• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy AF Monday to us all!
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

BigAl, I'm you have a boss that knows what you're going through. Sending energy your way daily.

Rava, do you have any past hobbies that you could resurrect? I recently took up dot painting. So relaxing and gets me over the hump on days I need a little extra push! Here's a 12x12 inch that I just did for my rock garden.

Let's all have a great AF week! 24 more, please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and dot painters everywhere. Love it. Exercise had been my obsession since forever. A bit of a hiatus following 9/11 due to combining drugs and alcohol. I even ran and lifted weights through hangovers. My keys to excellent health:
        o get quality sleep (take melatonin)
        o Morning meditation
        o push ups to failure (do them as slowly as possible)
        o squats to failure (slow as possible)
        o cycle hot/cold showers
        o eat as cleanly as possible (avoid sugar)
        o fast 16:8 (black coffee is fine while waiting for the 16 hour fast to end)
        o lots of water throughout the day

I know running is not everyone’s thing, so walk everyday. Nobody needs to spend hours in the gym. Use you body weight for resistance training)

So, now that si gave the entire group motivated I will happily accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], so glad that you are enjoying the book. It's one of my favorites!

@Big Al, I think that it's a good thing that your boss knows about your problems. He will be in a better position to help you and understand what you are going through.

Snowing again, but at least it has warmed up to 23°F. Woo hoo!

Looking forward to another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe and thanks for all the words of encouragement and mentions of your structured routines. Ginger, I love your dot painting. I actually do diamond painting which is very similar. I also crochet. I have lots of hobbies, but lack of structure. I need to force myself to get back into my hobbies. Today my daughter is coming for a visit for about 4 days. Im very excited. She is not a drinker so there will be no drinking together. One thing when my kids were growing up I hid my drinking. So they have no idea of my struggles throughout the years. Luckily they never grew up around endless drinking and never adopted that practice into their lives. So I go forward another day feeling grateful and sober. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:30am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

“Today's accomplishments were yesterday's impossibilities”
                ~ROBERT SCHULLER

Ginger, I had not heard of dot painting, so I searched on it. Thanks for taking the time to post a phot. It looks like a great hobby! Rava, I also saw videos on diamond painting which I also had not heard of. It looks like a great hobby too. I too have lots of hobbies, and they are gathering dust. It's time to revive them or develop a new one and then engage in them! Lack of structure is definitely a problem. Hey Rava, have a great visit with your daughter! :happy2:

Techie, good set of keys! But I'll pass on the pushups and the cold showers.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                Last edited by dill; January 25, 2022, 08:13 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Happy AF Tuesday to us all,Ginger thats beautiful! Techie great tips I use most of them except I've been lax on the strength training,I can walk for miles but the mojo to do any push ups,sit ups,squats etc,really need to get on them cuz I feel skinny fat right now bleh,have a great day all
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, hope you have a great visit with your daughter.

Yesterday I mentioned that starting my day with a walk set me up for the day. Yesterday I was walking with my son when I slipped on black ice. Nothing broken but a nasty cut on my left arm, bruises in a few places, headache, and lots of muscle pain. Not the way I wanted my day set up! I was glad my son was there to help me up.

Mrs QW has an appointment with a neurologist this afternoon, hopefully it’s worthwhile.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Techie, that's quite a list. I do four of those regularly.

Rava, enjoy your daughter's visit. Sounds like you'll have a wonderful catch up!

Hope everyone has an enjoyable AF day. I'll take another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Quite a bit of activity today, none of which I want to think about. My coping mechanism throughout my entire life has been to run away. That is no longer an option, so one day at a time.

I humbly ask for another 24 hours of sobriety.

Comment

Good morning cafe!

Love the dot painting Ginger! I too, have many hobbies, but many of them are on the back burner right now. Sometimes I just don't have the motivation to start any of them. Uggh..

Sorry to hear about your fall QW, and I hope that your injuries are not serious.

Looking forward to another sober day!

Comment

5:07am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Loved the artwork [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! Have you been doing it for long?

Enjoy your visit with your daughter [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it will be even better without drinking throughout it!

Thanks for the chuckle [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], "skinny fat" is a new one to me lol.

Sometimes "one day at a time" is all we can do [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], just keep moving forward even if you think there's nothing to look forward to. Things will get better, but it will take time...

There's lots of ice up here too [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] from all the freezing rain. I don't think my truck has been out of 4 wheel drive for a couple of weeks now. I took a small spill on the ice the other day as well, no major injuries except for a bit of back pain.
                              Last edited by abcowboy; January 26, 2022, 07:19 AM.

Comment

-2F this morning. Yuck.

I finally got around to making that 4 ingredient bread yesterday, [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and it was delish! Mr. D was in heaven. We had home made split pea and ham soup with it. Yummy, if I do say so myself... Thanks for that recipe idea. I dusted off and cleaned up my Aunt Marion's cast iron Dutch oven to bake it in and it was perfect. That Dutch oven has been stowed away in the attic for more than 20 years. It's pretty much an antique. I'm glad I held on to it. Many a delicious pot roast was prepared in that pot. I hope you are recuperating well after that nasty fall. That sounded awful!

Gratefully seeking another 24 for all of us here.
                                Last edited by dill; January 26, 2022, 07:23 AM.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X