~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good Morning Cafe. Hope everyone has a good day. The painter is here so I will have to leave the condo for a while. May take the dog to the beach and read my kindle. Its a little chilly today 60’s but thats nothing compared to what some of you are dealing with. I will just bundle up. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Loved the quote techie! Thank you!

I'm going for another sober day, and welcome you all to join me.

Comment

Good morning cafe friends. I am heading back to rehab for a bit. Things have been very very rough. I will check in when I can. I have love for you all. If I could only find it for myself. 24 more for me.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I wish you all the best, BigAl. Getting to know you has been an honor and I look forward to hearing from you again on the other side of this treatment. Your writings here reveal that you are a very loveable person and deserve all the goodness that a sober life can offer you.

Mr. D is feeling under the weather with some symptoms of possible covid. Since the new strain has been described as often presenting itself with mild symptoms, he has decided to go and have himself tested just to be sure. I have been feeling fine so am not planning on getting tested. However, I do plan on staying sober. 24 more, please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hopefully you'll find the answers you're looking for [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. It's hard to find love for ourselves when we think we are failures, but you're not a failure! You keep on trying and searching for what you need, that in it itself speaks towards success. We'll be waiting for you when you're ready to return, and my thoughts and prayers will be with you everyday!

I did get the snowblower out yesterday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but with the wind it was a miserable job anyway. I looked like the abominable snowman by the time I was done lol. I can't get the snowblower into the backyard without going around the block and down the back alley, so I still have to shovel along the side of the house and the back sidewalk. I'll have to get out and take some pics of the dilemma of what to do with the snow. We are in an older area of Vegreville, most of the neighbors are are older retired couples and I end up shoveling a lot more than just our place, but the snowblower will definitely help now.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

And we have a bb birthday to celebrate today!

Quit wining!
                Last edited by abcowboy; January 5, 2022, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Looks like we crossposted [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hope Mr D gets to feeling better soon and it's just a cold that he has come down with!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, your desire to stay alcohol free is strong and I believe you will succeed. Don’t look at this as a step back, it’s you fighting and doing what you need to do that will make your quit work. We’ll be thinking of you and we look forward to reading your posts when you can write.

Thanks for the cake Cowboy! Funny, I never pictured myself getting this old.
                    It’s another cold one today so my birthday steak will likely get cooked indoors in the Ninja. It doesn’t taste quite as good as on the grill but it means I stay warm, an acceptable trade-off in my opinion!

Cowboy, I spent many hours in similar conditions with my snowblower. I don’t miss the abominable snowman look!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    Last edited by Quit wining; January 5, 2022, 09:29 AM.
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

BigAl, I second Dill's words. It's been an honor to get to know you. Sending thoughts your way and looking forward to hearing what you've learned when you return.

Hope Mr D is better soon, Dill. Snow? What's that? ;>) Golfing today with the neighbors. I'll gladly take another 24!

Comment

Happy birthday, QW!!!

Comment

Old age is the most unexpected of all things that happen to a man.
                          ~Leon Trotsky

I understand exactly what you mean, QW! But here we are, and of course it beats the alternative!

Happy Birthday!:welldone:
                          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lots of hugs and support for [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Happy Birthday, QW. I hope you have a wonderful bday. Still hunkered down with this chest cold/flu thing. I did another home antigen test. Negative. Telemed appointment with doc at 3:30p. Once we get well, we’ll head back over to The Peninsula to support daughter and newborn. BTW, there is yet another new COVID-19 variant discovered in France. While I’m NOT a conspiracy type of person, I am becoming convinced that this was a bio weapon that was released into the environment. Just my thoughts!

So, with hope for the future and the world, I gratefully accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for another great quote techie! Gratitude can get you through a lot of tough times. Hope that you feel better soon.

Happy belated birthday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! I can't day that I blame you for cooking the steaks outside.
                              [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I think that you are doing the right thing by going back to rehab. Many people would have just said f#*#k it, but you are still fighting the beast, which takes a huge amount of courage. We are all behind you 100%. You can do this!
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], hope that Mr. D tests negative for covid, and feels better soon.

With gratitude I'll take another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X