing I remembered how to change a flat tire, it was trying to figure out where they hid the jack and necessary tools required that took longer than actually changing the tire, I actually had to get the owners manual out to find them lol. So once I was safely back at my shop, it was on the phone to my tire shop to see if they had a set of my favorite Hankook tires, they didn't, but they'll have a set in this morning waiting for me when I get there after my driver's license physical.

It's always great to see you pop in Bri, don't be a stranger eh!

Got your plan all in place for this weekend [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]? Maybe time to tackle a few of those jobs around the house/yard that you've been putting off, or spend some time with the kiddo's out at the farm. The weekend will fly by and you'll be surprised and happy that you got through it without drinking...

I think you're right [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], there is definitely going to be more golf in my future! I don't think my game will ever be as good as it was before my arm surgery, not that it was all that good anyway lol, but it's not about the score for me, it will be about improving my game wherever I can...

It's always nice when the painting stage comes during reno's [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it means the job is almost over!
    Last edited by abcowboy; December 3, 2021, 07:48 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Ugh! That's a bummer, ABC. Glad your new tires will be waiting for you when you get there!

Brisues, nice to see you!

Techie, we played out at Queen Valley. It's close to our place so it makes leaving our old pup easier. She can't be alone too long these days.

Rava, glad you're getting closer to being done with your remodeling.

Headed to a mining museum today in Miami, AZ then to an authentic Mexican restaurant. Yum!

Life is good! 24 more!

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger999 View Post
        Ugh! That's a bummer, ABC. Glad your new tires will be waiting for you when you get there!

Brisues, nice to see you!

Techie, we played out at Queen Valley. It's close to our place so it makes leaving our old pup easier. She can't be alone too long these days.

Rava, glad you're getting closer to being done with your remodeling.

Headed to a mining museum today in Miami, AZ then to an authentic Mexican restaurant. Yum!

Life is good! 24 more!
        The only course I’ve played out that way is Gold Canyon!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and fellow procrastinator’s. Busy morning here with a day full of appointments, meetings, and dinner out with friends. No matter how hectic life can get, it is always good. So, with gratitude for life, sobriety, and striving to be my best, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best Friday possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Just back from a 7AM appointment for Mrs QW at a local hospital. The doc who ordered this latest test will have the results next week. Hope it gives us some answers.

Friends we’ve travelled with were looking at a 10 day trip out of the country but gave up on the idea when they found the cost of travel health insurance had increased by 300% thanks to Covid. Not that insurance companies would ever overcharge or anything like that (sarcasm intended) but good grief, that seems way too much, even for insurance companies!

Bri, great to see you drop by. Sunday morning Cowboy serves breakfast in the Cafe. His culinary skills are only exceeded by his good looks!

We finally had some snow overnight. The mountains looked spectacular!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

24 more hours of clarity, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Busy day today, I caught up on some outstanding work items, gave the lawn one more mow just to mulch the final falling of leaves, and found a bowl that was lathed by my late father in law (he passed due to cancer, way too young). I cleaned it up a bit and gave it to my brother in law to give to his wife (my FIL's daughter, and my wife's sister) as a Christmas present. I think it will mean a lot to her (I've attached a picture). I would love to rent or build a shop so I could begin to tinker with his massive array of wood working tools. So, that was a bunch of driving up in the city to deliver it, I'm very glad that I live in a small town. Although there is a tradeoff: 1) small town good - no traffic, your word is as good as a bank loan, people really know you and care about the little things 2) small town bad - everyone knows your business, there is no anonymity, rumors run like a wildfire, i describe it as living in a fish bowl.

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it sounds like you are making your home a home. We moved around for so long that it is still hard to make this house that we own a home, being so used to just renting.

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I'm SOL if I blow a tire. Both my Bronco and my Chevy truck have tires big enough that a spare won't fit. It will be a pull off the road and call someone to come get me.

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], you look different from behind than I had pictured you in my head (golf picture).....

[MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think of you and the misses quite often and hope my positive thoughts help in some cosmic way. You mention cowboy's good looks, I guess I always pictured ABC as a rough around the edges Sam Elliot type. If not I would just run with it [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......

[MENTION=17161]briseus[/MENTION], it's good to meet you, I understand you were here at the genesis of the Cafe. What a great group of people on this thread.

It's late and i'm tired, but very grateful for my sobriety. So, 24 more please and thanks.

Last edited by BigAl; December 3, 2021, 11:46 PM.

Comment

With gratitude in my heart, I look forward to another day of freedom...

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]@ Quit wining [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Big Al, that bowl is beautiful! I’m sure you SIL will appreciate it. Hope you have a plan in place for today and tomorrow. I have faith in you. Just don’t let the beast make any sudden and sneaky moves. Always be one step ahead. Hope everyone has a great day today. We are heading to a meet and greet in the neighborhood. It’s my understanding that it’s the first one since Covid. We are looking forward to meeting some neighbors. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

It's always nice to start my day with a chuckle [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] lol, unfortunately I look nowhere near like Sam Elliot, but he is one of my favorite actors, I just love his kinda sideways smirk! The 40 years of drinking and smoking were definitely not kind to me haha.

New rubber on the truck and the bank account is $1600 lower, couldn't believe how much the price of tires increased, but it seems that everything has taken a big jump in price!

Comment

That's a beautiful bowl, BA! What a great Christmas gift. So very thoughtful. Thanks for sharing that pic. Mr. Dill also makes wooden bowls and each one is unique and beautiful. We have 20 acres of woods so he has a good supply of material.

Everything seems to be much more expensive now Cowboy. Glad you got your new tires though, heading into winter.

Mr. D and I are in the market for a new car and this is a really tough time to be buying. But the battery in our Volt is going bad so we have no choice really.

24 more please and think you.
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Haha, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], keep that picture of me in your head because that picture is my hubby. Lol

Rava, enjoy the neighborhood gathering.

Our museum visit and lunch yesterday did not disappoint. So much mining history in these parts. It's hard to hike around here and not run into an old abandoned mine. That's partly because we like to hike old roads instead of the trails. No people. 24 more is on my list of things to do today!

Comment

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, what a treasure that bowl is! A great gift and nice to keep in the family. I have a table that was made by relatives of my grandmother in 1865. The top is solid mahogany and the craftsmanship is amazing for when it was made and the available tools at the time. Hopefully one of our kids will want it when we can no longer enjoy it.
                                Rava mentioned she has faith in you. All your Cafe friends have faith in you, and in each other. That’s part of what makes the Cafe such a great place.
                                And, my comment on Cowboy’s good looks is based on my assumption that anyone who can prepare such fabulous meals every Sunday must be good looking as well as a talented chef!! Until proven otherwise though, let’s go with the Sam Elliott type image!

Cowboy, it seems everything is going up in price, largely blamed on Covid and supply chain issues. Being somewhat sceptical, I think some vendors are taking advantage and do a bit of price gouging. Like increasing the cost of travel health insurance by 300%. That said, $1,600 for tires is a necessary expense and a small price to pay to help stay safe on the roads, especially in snowy conditions.
                                I do the grocery shopping and am stunned by the rapid price increase in many products. I’m glad to have a full freezer!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X