~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the perfect breakfast Cowboy. Woke up to sirens and tornado warnings in my area today. Scary for sure. All is ok so far. QW so sorry about your family and damn covid. UGH. Hope they just have a mild case and you can have your get together in a few weeks. Hope everyone has a good Sunday. 24 more for me please and thank you very much.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and good wishes Cafe friends. COVID symptoms are mild but I’m assuming this is what I have so am self-isolating for the next 5 days. This is one of the rare weeks with no medical appointments so we can more easily stay home.

Another awesome breakfast Cowboy. Thanks! I bet the pork tenderloins you did on the smoker were amazing. I barbecued a tomahawk steak yesterday, a gift from my son the chef/butcher. I had thawed the steak so it couldn’t go back in the freezer. In spite of not feeling 100%, we did enjoy the steak and have leftovers for the next couple of days.

Have a great af Sunday everyone. Big Al, thinking about you.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], thank you for checking in. I'm so sorry. No words, sending strength your way.

QW, hope you and yours are well soon!

Headed out in the desert today for a hike. Hard part is leaving the old dog behind. :'( I'll happily take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Thanks again for another wonderful meal. I love to be hiking with you [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I understand about the dog sitch. Our Maddie loved hiking and leading (pack mentality) but I often have to leave her home. Gorgeous morning here. Run and meditation are done. Going to get some reading done then code a SAS program for our Chiropractor (former world class athlete) who is finally trying to further automate his practice and is looking to develop sone metrics around different programs he offers. There is a huge exercise facility attached to his practice and he owns that as well. State of the art. Attracts Triathletes , Climbers, Skiers and the average person wanting to use a state-of-the-art facility. So busy day for me.

So, with laptop in my desk and warmth in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Glad that your symptoms are mild QW, and I hope that they stay that way!

Snowy morning here, so it looks like a good day to stay inside and knit, but there will be no alcohol involved!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Jude you will be knitting and I will be crocheting. Hope everyone has an AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We've got a winter storm warning in effect right now for our area as well [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]. It's just below freezing right now and we're supposed to get freezing rain sometime this morning then the temp is supposed to start dropping. Then a bunch of snow is supposed to fall on top of the frozen rain along with high winds causing more snow and blowing snow. I've been in the house for the past couple of days so I'm going to venture out to the farm to load up for a job, but I'll keep an eye out on the weather and head back home if it starts getting bad.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I’m feeling better this morning so plan to walk with my son on his way to work. We’re to get nasty winter weather starting tonight so tomorrow likely won’t be pleasant.

Has anyone made sourdough bread from their own starter? I’m starting my starter this morning. We already bake our own bread but thought this would be a nice addition.

Have a great af Monday everyone. Safe driving to those getting stormed on!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Sure am glad you are feeling better, QW! Did Mrs. Q have any symptoms? Sure hope not. And I have no suggestions re: sour dough starter. I've never done it. Good luck, but I'm sure you won't need it.

We had a storm here last night but it wasn't too awful. We ended up with about 3 inches overnight. I think the heavier snows were south of us.

Nothing special going on here today. I'm sure I'll find something to do here around the house!

Another 24, please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

QW, glad you're feeling better. Hoping that continues!

I'll be shoveling sunshine today!
                        And asking for another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and storm watcher’s. Off to golf at 10am. Frost delay. So, with my driver at the ready and love in my heart I accept another twenty four. Wishing you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Still snowing here with about 8 inches on the ground, but it's supposed to let up this afternoon. I love being inside and watching the snow come down. It's so beautiful!

Rava, I tried crocheting, but I could never get the yarn to stay on the hook. I guess that my hands aren't as nimble as they used to be!

QW, your mention of sourdough bread brought back memories from a case that we had when I was working as a vet tech. One day a man came in with his dog, who was indeed very ill. One of vets examined the dog who had been vomiting, and had an extremely bloated abdomen. (He could have been a float in the Macy's day parade) Upon questioning the owner, apparently his dog had eaten a large quantity of raw sourdough. We admitted the dog into the clinic for bloodwork and x-rays. While we were working on him, the dog passed gas. The smell was absolutely noxious, but we continued to examine and treat the dog. We couldn't believe our eyes when we looked at the radiograph of the dog's abdomen. His intestines were so full of gas that I thought the poor thing would explode! Oh yeah, then came the diarrhea...a putrid, greenish yellow, never-ending stream of it. The poor thing was you know...sick as a dog. We nicknamed him "Bisquick" and after several days of treatment, he did recover fully. After receiving the Bill for our services, the owner said that he will definitely keep the sourdough where the dog couldn't get to it. Some days I really miss working in veterinary medicine. It was often stressful and heartbreaking, but we always found time to have a little fun!

Anyway, I've babbled on long enough.

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Loved the Bisquick story Jude! QW I used to make sour dough bread from a started but then it started to be too much. It’s funny that you even mention this as I was thinking about getting back into it. Good luck and it’s the best bread ever! I will be shoveling sunshine with Ginger today. Thinking of you Big Al. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

5:38am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X