~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Techie, what a special holiday gift for you and your family! Enjoy it all. Is this your first grandbaby?

BigAl, each family has it's own culture, that's for sure. When I was growing up thank you notes were not expected but a verbal thanks in person or by phone was for sure. I came from a large family and I think it was because parents back then were busy with raising so many that little time was available for formal thank yous. What mattered was that gratitude was expressed, not so much the manner in which it was expressed.

Cowboy, pierogies are one of my very favorite foods! I think where I grew up there were a lot of Polish families. That's where I came into contact with the dish.

Ginger, I wouldn't bother with the Christmas things at this late date either! Maybe just one or two small things. So happy you are nearly all moved in!!

24 more for all of uplease and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Yet another sober day. I lightly worked this morning and received a call from my Dad late morning that the engine we had built for my '67 C10 was complete and we needed to pick it up RIGHT NOW. It has been in this guys shop for at least six years. It's a cool old retro engine. For you engine nerds, it's a 327 010 block, with polished double hump heads, and original corvette valve covers. Intake and exhaust valves have been enlarged and polished, with a fairly hot cam (but not too crazy). Pistons and rods are aluminum and should cycle very quickly, the stroke has been slightly elongated as well. In the years that the engine has been in the shop I have almost talked myself out of putting it in the C10 and may trade it out for a '69 Chevelle; a much better fit for that 327. Thank you all for letting me get my engine geekiness out of my system. It's a good looking piece of craftsmanship. My son was laughing at me when I brought it home, he said I looked like a kid in a candy shop.

Very happy for you [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], what a wonderful holiday scenario! Regarding thank you's, the whole family was generally together in my youth, so there were many thank you's, just the yelling across the room kind, not the written kind. My wife's family, on the other hand, was (and is) deeply rooted in written cards. In fact, if the card was not sent (or even if it was not long enough or thankful enough) there were....... ramifications. I told her early on that I love her family to death, but there was no need to get me a gift. To me, I almost felt held hostage. It's been something we have joked about for our entire marriage, so the comments in the thread made me chuckle, in a good way.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Wednesday. I'm off through the weekend, I think the kid's bathroom is going to get repainted. My plan is to take it day by day through the break. So, with that I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

How exciting for you and your wife [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]. Wow, a new grandbaby on the way, especially at this time of year!

We had a couple of inches of snow overnight, so hopefully it will stay cold enough to last through Christmas. :snowman:

I'm in for another sober day please and thank you!

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello Cafe and congrats to Mr and Mrs Techie on your upcoming grandbaby! Ginger, so happy you got your new RV. How exciting. We are visiting family until next week before we head back. It was 50 in FL this morning so pretty cold for sure. Wishing everyone a great day. Helping my daughter wrap gifts today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Yes, congratulations from me as well [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]!!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, lots to look forward to with grandbaby’s arrival. So nice you’re both able to spend a month there. Grandkids are the best!
                Yesterday was my grandson’s 9th birthday. He chose the menu for supper, every 9 year olds dream - pizza followed by ice cream cake. It is so neat to watch them grow, totally different from raising your own kids. And grandparents can get away with lots of things as I’ve found out.

Just about finished with Christmas things, just waiting for Amazon to deliver one more item from our son in Australia for his nephew. I’ll wrap it and take it with me Saturday.

I had a very pleasant chat with Alberta Health yesterday about our cancelled vaccine appointments. Turns out the pharmacy cancelled our shots because they ran out of vaccine. We are now booked to get our shots next Thursday at a different pharmacy.
                I feel sorry for retail workers and folks who deal with the public all the time but especially now with Covid added into the stress of daily living.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                Last edited by Quit wining; December 23, 2021, 08:46 AM.
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congratulations Techie! waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Congratulations, Techie. Grand baby Christmas! The best.

Hope everyone has an easy AF day. 24 more here, please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends as we near Christmas Day. Lots of love, excitement, and anticipation here at casa Techie. Thank you all for the comments and well wishes. So, on this December 23rd, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day and Christmas possible. Many blessings x

P.S. We are expecting 5 to 8 feet of snow so I might not be able to check in tomorrow. We assume power outages, etc!

MERRY Christmas
                      Last edited by techie; December 23, 2021, 12:37 PM. Reason: addendum
                      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late, late check in here! 24 more please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! Not much going on here. It was a lazy day with some last minute shopping. We have plans with the family for tomorrow, and I plan on staying sober.

So with a quick check in this evening, I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

To counterTechie's snow accumulation, we have a forecast for mid 70's tomorrow! Crazy weather for December.

Comment

Lot's of snow here too! Hope everyone has a great holidays!

Asking for another 48 to get me through xmas eve and xmas day (this time of year always has such a strong association with drinking doesn't it? but I'm with supportive family who's all going AF this year so I don't think it'll be too hard).

Comment

Holy moly techie, that's a lot of snow! Stay safe!

Humbly asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:06am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X