No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:34am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

How did the orange picking go [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]? I can only imagine what a fresh picked orange tastes like!

Are you guys planning to do anymore to the condo after the painting is done [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], or is it time to just sit back and enjoy the new place?

Hope things are going well [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], we're all waiting for you return to the Café!

Not much new to report on here, tired of winter though lol.
      Last edited by abcowboy; January 20, 2022, 08:28 AM.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, today the windows are getting professionally cleaned and tomorrow we have plantation shutters being installed. That will complete our work except for the landscaping which will come in time. Dining room table is out another month. But then it’s time to relax. I want to start exercising again. I miss that and feel so stiff in the mornings. I can’t even imagine how much worse I would feel with a hangover. UGH. It’s hard enough waking up normal. LOL. Jude, I ordered one of his books yesterday from thrift books.com. It was a used book for 4.00. Can’t wait to read it. Thinking of you big Al. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks to an overnight Chinook it’s warm enough to walk this morning. Even though our winter has been relatively mild, I too am tired of it.

Picking oranges from a tree vs picking up oranges at the store would be a nice and welcome change!

Not much else newsworthy here either so with that, have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

The oranges are amazing! We got some grapefruit and lemons too. Nothing like store bought. The valley back home has a huge apple industry which is wonderful too. We are lucky to have such bounty year round. Yummo!

Off to golf today! Hope we all have an easy AF day. 24 please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and citrus pickers. I posted earlier but it got farkled somehow. Anyway, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings to you all x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wow Ginger, I would love some fresh picked oranges right about now! We have a huge apple crop around here in the fall, and Mr. J and I go picking every year. Nothing like a homemade pie using just picked apples! Yum!

Still bitter cold, but at least it's stopped snowing.

With gratitude I'm looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Hope those in the cold weather are staying warm. We turned the heat on last night as it got down into the 40s. Thats cold for Florida. Today is supposed to rain but I will take it over snow and ice. Hope everyone has a great and AF day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

We had some freezing rain with a bit of snow yesterday [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], more freezing rain forecast for today turning into snow tonight. Not sure if I would prefer the colder temps over the freezing rain or not lol. I bet the place hardly looks like the same one you bought!

Wonder where [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] got to yesterday, maybe just busy...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I went to a few hardware stores yesterday in search of an electrical cord plug end to replace the broken one on our kettle. I couldn’t find one anywhere, thanks to an apparent shortage of resin. And supply chain issues. And Covid. I didn’t want to throw out the old kettle and buy a new one when an easy fix was possible. Fortunately one of my sons is an electrician and he not only had a plug end, he installed it.
                        I’m not sure how much of what we’re finding in stores, empty shelves, higher prices, etc is actually true or if it’s the result of fear mongering and greed. There’s a guy in Canada who is an expert in gas pricing issues and it seems every time he says there could be an increase at the pump, it happens. Either he’s really good at his job or big oil is paying him!

My sourdough starter, nicknamed Bisquick, is doing amazingly well. I should be able to bake bread on Sunday. Can’t wait.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Swear I posted yesterday, guess not,QW our shelves are bare here too think people are panic buying or like you said they can jack up the prices if they're low on stock it's annoying, waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF Friday for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bare shelves here in AZ too. I spend little time looking locally though. I usually just head to Amazon. There's a huge distribution center close by and some times I can get items same day. QW, nice to have an electrician in the family!

My golf game was off but the day was perfect so I was happy as a clam in high tide!
                            [url=https://postimg.cc/CnNYNcfL]

Hope we all have an easy day! 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and golfers everywhere. I’m off to play our club course in a few minutes. Today’s high 65f m. Should be a beauty. So, with birdies in my thoughts and love in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

What course [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Messed up yesterday but I know what I have to do to get myself back. Just don’t drink. Sounds so damned easy but it’s not always that way. My biggest problem is lack of structure especially in the evenings. I have no problems during the daytime. Ugh. Wishing everyone a safe and AF day!
                                I really hear you on that, especially after switching environments: one where I did most of my drinking, and am usually alone in the evenings. Especially not feeling that great the last few days, that instinct to smooth things over with booze can be pretty strong. I just have to keep reminding myself that Al is only a short term solution that will make things so so so much worse in the long run.
                                So... asking for another 24.

Comment

Working...
                                X