~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, my pup (12yo pup that is) loves bread. I will have to make a mental note not to share sour dough with her! Your story reminded me of the episode of All Creatures Great and Small that was on this past Sunday. It's a PBS show based on the short stories of James Herriot who, many of you will know, was a country veterinarian around the early 20th century. Is anyone besides me watching that show? It is in its second season.

I'm on my 3rd cup of coffee and ready to get out of my chair and get busy around here! 24 more for all of us please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

We didn't get quite as much snow as you [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], more like the amount that [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] received. Still enough to warrant a date with the shovel this morning, too darn windy to use the snowblower. I did try going to the farm yesterday, but turned around and came back, the roads were like a skating rink! I'll give it another try this morning after I get the snow shoveled. I'm beginning to understand why [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] and [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] enjoy it where they are!

I've never tried to make sourdough bread, but sure enjoy eating it! I do use Bisquick for making waffles, and now I'm going to chuckle every time I make waffles lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Aahhh, doggie farts, nothing quite like them. Believe it or not, I miss them! And I’m glad Bisquick made a full recovery!!

No bubbles on my sourdough starter yet but it’s early. Hope to see activity later on.

Dill, thanks for asking about Mrs QW. Fortunately she has shown no Covid symptoms.

I wish we could shovel sunshine! Sadly it’s snowing here and the temperature had dropped to very cold. Won’t be walking this morning but will give my son a ride to work.

I have a webinar this morning with an organization I volunteer with as a mentor. The organization works with members of our military transitioning from service in to entrepreneurship. COVID has caused a slowdown in business activity, hopefully it picks up soon.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
        Last edited by Quit wining; January 18, 2022, 08:53 AM.
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Wishing us all a happy AF day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Now that was a story, Jude!

Appointment today so have to get going! I'll happily take 24

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and snow bound. Quick check in for moi. I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], have you read any of James Herriot's books? I've seen the tv series, but the books are so much better! (IMHO)

Looking forward to another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Looking up James Herriot books today. Our painter is finished today. By Friday our place will be done! Well done as it can be. Looking forward to a visit from one of my kids. Makes me happy that they are flying down to see me. Wishing everyone a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yes Jude, I read a collection of his short stories and really enjoyed it. Maybe I'll look up some of his other works. This series I'm watching is a remake. It's absolutely beautiful video and the characters are charming. Including the animals, of course! :happy2:

Rava, so wonderful about getting the condo done (more or less)! And great that one of the kids are coming!:welldone:

Have a glorious AF hump day, everyone!
                      Last edited by dill; January 19, 2022, 08:56 AM.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

The sourdough starter is growing like mad! It’s in a 1 quart lidded jar and threatening to escape and take over the kitchen. No wonder poor Bisquick was in pain!

I’m looking forward to warm temperatures tomorrow after two cold days. At least we missed the snow that hit much of Alberta.

Big Al, thinking about you.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Going orange picking today. Yum! Then headed this afternoon to a food truck round up. More yum! They have $1 samples so we can try different things. It's a good thing I'm getting a lot of exercise!

I want another 24!

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and orange pickers everywhere. Very chilly morning run. Now off on the bike after this. I was thinking yesterday about how blessed I am to be able to do the things I do, which I love. They give me purpose and huge amounts of personal satisfaction. I will be entering in what is considered my senior years shortly. So, with deep gratitude I fully accept another twenty four hours of loving life. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Dill and Rava, I would recommend reading James Herriots book All Creatures Great and Small. It's the first in his series of books, and it's a fantastic read. The second one I believe, is All Things Bright and Beautiful, the third one is The Lord God Made Them All. I rarely read a book more than once, but the copies that I have are quite dog-eared.

Still snowing and bitter cold here, but I have my knitting and many books to read.

Thinking of you Big Al, and hope that you are finding your way.

With gratitude I'll take another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X