~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends. Today is supposed to be 80 and sunny. Now that’s why we moved to Florida. I love watching the weather from up north to justify why Im here. LOL. Some of our bedroom furniture is supposed to arrive on Friday so that makes me very happy. We are finally starting to feel like this place is a home. Got some furniture thru a local discount store in boxes and Mr R put it together for the last 2 days. We dont have any Christmas decorations. I have a large fake plant with white lights and for now that will do. We will be traveling north for Christmas to see the grandkids so not really worried about decorating here. I remind myself that Im working on being a minimalist so I dont need a bunch of extra stuff. Ginger, I would like to see your 5th wheel plans too. I think it sounds great with 2 bathrooms! Hope everyone stays sober and warm today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think we'll be putting out our Nativity scene this weekend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. The spot we usually put it still has flowers from the funeral but they are all slowly dying off.

Hopefully the power came back on in time for you guys to have your homemade turkey soup and watch a Christmas movie! The tv listings are full of Christmas movies for anyone to help them get in the Christmas spirit!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I just realized I missed check in yesterday. Whoops!

The 5th wheel was a bath and a half, which would have been nice but was way more than we were willing to spend. Leaving a huge investment to boil in the AZ summer sun just didn't sit well with us. We did however come across a super clean 2014 that we purchased yesterday and won't mind leaving. We will hire someone to check on it monthly during the monsoon season!

Everyone sounds good! Here's to 24 hours of freedom!

Comment

This is the one with the bath and a half we passed on:

This is the one we purchased:

Comment

Slept in this morning, and I feel great!

I agree with you [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I don't like the path that this country is on either.It's very concerning...

Asking for another 24 hours of freedom and peace.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, great find on the 5th wheel!

Techie, I too hope power was restored in time for you to enjoy homemade turkey soup and watch a movie. Homemade turkey soup and homemade split pea with ham are our favourites.

As I do every year around this time, I make nuts and bolts (Smarties and bolts for our granddaughter who is allergic to tree nuts). The kids and grandkids enjoy the snack and I enjoy making it. Plus the house smells wonderful!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; December 8, 2021, 08:31 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Christmas lovers. Busy day here so with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Looks like a great buy Ginger waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Geez Ginger, I think that your camper is bigger than my house! I envy you being able to travel so much, yet still feel at home. It's also great that you can bring your animals with you, wherever you go!

Well, I'm going to get my covid booster vaccine today, and hoping that I don't have a reaction to it. Many of my friends were quite sick for a day or so after receiving the booster. Fingers crossed!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Ginger, I LOVE your new digs. Perfect choice and so good to be able to get away and feel so cozy. Pretty excited about getting our bedroom furniture tomorrow. I actually can throw out those amazon boxes that have served at my nightstands for a few months! We are headed to the beach this afternoon with some friends. Taking a good book and plan on sitting in the sand until sunset. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Very nice layout [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Bubba and I always found it hard to find a layout that we liked when camper shopping. Very roomy and everything at your fingertips!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It took a few years to convince Mrs QW that having our house cleaned was money well spent. After 3 months of cleaning every two weeks, she said yesterday that we should have done this sooner!

Rava, glad you can recycle those Amazon night tables. Enjoy your day at the beach, one of the many reasons you’re there, right?

Off for an early walk. Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing us all a happy AF Thursday!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X