X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Hello Cafe.
    Very grateful for each and every day.
    It's been a crazy couple of years for me and I wouldn't have made it if I was still drinking.
    So sorry to hear that covid is affecting so many. We are very cautious but you never know. I am scheduled for a cardiac ablation on January 4. I have a covid test on January 3 to double check before surgery. Will be glad to have that behind me.
    It's sure great to see everyone here. This place was a huge help in getting me where I am.
    I'm grateful for another 24 hours.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Brrrrrr, it's cold out! -35C (-31F) this morning headed to a low of -42C (-44F) tonight! I've had my truck plugged in since I got home on Friday in case of an emergency call-out and keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to unplug it till tomorrow morning.

Hopefully your surgery goes well [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you deserve an easy year after the last couple you've been through!

You're back in the saddle [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and that's what counts!
        Last edited by abcowboy; December 27, 2021, 07:42 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It’s cold here too this morning which means another day of staying inside, maybe a Skype visit with the grandkids, riding the stationary bike and sitting by the fireplace with a book. I hope you don’t have an emergency call out Cowboy, it’s dangerous to be outside in these temperatures.

Nora, so great to see you. I’m glad the Cafe was a help to you when you needed it. The current regulars here are a great support, just as you found when you were here earlier.

Have a great af Monday everyone! Stay safe.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Monday everybody!;
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

NoraC, hope all goes well with your procedure. Please check in when you can. Sending healing thoughts your way!

I second the sentiments about the Cafe. It's a place of wonderful support with kindred spirits. So grateful for all of you. 24 more please!

Comment

Those are dangerous temps, Cowboy and QW! Be mighty careful!

Norac, we'll all be pulling for you!

It's unseasonably warm here and I just wish I could share some of it with you folks dealing with extreme cold and snow!

24 more please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Internet has been out all morning, so Im posting from my phone. Hate it!

24 more please!

Comment

Hi Cafe and thanks for all of the support. I am back again and no alcohol since Christmas night. It snuck up on me so quick. I went to bed early last night and got up this morning feeling great. Our grandkids are throwing up and congested. This makes me very nervous as we fly home in two days. The last thing we need is a GI bug. UGH. Nora hope you are doing well. Wishing everyone a great Monday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                      Brrrrrr, it's cold out! -35C (-31F) this morning headed to a low of -42C (-44F) tonight! I've had my truck plugged in since I got home on Friday in case of an emergency call-out and keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to unplug it till tomorrow morning.
                      We're in the same artic outflow a little further west, but only got down to -20C last night, but forgot to keep the taps trickling... and now frozen pipes (which is no fun at all).

Comment

[MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], my husband had a cardiac ablation a few years ago, and he felt so much better afterwards. Sending thoughts your way that the procedure goes well and that you heal quickly.

Not much to report here, so I'll just ask for another sober day!

Comment

5:17am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Fingers crossed for you and Mr. R, Rava. Let's hope the bug your grandkids got is one for which you have immunity. Ugh I bet you're looking forward to getting back home to sunny Florida!

I took my sewing machine in for a tune up because it wasn't working right. It's back now and I've already used it to repair a zipper on my granddaughter's hoodie. Working like a charm! My machine has a variety of decorative stitches which I have never mastered the use of beyond the zig-zag stitch. I regret not having taken classes in how to get the most out of it back when I bought it 20 years ago. I have been exploring various tutorials in youtube recently. It's amazing what you can learn on youtube! And there are so many natural teachers out there! What a blessing.

Mulburry, such a shame about the pipes! Good luck getting them open again.

24 more please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Our 2 oldest daughters live in Vancouver [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], or I should say one in Vancouver and one in New West, and the one in Vancouver rents a basement suite. She had frozen water lines to her toilet and shower and I gave her some things to try to get them thawed out. Not easy to do when they are behind finished exterior walls that have no insulation! Even though your temps seem mild to us, I imagine it feels like the -43C we have this morning when you aren't used to it being that cold!

I'm getting cabin fever so I think I'll venture out to the farm today to check the heat in the shop and pumphouse, and go have a look at the neighbor's boiler that heats his shop. He called yesterday that it's been acting up but the tube heater I installed for back-up heat last summer has been keeping the shop warm enough.

I wonder how many people still do their own sewing [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? Seems like most people just throw out clothes rather than getting them mended. I remember my mom spending hours in front of her old Singer treadle sewing machine mending all our clothes!

Hopefully you both stay healthy for your trip home [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; December 28, 2021, 07:36 AM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Im sitting in bed playing on my iPad. The kids are still sick but so far so good for the MR and myself. I am really looking forward to getting back to the warm and sunny weather. Dill, I agree You tube is the best. We have learned so much from it. I also sew but not well. I may have to look up some tutorials for my Singer Simple machine. Wishing everyone a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X