Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Monday!

We are looking at another 5th wheel today. Hoping to find one that will be the most comfortable for our 5 month stay. Today's model has two bathrooms. I like that idea!

Hoping everyone has an easy AF day. 24 more!

Comment

Sweet! 2 bathrooms would be awesome Ginger waves to the gang and wishes for wonderful AF day for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Jude, not only is sobriety free, it saves us tons of money!! Just one of the many, many benefits of being af.

Another wintery day outside. My son didn’t argue when I offered to drive him to work! There was a major fire in a closed restaurant not far from home creating a bigger mess than usual on the roads.

I hope to get my Christmas shopping done today. There’s a local group of small businesses selling their various products and crafts nearby. My plan is to do all my shopping there.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Xmas tree lovers. Golfing for the first time in weeks. We shall see how it goes. So, it’s with tons of gratitude that I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

To Get you all in the Christmas spirit…

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house

Not a creature was maskless, not even a mouse.

The sourdough starter was being fed with care

In hopes that the perfect loaf soon would be there.

The children were nestled all snug in their beds,

With visions of TikTok swirling in their heads.

And Momma at her computer, reviewing our earnings

While I tried to swallowed another year of virtual learning.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from my Zoom call to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,

First putting on pants, even tying the sash.

The outside world looked oh so enticing,

After nine months of quarantine had been nothing but dicey.

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,

But a miniature sleigh and eight socially distanced reindeer.

With a white-bearded driver dressed in full PPE,

I knew in a moment that he must be COVID-free.

They posed for a selfie holding their phone with a stick,

This quarantine pod had grown pretty thick.

“Now, Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!

On, Comet! on, Cupid! on, Donner and Blitzen!

Wash your hooves, scrub them well,

Now wash away! Wash away! Wash away all!”

Sparkling clean and brimming with gear,

They jetted up the rooftop to ring in good cheer.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

My grandson had his field trip to the local Career Center he hopes to attend next year. I can't wait to ask him about it. My son told me that it went well, and that the grandson got an opportunity to try his hand at some welding while he was there.

The cut Christmas trees are much higher in our area too, especially the spruce and firs. We settled on a scotch pine this year even though it's not our favorite, but they are usually less expensive. Ours is about 6ft. high and cost $35.00 at Menards. Not too bad, considering the times.

Fun times putting that furniture together, eh Rava?!

Two bathrooms is a good feature, Ginger. Are they both full baths, or is it one and a half?

24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Loved the modern day Christmas poem techie! :harhar::harhar:

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger hope you find that perfect 5th wheel! 2 bathrooms is the best. Jude everything is expensive now and without getting political I hate the path of our country right now. Can’t get anything. Gas is thru the roof, I will just stop there. My mattress and box spring is on backorder since September. Time to cancel that order and just get one thru amazon. Thanks for the jingle Techie. Very cute. Hope everyone has a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Well, my lovely wife is back from her weekend getaway and the house is back to normal. She had a great time and I was able to remain sober throughout.

I will probably have the sit-down with my boss this week and talk through the details of the path forward. The only discussion point left to hash out is my desire to have some time carved out for planting and harvest.

I took the kids to the Christmas tree farm, the one we have gone to every year since we have been back, and they didn't have one tree over 4'! I guess the Christmas tree shortage is a real thing.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday and I am looking forward to another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

5:28am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great job on getting through the weekend [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! There'll probably be lots of "firsts" for you in the next year but I'm confident you'll get through them all!

I'd love to see a floor plan of that fifth wheel with 2 bathrooms [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. Amazing what they're doing with campers now.

Not much new happening in my world which is a blessing and I'll take it! If you walked into our house you wouldn't think we celebrated Christmas lol. No Christmas tree for us since we got Hank. We could probably have one now and I'm sure he'd leave it alone, but we're so used to not having one it would seem strange to put one up now. We do have a Merry Christmas sign by the front door and our Advent Wreath in the dining area that is now "Hank's Hideout" and I'll put up the rotating snowflakes light outside sometime this week.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We have gone minimalist on the Christmas decorations this year too, Cowboy. Our tree is up and has lights and a star, but no ornaments. I have a wreath out on the front door, but that is the most of it. I haven't even put out the Nativity this year! I think for me it seems like time is moving too fast. I wish I could slow things down.

Well done to you BigAl!

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, our former neighbours had a 5th wheel trailer that was bigger than our first house! Not sure if it had 2 bathrooms or not but it had 3 slides so there was lots of room for 4 people.

Big Al, glad you had a great weekend and that Mrs BA enjoyed her getaway. Well done. I hope the discussion with your boss is productive.

For the past 20 months, our oldest son and his coworkers have been working remotely. Two months ago the company determined some people weren’t working so a return to the office was mandated. My son was very disappointed in both the company and his coworkers. About the time the return to office order was given, he was approached by a head hunter. Long story short, he starts a new job next week. The reaction from his present employer was shock and disappointment. And it seems they want to make my sons last week miserable. Often it’s employees who burn bridges but not this time.

I agree Rava, it’s a good thing we don’t discuss politics in the Cafe. My evil twins, Frank & Blunt, might otherwise make an appearance.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing everyone a happy AF Tuesday
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and fifth, sixth, & seven wheel lovers. Cold wet morning here in The Sierras. Big snow tomorrow but without power ATM. Scheduled restoration around 4pm, UGH! Fireplace is blazing to provide some warmth. Homemade turkey soup and a Christmas movie is planned for this evening, power permitting. So with cold hands and feet, but warmth and love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you for that wonderful poster/quote, Techie. It was right on the nose! I used to be one to dwell on the past and let i pull me down. But I have learned how unproductive that is and how bad for my mental and physical health. Learning and not repeating is the way forward. Forgiveness is a key as well.

I need to get out and do some Christmas shopping for Mr. D. Today may be the day for that.

24 more please and thank you. I wish for everyone here a wonderful AF day!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X