~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Sorry to hear about the covid, but the good news is that omicron does tend to be milder and less dangerous (doesn't attack the lungs as much), and if you're both fully vaccinated, hopefully you'll be ok.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], good to hear from you. I absolutely feel the exact same way. The mind whispers, and it is cunning. It is almost easier to have the guard up all the time, but by the same token I would like to enjoy some non-white knuckle time as well.
      [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs Techie. I hope that everything stays as mild as possible for everyone.

It was family supper night tonight. I had chicken marinating for 24 hours and made fajitas. They turned out very well but would have been excellent if I had grilled the chicken breasts instead of pan frying them. I would have been happy to grill, it was above freezing today, but by the time supper rolled around it was just too dark. I guess at the end of the day I am ok with the cold but absolutely despise trying to cook on a grill in the dark.

A sober day today. I can feel the weight of the upcoming work week although there will be very few folks in the office / online, so it will be slow. I have a few days worth of work this week but will probably sign off on Wednesday night. I hope everyone had a wonderful Sunday and will humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

“It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.”
        ~ELEANOR ROOSEVELT

Christmas and New Years are big challenges, but we are ready to take them on! Another 24 hours please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Glad that you tested negative for covid [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and good on you for not taking that drink!

Rava, a day at the beach sounds really good right now!

Humbly asking for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:27am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] @pauywogg [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning and Happy Monday Cafe. Ginger, can’t wait to see some new pictures of your new digs! You must be really excited! Techie, hope your wife gets better soon. Its so strange that you are both symptomatic yet she is positive and you are negative. I wonder if it has to do with individual immune systems as to whether you test positive or not. Just a thought. Big Al, Maybe you need some amazing floodlights so you can continue to grill outside. That’s what we used to do back in the day. Today I will be packing and we have a friend taking us to the airport. We keep seeing on TV that our local airport’s parking lot is at full capacity. I can’t imagine driving there and then not being able to park. YIKES. Wishing everyone a great day AF of course. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Not much to report in my world, going to finish up a couple of jobs before the Christmas break and maybe get into the city sometime this week for a load of material for a couple of new jobs. What's everyone's plans for Christmas?

Exciting day for you today [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Is there room on your lot for both 5th wheels, or will the old one go into storage somewhere until you can take it home?
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m feeling the same as many in the Cafe - Christmas is unnecessarily stressful and a lot of work for one day. I have small gifts for the grandkids to open but their main gift is a contribution to their registered education fund. They always get lots of presents and hopefully someday will appreciate the money set aside for university/college, whatever they decide.
                  Our kids get cash - I’d rather see them enjoy money now and not make them wait until we’re gone. The other gifts I buy are for my siblings and their kids. All receive donations in their names to a worthwhile cause. They are all doing well, have two of everything and what they don’t have, they buy. Interesting that last year, a niece and nephew didn’t acknowledge my gift. Not impressed.
                  For religious reasons, Mrs QW doesn’t participate in Christmas any more even though at one time it was one of her favourite events.

Our Premier has eased restrictions about Covid for the holidays however, I’m convinced it has more to do with boosting his sagging ratings that maintaining the health of Albertans. He did a similar thing last summer, just as the 4th wave hit. Then he went to Europe on vacation!

Ginger, that’s exciting to get your new winter home today. I hope everything goes well.

Big Al and Mulberry, we all hear that alcohol voice calling us from time to time. Thankfully the further into our quit we are, the less we hear it but Techie heard it and thankfully ignored it. It shows that we have to be vigilant all the time if long time abstainers can be tempted.

Big Al, I have a light that attaches to the handle of my barbecue for cooking in the dark. It’s been a great gadget!

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Hope everyone gets well and stays that way! I'm with Rava on the testing. Not sure those negative results are always accurate. Especially when people in the same household test differently but are both symptomatic. This is a crazy bug!!

Tons to do before 9:30a! Hope everyone has an easy week before Christmas! 24 more!

Comment

Happy AF Monday to us all! Techie I hope your wife is ok,sucks cuz I truly thought 2020 would be the only year we had to even think about covid,it just seems Neverending and annoying at this point, have a good one all
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and late night readers. Yes, I spent most of the night reading Amor Towles new book. Mrs Techie is doing so much better after the Monoclonal Antibody Infusion. Miraculous stuff. I’m doing a bit better and will try and get some sleep. Not feeling well and worry about my baby led to a sleepless night. So, it is with weary but firm appreciation for sobriety that I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! A sober Monday and the first day of a short holiday week. Techie, I hope you and Mrs. Techie are feeling as well as you can, I'm thinking of you both. And, I'm looking forward to the book you are reading, it's loaded into the breech of my Kindle.

Not much to post this evening, I'll be honest I had carved myself out a spot under the covers and was a few pages into my nightly pre-snooze read and realized I had not yet posted. Things are going too well. I feel too good. It makes me suspicious of myself!

Which is just insane!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Monday and I will humbly as for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Today is a full day of travel. Im hoping to stay sober and accountable through out my family visit. I say hopefully as the alcohol is always flowing. I have to make a plan and stick to it. Wishing everyone a great day. We are in the middle of a tornado watch right now. Bad storms all night long. Should make travel interesting. Techie, glad your wife is feeling better. Too bad you couldn't get that infusion also. 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Over the years Mr. J and I have really cut back on gift giving for Christmas. We buy a few things for each other and close family, but that's it. I think that the more we simplify our lives, the greater our joy at discovering the true meaning of Christmas.
                              [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I'd love to see pics of your new digs; it sounds like the Cadillac version of the RV world!

Looking forward to another peaceful 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X