Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I hope those who are dealing with flu and other ailments get well soon. Techie, we’re looking forward to grand baby news!

Big Al, you can do this. As Cowboy pointed out there are lots of supports besides the Cafe available to help.
    I’m not sure if you play golf, but it’s a game of inches and the 6 most important are between your ears.

We enjoyed a walk in mild temps and brilliant sunshine yesterday. Sure glad we went because it’s back to winter today.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Glad that you are still checking in [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. As others have mentioned, it's important to use all of the resources available to you. Every individual uses a different weapon to slay the beast, and you may have to stab the damn thing multiple times, but don't give up! We are here for you!

Light snow here this morning, and a chilly 15°F. Brrr...

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Happy AF Monday everyone!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

First Monday of the new year! Let's make 2022 the best one yet. And let's all get well and stay that way 24 hours at a time. I'll take it!

Comment

Good afternoon Cafe friends. An unusually late check in for me. Why? Because I’m a grandfather for the first time. Granddaughter born yesterday evening 7lbs 6ozs. Beautiful face and naturally we are all over the moon in love with the miracle. So, with extra deep gratitude I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x
            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Awesome news Techie, congrats to you and Mrs T! Grandkids are the best!!

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Good Morning and Congrats Techie on your beautiful new granddaughter!! So exciting! Do you and Mrs T have a grandpa and grandma names yet? Today I am feeling much better physically. For some reason I have been quite depressed lately. I’m not drinking so it’s not that and thank goodness for that. Just trying to take it day to day for now. Going to my volunteer job and hoping the contact with people will help. I really need to make an effort to meet people in my new condo. We have been so busy fixing it up and now that we are done I have come crashing down. Hope everyone has a great day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Congratulations on your new granddaughter [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! How exciting for you!

Don't be a stranger [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], no matter how bad things seem at the moment.

Here's to celebrating another 24 hours for all of us!

Comment

5:14am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                    [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope the drive was fine [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and the visiting even better!

Congratulations to both of you Grandpa Techie! Hope the baby and mom are both fine! What did they pick out for a name?

I'm sure you'll make friends in your new area [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], time to relax and enjoy your new place!

I think it's going to be a day off for me, lots of snow to shovel and still snowing! The snow started yesterday morning and it wasn't too bad so I went to the farm to check on things and put a boiler back together. By the time I was ready to head home it was very heavy snow coming down with a bit of a wind so it was virtually a whiteout in most places and tough to see the road. I made it safely and got at shoveling the driveway and sidewalks. By the time I finished shoveling another inch of snow had fallen. Running out of room to shovel the snow as the banks are getting too high. We might have to hire a bobcat to come in and remove a bunch of snow.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. Congratulations [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], I’m so happy for you and Mrs T.

I ask for another 24 please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I definitely don’t miss shovelling snow. I owned a snowblower for many years, some of the best money I ever spent. I used to clear some of the neighbour’s driveways too since I was warmly dressed and outside anyway. Our friends and former neighbours, the ones who adopted Jessie, shovelled for us when I had to give it up.
                          Cowboy, any teenagers looking to make a few dollars in your area who could take over shovelling for you? It would be money well spent.

Techie & Mrs T, hope your daughter and granddaughter are doing well. There’s no feeling quite like holding a grandchild in your arms! Enjoy every minute!!

Big Al, great to see you!

Winter has returned with a vengeance so I’ll drive my son to work this morning. It feels like -39C , -38 F. Not much difference between C and F at theses temps!

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW

24/7/365

Comment

Big CONGRATS, Techie! What a wonderful time for all of you and what a lucky little girl as well!

I'm hoping all who have been under the weather physically/emotionally are making their way back to normal. We've had several days of clouds and rain and keeping my mood up was an effort. The sun finally broke through yesterday and even though the temperature plummeted, I am still feeling brighter, thanks to the sunshine! Rava, I hope you can shake your mood. I find that my volunteer job is important to me for that very reason.

Cowboy, what a lot of snow! I am glad you arrived home safely. Driving in the snow is nerve-wracking!

The visit with the in-laws was very nice. Both are dealing with some serious illness, but they keep on plugging away. I think it is because they both are gratitude-oriented and also are very strong in their faith.

I'm going to plug away at another 24.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats, Techie! Enjoy that new bundle of joy.

Hope we all have a great AF day. That's my goal and 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. I appreciate all the lovely comments and congratulations. I can’t wait to see this bundle of joy in person. Another few days methinks. So, it is with the deepest level of gratitude that I accept another twenty fours hours of high quality living. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X