~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Daughter had like a flu,the other is Kells bil and he was pretty sick,luckily they're in their 20's too so I'm sure that helped but yes I'm weary of the whole thing,and how is 2022 gonna be? Sheesh I thought 2020 was gonna be a great year on NYE 2019 I remember thinking that the coming up year would be awesome then it turned out yucky,this year has been atrocious too,so I'm not making any joyful statements to myself tonight haha,hope everyone has a safe AF NYE!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy New Year's eve! May we all get through it unscathed. 24 more please.

Comment

Happy New Year!!!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy New Year my friends!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

This year is going to be a darn good year not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Waking up sober but started to think I might be catching my grandsons GI bug. Feel better now thank goodness. Starting off this year sober and accountable and not another day 1. No booze in this house. I have realized that if keep a bottle of wine or other stuff I look for excuses to drink it. Techie, hope you are feeling better!!! Big Al, come back and check in. We are here for you. Wishing everyone a great day and Happy New Year!! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Lovely to wake up early with a clear head. Happy New Year to all my Cafe friends!

It's poured rain for the last 10 hours. It was coming down so hard at times it was scary. This will make the desert green for a few days. It always surprises me how quickly the little grasses sprout up.

With a grateful heart, I ask for 24 more.

Comment

Happy New Year everyone! Nice to be waking up clear-headed and ready to take on the new year. We're enjoying some home-made pecan/caramel sticky buns with our coffee this morning. As I mentioned yesterday when I was inspired by Cowboy to make them, it was a first for me. Now Mr. D is hoping it is the start of a new tradition!

Have a great day everyone, and 24 hours of freedom!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy New Year cafe! It's so wonderful waking up to a new day clear-headed and hangover free! Good job staying sober last night [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Here's to celebrating the entire year booze free!

I'd be grateful for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to make my ooey gooey buns yesterday [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], but I'll get right on making them after breakfast this morning! I don't use raisins or walnuts in them, I use pecans as well!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Hard days but a new year. 24 for me please. Once I process all that has happened these last few days I’ll write about it. Ugh.

Comment

So glad you checked in, BigAl!
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Reading about baking is making me hungry! Mrs QW used to bake a lot and sticky buns were one of our favourites. I used to tell people I married her for her buns!

Big Al, great to see you. I’m pretty sure everyone in the Cafe has experienced the ughs before. Nice to start off the new year with a clear head, eh?

Today we are scheduled to get our booster vaccines, looking forward to it. Hopefully it helps keep Covid symptoms mild as it appears that Omicron is spreading quickly.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF New Year everybody!
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy New Year cafe friends and the wonderfully sober. I agree that waking up with a clear head and sharp focus is a blessing. You know what I missed last night? Nothing! I am a tad tired as I read to about 2AM. Reading through Joseph Campbell’s The Power Of Myth for the sixth time. I’m still with an awful head cold. I have done the home COVID antigen test three times in the past 48 hours and all negative. So, with a fresh year ahead and lots of work ahead, I gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day and new year possible. Many blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X