Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I had a great birthday yesterday with phone calls, texts, emails and cards from family, friends, former co-workers and Cafe friends, capped off by a visit from family who brought a gift of a book and a pie from one of our favourite restaurants. And the steak was great, even if it was cooked indoors! I couldn’t have asked for a better day!

Jude, I liked your comment about how it takes courage to fight the beast. It does. 24/7/365, one day at a time. Big Al is fighting hard, I’m confident he will succeed. And he knows we’re behind him 100%

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, hope you're feeling better soon! I wonder how well the current tests detect the new variants.

Hope Mr D is better today and you stay well, Dill.

Early morning appointment today so better hit it! 24 more please.

Comment

Happy Birthday QW! Glad you had a great one waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those struggling. I hope this second round of rehab sticks this time [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. If I could bottle the joy, contentment, and health benefits of my experience you would never drink again. You’ll know it when you feel it. Feel a bit better today. The home antigen tests, done properly are reliable. Certainly a false reading can happen but I have taken three and one in a clinic fir a total of four. So, it is likely my wife and I have the flu. Have you heard the term “Flurona?” It is the label for folks that have both the flu and COVID. Yikes!!!

So, with lots of love today for family, friends, and moi, I fully accept another blissful twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thank you for the the well wishes for Mr. D. His test came back negative, so it would seem his cold symptoms are nothing more that cold symptoms. He's feeling much improved today and I have not come down with it so all is well here.

Today was my early morning volunteer gig. The morning passed pleasantly. It's so good to be appreciated. It makes getting up and out and silly-o'clock all worthwhile!

24 more please and thank you.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Late check in today. Techie, hope you feel better soon and Flurona is the newest mess. It will never end…. Dill, I hope Mr. Dill feels better soon. Happy Birthday QW. Big Al, your courage amazes me. Im so proud of you for entering rehab again. You are a fighter and will beat this!!! Looking forward to hearing from you again. I know you don’t have free internet time so hopefully you will be contacting the group soon. Wishing everyone a great evening. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good Morning Cafe. Quick check in this morning. Another 24 for me please and thanks!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], glad that Mr. D tested negative and is feeling better. It's so sad that if anyone sneezes in public these days, people look at them in horror, automatically assuming that they have been exposed to covid. I believe that the media is partly to blame for creating paranoia and panic amongst the general population. Sometimes I have to turn off the news to avoid pitching something at the tv! Uggh!

Looking forward to saying no to the beast over the next 24 hours.

Comment

5:15am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to hear Mr D just has a cold [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Seems like lots of people are getting Omicron but it's doesn't seem to affect most people as hard as the other variants. Hopefully both of you stay as healthy as you can. And that goes for everyone here!

Bubba and I had our booster jabs yesterday, feeling fine this morning and my arm isn't nearly as sore as it was with the first two jabs. The senior farm boss came down with shingles and he's just getting over them. When I was in the pharmacy waiting to get my booster I saw signs about getting vaccinated for shingles, I asked the pharmacist about it and she said she thought it was a good idea. Have any of you been vaccinated for shingles?
                      Last edited by abcowboy; January 7, 2022, 07:30 AM.
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Cowboy, I had my 1st of 2 shots of Shingrix to prevent shingles about 2 months ago. I had shingles about 15 years ago and would not wish it on my worst enemy. I’d recommend talking to your doctor about it. That reminds me, I should book an appointment for the 2nd shot.

Jude, I agree with wanting to throw something at the TV when the news is on. The media seems to sensationalize so many things these days and in their effort to sell more newspapers, unnecessarily instills feelings of fear. The latest tactic here is to get vaccinated people even more pissed off at those not vaccinated because of the strain on the healthcare system. Roughly 80% of the population is fully vaccinated against Covid but it’s the 20% unvaccinated who are clogging ICU’S. There are calls for hospital authorities to reduce services to them to 20% of resources so that cancelled/delayed procedures can be done for those who have been vaccinated.

Techie, have you been able to see your grand baby yet? Hope so.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

ABC, I've had both my shingle shots. I felt a little punky after the first one but nothing with the second. My sister had a terrible case years back and I knew from watching her experience I would do anything to avoid them!

I'll gladly take another 24 of freedom!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the newly boosted. We have decided to wait until next week to see newborn Vivienne, mom and dad. We are both still sick (now on Azithromycin) so this is a good safety precaution. Thank you QW. Sick as I am, I have this sudden urge to ski. So, three am I go down to out storage room and bring ski, boots, helmet, googles, etc and load up my SUV. I have just finished putting everything away. Funny how the mind works independent of the body, hahaha. So, with long downhill runs in my mind, but congestion in my lungs, I fully accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

I LOVE THIS…
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Late check in for me. 24 almost completed!
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the newly boosted
                                Just joined the club yesterday! (not feeling so hot today though)

Comment

Working...
                                X