Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

A mild day & perfect barbecuing conditions. Looking forward to spending the day with family.

Big Al, thinking about you. You can beat the beast! Looking forward to seeing you in the Cafe soon.

Enjoy the day, af of course.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Saturday for us all!
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ask, and ye shall receive, Cowboy!

The dealer took these and sent them to us to help us decide if we wanted to come see it and buy it.
        Sorry the one came out sideways. It wasn't that way when I inserted it!

I am loving how it handles. It's a joy to drive, but I have a really hard time keeping to the speed limit because it has such pick up! I'm going to rely pretty heavily on cruise control to keep from speeding!

It looks small in these pics, but it is not small. It is a small SUV, but to me it looks and feels like a large vehicle.
        Our Volt was very compact and low to the ground so this will take a bit of getting used to.

It is a plug in hybrid. You can actually choose if you want to run on electric only or if you want to run it in hybrid mode.
        It is supposed to go 38 miles on electric before switching over to gas. Or it can run in hybrid mode and is supposed to get 94 mpg in hybrid mode. Of course that changes depending on how far you are driving.

We're pulling for you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]! Looking forward to your return.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I love it, Dill! It's a beautiful car. You'll love it for many years!

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hoping things are going well for you. Look forward to seeing you back in the Cafe soon!

Hope we all have an easy day! 24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and green vehicle owners. Congratulations on the new SUV, [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. I had debated going in that direction as well but chose not to. We travel to SoCal a lot. My concern is always having to plan a specific route that would allow me to charge. Probably next vehicle. The gas prices here are around $5/gal. So, with an electric car in my future and lots of love in my heart I accept another blissful twenty four. I wish you the best day possible. Blessings!

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good afternoon cafe friends. I don’t have my phone for very long, but I skimmed the posts and am humbled by your support. I don’t know what to say.

I am still in treatment with a release date of Thursday the 20th. It is tough, made tougher by the the divorce papers I received yesterday. It was a blow. I’m still trying to process this. Our 20th wedding anniversary is on Tuesday. I guess it will be our last.

I appreciate the support friends, I will need it in the days and weeks to come.

Comment

Hello Cafe. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Dill, congrats on your beautiful new ride. I love it!!! Techie so glad you met the mystery runner and will now become friends with her. Also Big Al, so very sorry for the divorce papers. That definitely adds stress to your situation. I hope you overcome all of this and get well. Wishing everyone an AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Big Al, I sent you a private message.

Our plans for a family get together and barbecue are postponed thanks to Covid. Son, daughter in law, both grandkids and myself all showing symptoms. Dammit.

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

So sorry to here this [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] that is just awful. I’ll keep you and family in my thoughts and healing prayers!
                    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by BigAl View Post
                      Good afternoon cafe friends. I don’t have my phone for very long, but I skimmed the posts and am humbled by your support. I don’t know what to say.

I am still in treatment with a release date of Thursday the 20th. It is tough, made tougher by the the divorce papers I received yesterday. It was a blow. I’m still trying to process this. Our 20th wedding anniversary is on Tuesday. I guess it will be our last.

I appreciate the support friends, I will need it in the days and weeks to come.
                      I’m sorry you had to get that news while in Rehab. However, you have a strong support network there that can help you deal with this fallout. Having been down that road about fourteen years ago, I personally know what you are going through. My papers arrived shortly after leaving a staff meeting. I will not waste time with all the cliches, but you WILL get through this stronger, better, and fucking sober. That is what Kings do when we shed our boy psychology. I did. You will. Love you brother x

Comment

Originally posted by techie View Post
                        So sorry to here this [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] that is just awful. I’ll keep you and family in my thoughts and healing prayers!
                        Ditto. I'll pray for mild cases. Let us know how it goes. My daughter and her partner thought they had it as all their children came down with it, but they both tested negative. So, it seems there is a flu bug going around, too.

BigAl, I am so sorry to hear about the divorce papers. How awful for you. Please don't let it throw you off course. You have too much to gain by getting and staying sober.

24 more for all of us please.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm so sorry about the divorce papers [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Rotten timing, but please stay the course, drinking will only make things worse. Depression and alcohol go hand in hand for many people, and it's the last thing that you need now. :hug:
                          [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], praying for you and your family that it's not covid causing the symptoms, and that you all recover quickly.

Nice ride dill! I had to chuckle at your description of how quickly the new car accelerates. All I could picture was you speeding down the highway with police cars and flashing lights right behind you! :eek-new:

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:40am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Well then, let's get some breakfast served...

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That is a sweet looking ride [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Best not be practicing for the Indy 500 though lol.

Sorry to hear your barbeque plans had to be cancelled [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and hopefully everyone will have mild cases of Covid. I really believe that most of us will have had Covid before this is all said and done. Not to make you sad, but I did grill pork tenderloins on the smoker yesterday!

Terrible news and timing with the divorce papers [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. Your rehab and sobriety might not mean much to your wife now and in the future, but you still have to do it for you, your kids, and future grandkids. We're with you all the way, through thick and thin...

Comment

Working...
                                X