~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Techie, that was a great quote! Busy day here. I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and four seasons lovers. My daughter is running in The Cave Creek Thriller Marathon this morning. I couldn’t be more proud. My regret is not being able to stay in AZ to watch her. Business and writing commitments were overriding. So, it is with deep gratitude that I accept another 24 hours of quality living. I wish you all the best day and rest of the weekend possible. Blessings x

P.S. We were exposed to a couple that are + for COVID. We do have symptoms and going for tests later today!

Last edited by techie; December 18, 2021, 01:51 PM.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Well done Rava, I would have done the same thing. We are lucky to not have a HOA where we live, but then again we live in a little tiny town. QW, holy cow an hour for a steak? I grill in the cold months as well, and use my smoker quite a bit. I can definitely tell the times lengthen out in the smoker, but the grill times don't change much. But we are almost hot compared to the temps that you and cowboy have posted. techie, that's awesome, I would be very proud as well.

Another sober day today. I need to figure out some routine changes in order to 1) further pull me out of my shame / embarrassment cycle I have been suffering since my relapse and 2) make sure I am ready for the next real onslaught that is sure to come from my own head. In all honesty, I initially used meetings to keep my focus on my recovery, but it's problematic. It takes a solid 2 hours out of my day to attend (due to a long drive) which pushes it to a fairly late evening meeting, and I have some other more pragmatic issues that I can't seem to get right in my mind. I do very much like the comeraderie and being in the presence of folks who really understand. But, do to the former I have not attended in a bit. I'm very conflicted about what to do, if I need to do, or the frequency of doing. I used to be so focused and sure. Now I waffle all over the place. The one thing I know for sure is that I was sober today and I will humbly ask for another 24. I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday.

Comment

Well done on another day of sobriety, BigAl. I know exactly what you mean about wanting sobriety to be easy and being afraid when it is. It is easy to get overconfident and slip into complacency. It's been my downfall more times than I could count.
          Ya I'm starting to get this a little bit too. As post withdrawal symptoms are easing a bit, and I 'm starting to have more ok days, it seems easier for that little whisper in the back of my mind to say "maybe just one beer wouldn't hurt". I find a good thing to do is read some of my old journal entries, as a reminder of all the suffering, knowing I never want to go back there again. So with that another 24 please and thank you.
          Last edited by Mulburry; December 18, 2021, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Late night update. My wife tested positive for COVID (her second) and I was negative. I gave the same symptoms. We took another more specific test today with results tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Mrs Techie is doing ok, just exhausted with slight cough at this point. My check in will probably be late tomorrow. Thanks!
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi Mulburry! Good to see you back again!
              [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], sorry to hear about your wife testing positive for covid. Hopefully, her symptoms will stay on the mild side. Aren't you both vaccinated? Hope that your test comes back negative.

Asking for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time to get breakfast out so I can catch most of you lol.

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hopefully your wife doesn't get too sick [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], that's what getting vaccinated is all about I suppose.

Great to see you drop by [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION]!

I do all my grilling on a wood pellet smoker as well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I don't even attempt to use it on those cold days. I tried it once and the smoker couldn't get over 250F, it was just a waste of pellets lol. So if we get a hankering for a steak or chops in the cold weather, out comes George Foreman haha.

It warmed up considerably through the night, it's only -17C (2F) this morning! But when it warms up it usually means snow and when I took Hank out this morning I see I have a date with the
                    Last edited by abcowboy; December 19, 2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, hope Mrs T’s symptoms stay mild. You’ve both been through a lot recently and don’t need covid worries as well.

Great to see you Mulberry! Don’t be a stranger, we always have room in the Cafe. And I see Cowboy has outdone himself with brekkie this morning!

Big Al, I don’t often barbecue through the winter with the exception of my birthday. I’ve grilled in temps from -40C to +7C, 45F over the years. To me, nothing tastes finer than barbecued steak in January.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Pauly, I have to agree with you. Im not in the Christmas spirit at all this year. Didnt buy a tree or have any decorations. Giving the kids money and looking forward to it all being over. Through out my life Christmas has become so overrated and full of people going broke for one day of the year. I just can’t deal with it this year. Maybe its the move I don’t know. Im so over it already. That makes me sound like the grinch. Heading to the beach with my kindle and some friends today. No drinking for me. Another 24 please and thank you. PS. Techie, I hope your wife gets better soon and that you continue to test negative!!!
                        Last edited by Rava; December 19, 2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Techie, hoping your wife gets well quick and you stay negative.

Rava, enjoy the beach!

We get the new 5th wheel tomorrow so today will be crazy with packing. Looking forward to all the space!

Ps.... I ate all the pancakes. They are my favorite! 😋 24 more!

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

How exciting for you, Ginger! I hope the move goes smoothly. I know you'll love the space!

Techie I hope Mrs. T is doing well and that your test is negative.

Rava, I feel so many times like you speak for me! I feel very much the same about Christmas this year. The best part so far tho has been setting up the Nativity with my granddaughter, and spending time with her in general.

Thanks for the great breakfast, Cowboy!!

24 more please for all of us here.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hola from the freezing cold Sierra Mountains. I tested negative. My wife was confirmed positive on second test. It seems I just have a cold or low level flu. We are taking Mrs Techie for monoclonal antibodies infusion in a few hours. She is feeling exhausted with odd body aches but no concerning respiratory issues atm. I came very close to pouring a drink last night but realized that was not the prudent course of treatment. Phew. I’m moving into one of the upstairs bedrooms. I’m scheduled for a retest on Tuesday afternoon. The BIG issue is my daughter who is scheduled to come here New Year’s Day. Thankfully, her airline ticket is refundable!

It is with deep gratitude that I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Comment

Working...
                                X