~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Techie thats a lot of snow!!! WOW. Ginger, so sorry about your friend. Covid sucks. We made it home last night around 9 pm. Unpacked and not hungover this morning so I would say thats a good thing. Enjoying peace and quiet this morning with some coffee and local news. Picking up the little beast dog from the kennel soon. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:39am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, sorry about your neighbour. COVID does suck.

We’ve had 1 appointment cancelled for our booster vaccines and last evening learned that our second appointment scheduled for today will now happen Saturday. I hope so, otherwise some politicians might hear from my evil twins, Frank & Blunt. I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t like that.

Techie, that’s a lot of snow! Hopefully it will ease the drought situation and lessen forest fire severity and frequency.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sorry to hear about your neighbor Ginger. Many people that I know, including my fil have lost their battle with this hideous virus. I do wonder if life will ever return to normal...we shall see.

I've never really learned to sew, except for re-attaching a missing button here and there. I'm more of a knitter than anything else, and find that it helps me to relieve stress and stay away from the booze.

I've been feeling a little under the weather for the past few days, but today seems to be a little better. Even though both Mr.J and I are fully vaccinated, including a booster, there's always the thoughts about, "What if it's the omicron version of covid?" Geez, two years ago I would have said, eh, it's just a cold. It sucks that every time that myself or someone else sneezes, we automatically think Covid!

Keeping looking ahead [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. You can't drive forward if you keep looking in the rearview mirror.

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

I found out yesterday our neighbor refused to get vaccinated. I wonder if his wife will now. Jude, I'm the same way about symptoms. My mind always goes to covid. Here in AZ very few (us) people wear masks. The hospitals are full of covid patients with the delta variant. Seems like the governor should put some mandates in place to try and curb this surge but nope.

Waves to all my Cafe buddies! 24 more.

Comment

Well we just had 2 in our family circle get covid and they're both vaccinated so it really doesn't make it less intrusive, you can still get it,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the COVID weary. I’m as sick as can be. It started yesterday with sore throat and wretched body aches. I took a home antigen test last night and it was negative for Covid-19. Will probably test again later today. Hopefully, it’s just a bad cold. So, with aches and pains, sore throat but a healthy attitude, zi gratefully accept another 24. I wish you all the best and healthiest day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I had an early morning due to volunteering and afterwards went to get my hair trimmed. All good here. 24 more for all of us would be grand!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
                    Our 2 oldest daughters live in Vancouver [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], or I should say one in Vancouver and one in New West, and the one in Vancouver rents a basement suite. She had frozen water lines to her toilet and shower and I gave her some things to try to get them thawed out. Not easy to do when they are behind finished exterior walls that have no insulation! Even though your temps seem mild to us, I imagine it feels like the -43C we have this morning when you aren't used to it being that cold!
                    Ya nothing quite like Alberta. I'm visiting family in Hope right now and it got down to -20C a couple nights. Luckily we didn't have any freezing in wall pipes, just the pipe exiting the house (through some concrete) and managed to get it un-thawed by putting a heat gun on it for two days. It was stressful though not knowing if it was gonna work or how long it would take (and having to haul buckets from the neighbors constantly), but really glad it all worked out with no damage. We knew we should have kept the taps trickling but for some reason just didn't do it. Hope the pipe situation works out for your daughter as well.
                    That being said with temps back up to about -8 in the day, and gorgeous sunny weather, it's pretty spectacular getting out now, with all the snow and mountains.

Well we just had 2 in our family circle get covid and they're both vaccinated so it really doesn't make it less intrusive, you can still get it,waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF day!
                    Ya it doesn't seem like it helps much with contracting it, but it should help with severe outcomes. It does seem like it still hits most people like a really bad flu, but I guess when they say "mild symptoms", they basically mean mild compared to... death.

Also, for those who've slipped up with drinking recently, don't beat yourself up over it. I don't want this come off sounding the wrong way, but if you're not getting any withdrawal symptoms from your slip, you've at least got that going for you (it could be a lot worse). My own brain/body would beat me up for weeks if I slipped (with no way to avoid it), so please don't do it to yourself if you don't have to.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; December 30, 2021, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. My plan for today is concentrate on staying sober. I plan to wake up New Years Day SOBER. All booze is out of my house to keep me from being tempted. I am totally planning my sobriety today. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

[MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], here in N.Y. we have a mask mandate for stores, businesses, etc., but I always see a few people not complying. I always wear a mask when out and about, but still I worry.

Hope that you are feeling better today [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], and glad that you tested negative for covid. Was the test that you used able to detect the omicron version of the virus? I did an online search of stores in my area that sold these kind of tests and they were all out of stock. I think that I may have to hunker down and never go out!

Stay safe out there everyone, and share another 24 hours of sobriety with me.

Comment

Yes [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], the daughter's waterlines to both the toilet and shower finally thawed out and she is one happy girl!

Hopefully their vaccinations will keep them from getting too sick [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! We go for our booster shot this coming week and a few people we know came down with symptoms after getting the booster, hope we stay out of that category!

Hope you get to feeling better soon [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! How is Mrs T feeling now?

Good thing you're going into today/tonight with a plan [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it never hurts to have things sorted in your head if the temptations arise!

They give out the rapid tests for free in Alberta [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but as you can imagine there are none to be had. There is talk that they should limit them to one or two per person as lots of people in our area are blaming the unvaccinated for the shortage. In Alberta if you don't have proof of vaccination or a negative Covid test in the past 72 hours you can't attend many functions at all.

I'm thinking I might take another day off today and make some ooey gooey cinnamon buns. I've had a craving for them the past couple of days lol.

Have a great New Year's Eve y'all, and remember, and no quitting on your quit eh!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It's freezing here again today but warming up for the weekend, maybe enough to let me fire up the barbecue.

I continue to be amazed at the number of residents in our building who don't wear masks, wear them around their chins or just wear a face shield. Come on people, this isn't complicated, use common sense. And stay away from us!

NYE celebrations will be scaled back again this year due to covid. I feel sorry for those in the hospitality industry, they just can't seem to catch a break.

Happy New Year wishes to my Cafe friends for a happy & healthy 2022.

Have a great Friday everyone and think how nice it will be to start 2022 with a clear head!

QW
                              Last edited by Quit wining; December 31, 2021, 08:25 AM.
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I sure hope you are feeling better Techie!

Pauly how are your covid positive family members doing? I hope their symptoms are mild. The lady that trimmed my hair yesterday told me that she had covid back in October and that her symptoms were almost nil. She only knew she had it because she was eating a bowl of ice cream and suddenly realized she couldn't taste it! So she went for testing and sure enough was positive for covid. She said in addition to losing her sense of taste she lost her sense of smell. But otherwise she felt just fine! Weird. I asked her if her sense of taste ever returned and she said yes, but her sense of smell is not fully back yet.

Very glad you got your pipes unfrozen Mulburry and thank you for your words of encouragement and keeping things in perspective.

Cowboy, you are making me hungry for sticky buns!! I've never made them but perhaps today would be a good day to try...

24 more, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X