No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe Friends! I missed my evening post last night but yesterday was a good sober day. I will officially request another 24 this evening, but didn’t want anyone to be concerned that I didn’t post. Everyone have a wonderful clear headed, sober Friday.

Comment

The warm weather ended and today we are back to normal temps which for this time of year is mid 40ish for highs. Can't complain!

One more week until Christmas Eve. I can't believe how fast this year went!

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We’re to “warm up” to -18C, 0 F, today. Good day to stay by the fire and read a good book.

I vaguely recall agreeing to a proposed ownership change & share re-structure proposed by our home and car insurer a few years ago. Apparently their initial public offering went well and yesterday in the mail we received a cheque for almost $1,600! As my father in law used to say, “Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick”!

I plan to get the last minute Xmas shopping done today, online, as I can’t stand crowds (Covid concerns aside), and it’s too darn cold to be out.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Friday everyone!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy AF Friday!

Last night was our Christmas parade. All the ATV'ers here decorate their rigs and drive the entire park. It still never feels like Christmas in this country. Guess that's because I grew up in the PNW. I sure don't miss the cold and snow though. This was taken out our back gate and why we live here 5 months of the year. Hiking is right out back. [url=https://postimages.org/]

Techie, I looked up the trail closer. I must say, I don't blame the complaining home owners.

With a grateful heart I ask for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends from Sacramento Airport. Good to be home. Such a short flight they don’t even do beverage service. So, gave sone breakfast here. The drive home is longer than my flight. So, with deep love and gratitude for the sober life, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

dill, I agree, it feels like this year just flew by. Almost Christmas. QW and cowboy, holy cow I can't believe how cold you guys get so early. We have moved around quite a bit, from desert to about as far north as you can get in the states, and I must say I do enjoy the seasons. San Diego was just too nice all the time.

Ginger, that was an absolutely gorgeous picture. I am jealous.

Well, the sun has set on another day of sobriety for me. It is steadily becoming easier but to be honest that scares me a little bit. It was easiness that was my downfall when I relapsed. As I re-read and contemplate this it feels like insanity that I want an easy perfect sobriety, but am scared of it at the same time. What a crazy thing alcohol is. But, I do know that I will enjoy a bit of reading tonight ("Cloud Cuckoo Land", same author of "All the Light We Cannot See"), and I have a decent amount of work this weekend to keep me busy. With that, I will humbly ask for another 24, and I hope everyone had an excellent end to their week.

Comment

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:07am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well done on another day of sobriety, BigAl. I know exactly what you mean about wanting sobriety to be easy and being afraid when it is. It is easy to get overconfident and slip into complacency. It's been my downfall more times than I could count.

My granddaughter started school break and wanted to spend the night. She wanted to know where my Nativity set was! I must admit that I have been having such a hard time getting into the decorating spirit that I never did get it out. In a way I am glad, because she so enjoys helping with it. So today is the day! Better late than never...

24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Happy Saturday. Ginger, that picture is stunning!! Wow such beauty. We had our first encounter with our HOA yesterday. Sometimes our thoughts are to do it and ask permission later. We had a huge plant that blocked our view from our window so Mr. R got out his chainsaw and cut it down. Oh My. We had 2 visitors to let us know that is not allowed. Hey at least our view is better now. Beg forgiveness later is best. If we ask permission they would have said no and we would have never had a view from that window. Oh well. This the season! Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hank decided he needed to do his morning business early today lol and I figured I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep anyway so I figured I might as well get an early start to what should be a slow, relaxing day! Have to do my laundry and some invoicing, and the side and back sidewalk need shoveling, hmmmm, so much much for slow and relaxing haha. At least the bitter cold has lifted for a while, it's only -24C (-11F) this morning!

We got our Nativity Scene set up earlier this week [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], how nice that your granddaughter noticed yours missing and can help with setting it up.

Sometimes easy isn't bad [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], it's better than white knuckling it. Just stay on top of things and enjoy each day...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, I don’t blame you for begging forgiveness rather than asking permission. I did that many times over the years. It sounds like your HOA is as fun to deal with as our condo board.

Big Al, I love the different seasons we get here. Yeah, -40 windchill isn’t nice no matter what but it doesn’t last long. One of my favourite things is the long daylight hours we get in the summer. In late June/early July, you can tee off on number 18 at 10PM and still finish with enough light. And in a few weeks, daylight hours will get noticeably longer. I don’t think I could live in San Diego weather year round although I might change my mind if it’s really cold for a long time this winter.
                              Hey, Big Al, you love to cook, right? FYI, at -40, it takes an hour to barbecue a 1” thick steak to medium rare. I know this from experience because I barbecue steak every year on my birthday in early January.

I mentioned yesterday about receiving a surprise cheque in the mail from our former insurer. Yesterday afternoon, I got a bill for some recent window maintenance and just like that, half of the windfall is gone. Oh well, the windows are great!

Have a great af Saturday everyone.

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill I have a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year as well,I have no clue why I just have no mojo for it,it's like I'm just going thru the motions,I'm not happy with that feeling Rava I am glad you did it first without asking haha! Hate hoa anyways,pay to tell people how to live,waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X