~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Jude, I will definitely get the audio version of All Creatures Great and Small. It is available thru our local library's digital collection, but I will have to wait a bit for it to become available. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm sure I will enjoy it!

Cowboy, I was indeed too busy to post yesterday. Mr. D suffered a couple of pulmonary embolisms and we ended up in the Emergency Room Wednesday night and into the wee hours of Thursday. He had to be admitted but the closest hospital with an available bed was a good hour away! I guess the surge of omicron is still messing with our area. Anyway, due to circumstances I just didn't have time to post. Thankfully, Mr. D is feeling better and was released from the hospital today. Thank goodness! He'll be on Xarelto for a while. I'm grateful that I was sober and able to drive him to the ER that night!

24 more please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], that's so frightening about Mr. D having pulmonary embolisms. I'm glad that he is doing better, and yes, what a good thing that you were sober. You just never know when you will be called upon to drive somewhere.
      [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], I think it's hysterical that you nicknamed your sourdough starter "Bisquick". Too funny!

Wicked cold again this morning at -10 F, and that's without any wind. Brrr...

Comment

Good Saturday morning Cafe. Dill, so glad Mr. Dill is doing better. How scary for you and also how great that you were sober. Ginger, that golf course picture is beautiful. Lots of sunshine and green turf. Beautiful! Well we got our shutters up yesterday. They didnt finish until almost 7 pm. 2 windows were measured wrong so they will come back. But what is up looks great. We are happy with the results. Also the fact that we have not paid a dime yet until the job is done. What a great company. Heading out to community yard sale today at 8 am. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. I will admit I am struggling. Hoping I can get my ass in gear and stay on the course. Another 24 for please and thank you.

Comment

5:32am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That's scary stuff [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! Glad he's doing better though. And it goes to show that being sober can be so important when we least expect it!

Hang in there [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], no need to drink because you're a non-drinker. Just tell yourself, no thanks, I don't drink!

There is a lot of things that are not available [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]. There is not a single fiberglass pressure tank available due to a shortage of resin! And my wholesaler is telling me it will be the same for any fiberglass plumbing fixtures once stocks are depleted.

Looks like a beautiful golf course [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! And the golf score isn't always that important, just enjoying the course can be just as satisfying as a good score.

I'm off to Sherwood Park this morning if the highways are okay for travel. Adam wants to move the laundry room from the top floor to the basement and he got the wall built where he wants to put them so he needs me to rough in the drain, water lines, and dryer vent today. Once he has the wall finished, I'll go back and help him move the washer and dryer down the 2 flights of stairs and get them connected. Then he can finish the renos on the top floor.
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, glad Mr D is on the mend. That must have been scary. Glad you were able to be there for him.

Jude, your comment about not knowing when you might be called on to drive somewhere is spot on. This has been a strong motivator for me to not drink in case I need to take Mrs QW to hospital.

Safe travels to Sherwood Park Cowboy. You’re a good Dad to help out.

Off to tame Bisquick! Have a great af Saturday everyone. Rava, stay strong! Big Al, hope you’re making great progress.

QW
              Last edited by Quit wining; January 22, 2022, 08:33 AM.
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill,glad your hubs is ok! Sounds scary waves ro the gang and wishes for a fabulous AF Saturday for us all!
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                  Good Saturday morning Cafe. Dill, so glad Mr. Dill is doing better. How scary for you and also how great that you were sober. Ginger, that golf course picture is beautiful. Lots of sunshine and green turf. Beautiful! Well we got our shutters up yesterday. They didnt finish until almost 7 pm. 2 windows were measured wrong so they will come back. But what is up looks great. We are happy with the results. Also the fact that we have not paid a dime yet until the job is done. What a great company. Heading out to community yard sale today at 8 am. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. I will admit I am struggling. Hoping I can get my ass in gear and stay on the course. Another 24 for please and thank you.
                  Why are you struggling Rava? We're here to talk if you need to,sometimes that helps ((hugs))
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Dill, so glad your hubby is better. That's so scary! How did he know something was wrong?

Rava, we have our community rummage sale today too. Must be the season.

ABC, I need some work done in AZ. Come on down and bring your swim trunks!

Techie, the course is called Queen Valley. It's a small local course. Only two par 5s. We do nothing hard-core. Lol

With a grateful heart for all of you here, I ask for 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I completed my stint in rehab and feel strong in my commitment to long term recovery / sobriety. My life still feels like it is imploding due to the divorce papers that I received three days prior to my 20th wedding anniversary, all while I was in treatment. The thoughts of life number two, beginning again at this stage in my life, overwhelm almost every other thought. My biggest challenge is not to lose myself in the anxiety of future unknowns, and the thought of the pain, sadness, and regret that will most definitely come with the events ahead. It is all very real and hangs off me like a weight. At the same time none of it seems real yet.

In any case, the only way to navigate through what is to come will be with sobriety. So I am committing to another 24 hours. I also want to express my deepest gratitude and appreciation for everyones positivity and thoughts through my absence from the thread. The english language does not contain the words necessary for my to articulate how much it means to me. You all are truly wonderful.

Comment

Welcome back, BigAl! You have a rough road ahead, no doubt. ODAAT will be needed on several fronts. I don't know what more I can say except that I wish you the strength and tenacity you will need to get thru. I firmly believe that you will come thru stronger and better.

Ginger, his symptoms came on gradually starting at about 4pm. They increased in intensity as the evening wore on. It was mild chest pains on the left side. At 9:30 he announced that he thought he better get to the Emergency Room. He hadn't mentioned any of the chest symptoms to me until that point. Even then I wasn't panicked or anything because other than the discomfort, he seemed to be ok. His color was good and he was mobile. It wasn't until we got to the ER that the pains became very severe and I was grateful we were there where he was getting good care. I believe I could have lost him if we had waited even one more hour before heading to the ER. Now that it is behind us I have been thinking how close I could have been to being on my own. I don't even want to think about it, really.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                        Last edited by dill; January 22, 2022, 12:57 PM.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those dear ones dealing with difficult situations. Sending healing light and prayers to Mr Dill and [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. A tool I used in recovery and my divorce was to create an ideal scene. I wrote on a sheet of paper exactly how I saw my life going forward. I was very specific about all I wanted to have unfold. Most of what I created came true and I look forward to what lies ahead.

So, with lots of love for all I have, I gratefully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

What a great idea to write down scenes of how you would like your future to be [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION]! If you want something badly enough, I believe that you can attain your goals if you keep the end result clear in your mind.

Sorry that you are struggling [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], and I do understand. Sometimes the craving for a glass of wine is so strong that it's almost painful. I keep trying to tell myself that those feelings are temporary, and that they will go away eventually, but it is still very hard. Hang in there. Whenever I have slipped in the past, I always wake up the next day with feelings of regret and shame. It's just not worth it.
                            [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I remember something that you said after going through rehab the first time. You said that being in rehab made it too easy not to drink. Keep that in mind, and make use of the tools that you have learned to stay af. I really liked techie's idea of envisioning your life the way that you would like it to be, and then do everything that you can to make it happen. You are going to have a tough row to hoe, but we are here to help in any way that we can.

Asking for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Back in a bit once I get breakfast served!

Comment

Working...
                                X