~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Today I make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I am going to use the recipe off the back of the Nestle toll house choc. chip bag. Last time I made them I used my mom's recipe. Both are great. I mean...they are chocolate chip cookies...what could go wrong?

Techie I have been wondering, did the woman actually use the name Techie or did she use your real name? Or, do you go by that nickname in your real world sometimes? I have been imagining the scene and for some reason I picture it happening in a fog. Was it foggy, or clear? I'm with Rava: "I would embrace it and not look at it as scary or negative." I have had unexplained phenomenon happen like that and it is very odd and unsettling when it happens. But in my case, usually nothing came from it, or good came from it.

Still missing [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...

24 more for all of us please.
    Last edited by dill; January 12, 2022, 07:46 AM.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Techie, that is really spooky. It gave me "the shivers."

Missing Pauly as well. Hope that she is OK.

Sending healing thoughts your way [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION].

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, that was weird. I’m going to suggest that you document the event - day, time, location, circumstances - so that you have a record, especially if there should be a recurrence. Mrs QW had similar experiences prior to her PD diagnosis, events that we had basically forgotten about. And the events were spread out over a couple of years, along with panic attacks. You went through a lot in that car crash, could this be a lingering side effect? Don’t treat this lightly and don’t hesitate to talk to your doctor.

Off for a walk shortly in mild temperatures. I really enjoy when chinooks blow in but the change in atmospheric pressure gives a lot of people headaches, me included, for a few days.

COVID numbers here, like most places, are increasing, so as much as possible we’re staying indoors and avoiding people.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I'm here,tbh I'm so covid weary that I have no interest in posting or reading much,I haven't gotten it yet but I'm sure I probably will cuz it's made its way thru the whole family, I'm just absolutely tired of talking/hearing/living with it I'm a bit pissed off with it,thought it'd be a thing of the past but yet it lingers, everything is slow here,businesses have changed hours cuz everyone is out sick,school is taking a 5 day break to help stop the spread meh,anyhoo waves to the gang and a happy AF day for us all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, that's good advice for Techie.

I'm with you Pauly about covid but sadly it's running wild in this resort at the moment.

Golfing today so better get going! I'll take another 24.

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              Today I make a batch of chocolate chip cookies. I am going to use the recipe off the back of the Nestle toll house choc. chip bag. Last time I made them I used my mom's recipe. Both are great. I mean...they are chocolate chip cookies...what could go wrong?

Techie I have been wondering, did the woman actually use the name Techie or did she use your real name? Or, do you go by that nickname in your real world sometimes? I have been imagining the scene and for some reason I picture it happening in a fog. Was it foggy, or clear? I'm with Rava: "I would embrace it and not look at it as scary or negative." I have had unexplained phenomenon happen like that and it is very odd and unsettling when it happens. But in my case, usually nothing came from it, or good came from it.

Still missing [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]...

24 more for all of us please.
              No she called me by my real name.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and mysterious runners. The situation has while not totally resolved, gotten better. A neighbor told us tat there is a gal named Sarah that has been training for a cross country ski race on the Nevada side of the Sierras that runs by their place almost every day. Also, on my run with Mrs Techie behind me with Go Pro camera we noticed some heavily forested cut through spots around the area I saw her yesterday. So, she could have slipped out there while I was not watching. Nobody but moi and wife this morning. BTW, Mrs Techie is one BADASS athlete herself. So, with ghosts behind me and sobriety ahead, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

1/12/22
                Last edited by techie; January 12, 2022, 02:50 PM. Reason: Typo
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning. So glad you checked in Pauly but also very sorry that you are feeling so bad. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery from this awful virus. It seems like we are slowly headed back to a lock down. I sure hope not. Thinking of you Big Al and hope things are improving for you. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you. Great picture Techie!

Comment

Trying to stay positive through all of this covid B.S. but some days are really tough. Things could always be worse I suppose!

Good to see you back Pauly!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:12am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for letting us know you're doing okay [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]! This Covid thing is really getting annoying, to the point that a lot of people just don't care anymore. That's not fair to those who get seriously ill from it or need to be hospitalized, but I'm about as tired of it dominating the news as everyone else. I very seldom wear a mask, only when I go into a store. I've got a bad attitude about it now, I've come to the conclusion that it will be what it will be...
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I was wondering the other night, watching the evening news, what they would report on once Covid is no longer newsworthy. The first 22 minutes of the show was all Covid related.
                          The province of Quebec is talking of implementing fines for unvaccinated residents. We have universal health care in Canada which guarantees every citizen access to health care so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. And a lot of vaccinated people, over 80% of the population, are fed up with their rights being infringed on by the minority of unvaccinated. Some have even said that the unvaccinated should only be able to access 20% of medical resources so that other priority medical procedures can be done.
                          Anyway, enough Covid crap.

Pauly, great to see you post. You were missed in the Cafe and on the other boards where you post.

My daughter in law also has a January birthday and every year we celebrate our birthdays by having a steak barbecue. That’s happening this Saturday. My son the chef will be doing the cooking but he put me in charge of marinating the rib eyes because according to him, word on the street is that I have time to fart around! I’m not sure how I got a smart ass kid, must be a trait from Mrs QW!!!

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; January 13, 2022, 08:25 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Stopping in to wish a happy birthday to the new senior citizen the cafe!! Happy birthday, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]!
                            Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.

Comment

Hope you enjoy your cake, ABC!

Let's all enjoy an easy AF day! Another 24!

Comment

Happy Birthday Cowboy! waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X