~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy Birthday Cowboy!! I hope you have an enjoyable day.

Awesome cake Ginger!! Well done.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Happy Birthday, Cowboy. Just back from an exhausting 15k run with Mrs Techie. No mystery runner this morning. It was perfect temperature for us. So, we a head and heart full of joy, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible including Paulie who is healing quickly and will be right as rain soon. Blessings x

Last edited by techie; January 13, 2022, 12:35 PM.
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Birthday, Cowboy!!!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy belated birthday [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! Hope that your day was as special as you are! :celebrate::sendflowers:

Looks like we'll be shovelling snow due to a coastal storm that's headed out way, but first we have to deal with bitter cold. Wind chill temps of -30-40°F are expected. Time to bring out the woolies and a good book!

Good to see you [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION]!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Happy belated birthday Cowboy. Hope you had a great one! Need to ask for 24 please and thank you. Messed up yesterday but I know what I have to do to get myself back. Just don’t drink. Sounds so damned easy but it’s not always that way. My biggest problem is lack of structure especially in the evenings. I have no problems during the daytime. Ugh. Wishing everyone a safe and AF day!

Comment

I too am covid weary and I am also weary of media that doesn't seem to want to do anything but propagandize and politicians that don't seem to want to do anything except advance their own careers and blow their own horns. I basically have checked out on the whole thing or at least I'm limiting my time thinking about it or listening to the news which as you say, QW is heavily invested in talking about it. I'm sure if they tried they could find some actual news, but they don't. UH OH! I broke my own no politics rule! Sorry. I'll leave these comments but will try not to say anything further that would be political in nature.

Yesterday our name came to the top of the list at the dealership! A Rav4 EV came up for sale and the person ahead of us in line passed on it because he found one already closer to his home. (He was actually going to drive over from the state of Virginia where he lives! Long way away.) Anyway, we had to move on it fast or it would have been sold out from under us. It is beautiful! Color is red and black.
              Oh boy! Is there ever a learning curve for this vehicle!

I hope you can keep warm Jude! Curled up by the woodstove is where I spend a lot of my time!

24 hours, please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross-posted [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]. Glad you're right back here with us!
                Dill

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=19596]Slo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone, and thank you for the totally awesome birthday cake [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Now I just have to wait till next month for the government to pay me to stay home lol. I had a pretty good day yesterday, found myself laying in manure covered straw surrounded by a bunch of cows waiting for me to get the stock waterer working!

Keep coming back [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it will eventually stick if you don't give up!

I don't think complaining about politicians as a whole is breaking the no politics rule [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], it's when we get into specifics about individual politicians or political parties where things get dicey. I know I wouldn't want to be any politician trying to deal with Covid lol.
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please and thank you.

Jude, when did you move to Alberta??? There’s nothing nice about those windchills so curling up (rugging up as they say in Australia) by the fire with a good book is perfect for a day like today.

Glad you had a nice birthday Cowboy although laying in cow poop wouldn’t be everyone’s idea of a good time. Now you can rightfully complain about Larry, Curly and Moe and friends in Ottawa lining their pockets while us pensioners get little or no increase in our pensions. (My apologies to the Three Stooges!)

Rava, you got this. ODAAT.

Congrats on the new ride Dill! Hope the learning curve isn’t too steep!

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, congrats on the new car! I have a 2005 Rav4 that I just can't bare to part with. I bought it new back then. My first solo car purchase and was able to negotiate a heck of a deal. It's such a great car and has never given me a bit of trouble. It only has a 100,000 miles on it so should last a few more years. Haha

Techie, glad you and Mrs are feeling better! That's a heck of a run.

Rava, you got this. You're right back here and that's what matters.

ABC, laying in cow poop? Interesting way to spend your bday. Lol

We are back in the perfect temps. Hiking the desert then co-teaching a Mandala painting class. Weather is so nice, we will do the class outside. I love the desert and ask for 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and self improvers. Gorgeous morning and finally met up with Sarah, the mystery runner. We’ll, it was Mrs Techie that saw her in the distance and we caught up to her and ran a few miles with her. She is going to compete in a cross country ski race next week near Lake Tahoe. She is an amazing athlete who has climbed Mount Everest (North side Tibet) but did not summit in 2008. She was caught in the queue to the summit and had to turn around due to low oxygen. We spent about two hours chatting with her in Starbucks after the run. I’m always intrigued by peoples life stories. So, Mrs Techie invited Sarah and her husband Max to dinner at our house but no date set yet. They are going to check their calendar and call us.

So, with potential new friends and deep gratitude, I accept another twenty four. I wish you the best day possible. Blessings!

Last edited by techie; January 14, 2022, 12:31 PM. Reason: Add
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I agree with you 100% regarding the politics in this country. I'm very concerned about the future at this point. Congrats on the new car as well, it sounds really nice! I have a 2014 Subaru Forester, and it's got well over 100,000 miles on it, but I will drive it until it won't run anymore. It's a great car, and awesome in the snow. Love it!
                            [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], :horse: thanks for your honesty. Staying AF is so hard sometimes, but you can do this!

Sounds like you have made a new friend [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], with a lot in common with you and your wife.

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I'd love to see some pics of your new ride [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Is it just electric or gas as well?

Comment

Working...
                                X