~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and those honoring family mementos. Wonderful bowl [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. We had a wonderful evening walking the streets of a neighboring town with the Main Street was blocked off. Bonfires in the streets, shops and restaurants all decorated, with Christmas music playing everywhere. It was cold but I could’ve stayed all night. I managed a five mile run this morning. The first two miles were a struggle, but at five, I could have easily done another five. It is so great to be back to a level that I can start training again. I’m interested in The Tough Mudder. It is a brutal event but those who compete are like family.

So, with a spring in my step, warmth in my heart, and gratitude for a sober life, I accept another twenty four. I with you all the best day possible!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], your walk through town sounds magical! I felt like I was there!

Mr. J just had new tires out on his truck the other day, with a $1200.00 price tag, but good tired are definitely a necessity around these parts!

We had a huge sugar maple tree in our front yard, which had unfortunately begun to rot out. We had it taken down the other day, as it was close to the house, and would have caused serious damage if it came down. The tree guy said that he had never seen a sugar maple that big, and that it had to be over a hundred years old. It was a beautiful tree, and it provided a great deal of shade. I was sad to see it go, but the risk of it coming down on the house was too great.

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude smart move getting rid of that tree. Hope everyone has a wonderful and sober Sunday. We will be working hard putting furniture together. Seems like furniture stores are sold out but amazon will ship in boxes. So we have spare bedroom furniture to put together. Another 24 for me please and thank you..

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! I missed my evening post last night because I fell asleep on the couch and had the best darned sleep I have had in a long time. I have a terrible habit of waking up in the wee hours of the morning and I guess it finally caught up with me. But, that's OK, I would pay good money to sleep like I did last night!

So, I am looking forward to another 24 hours of clarity.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, 24 fot me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast out!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

You're right [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], a good night's sleep is worth it's weight in gold, and lots of those nights are headed your way!

With a bit of help from Bubba I finally got the new microwave range hood installed yesterday, only to find out the outside vent I put in for it a while back was froze shut! Hopefully just running the fan will thaw it, otherwise it'll be up on a ladder for me today. Now I just have to con the neighbor into helping me take out the old stove out to the garage and bring the new one in lol.

I wonder if Jeff even dreamed how big Amazon would get [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], they sell everything! Hopefully the furniture went together without much trouble.

I hate seeing beautiful old trees come down [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but sometimes we have no other choice. I should take some pics of the devastation to trees out in the country caused by our overabundance of beavers! Twice now I have seen where trees the beavers knocked down have taken down power lines when they fell. Time to put another bounty on beavers I think...
                Last edited by abcowboy; December 5, 2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Happy sober Sunday everyone. I got our 5th wheel decorated for Christmas yesterday. Doesn't take much doing when you're dealing with a small space. Lol

Thanks for brekkie, ABC! I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Awesome brekkie Cowboy, I think that’s what I’ll make this morning. Hope Bri joins us in the Cafe.

Big Al, well done! Glad you had an af day which led to a great sleep. Just one more benefit of being af.

I generally don’t shop at Amazon but since the arrival of Covid, it’s nice not to have to go out in public as much. And Cowboy, you’re right, they sell just about anything a person needs. I try to avoid buying products made outside of North America but sometimes it isn’t easy.

There’s a nasty windchill outside today so I texted my son to see if he’d like a ride to work. Let’s see, walk in frigid, windy weather or ride in a warm vehicle? One of the benefits of being close to our kids is being able to do things like this.

Jude, good decision to have the tree taken down even though you’ll miss the shade and birds. With the strong winds in your part of the world, protecting your house makes sense.

Hope the furniture assembly goes well Rava.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I couldn't live without Amazon these days Cowboy, it's so nice just to punch in something specific and get it instead of going from store to store,the only downside is I really used to love going shopping at different stores but I guess I do enough of that too haha, waves to the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Sunday for us all!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for another awesome breakfast, Cowboy!

24 hours of clarity please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast fans. Cold morning with heavy fog. Long run this morning. Working around the house today, blowing leaves, splitting firewood, etc. It is with enormous levels of gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the breakfast yesterday Cowboy. Sorry I was too early and missed it! Another day of putting together furniture. We have 3 more items to put together and then we just wait for the furniture from the store to arrive anytime between Dec and Feb. Hard to believe the furniture stores are even open when they have no supply. So weird. Times are very strange right now. Very glad to be sober and on the right track again. I have had a few thoughts of drinking but quickly squashed them in my mind. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We went to a friend's house yesterday for dinner, and they were decorating their Christmas tree when we arrived. It was a nice medium sized, fresh tree, and I almost died when they told me that they had paid $70.00 for it! Prices of everything right now are sky high, but I guess that there's not much that we can do about it.

Thank God that sobriety is free, so I'm asking for lots of it over the next 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X