~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. QW hope you are feeling ok this morning and not too stiff and sore from the fall. Sorry it happened. Dill, Pea soup is my favorite soup. LOL. We seem to have lots of stuff in common the longer we are on this site. Last night my family rolled in at 2:30 am and I woke up and was able to give them each a hug and head back to bed. No booze involved. So proud of myself!! The weather down here is cold and rainy so hopefully we will find something fun to do. Big Al, so good to hear from you. One day at a time is all we have. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Dill, glad the 4 ingredient bread recipe turned out well. Split pea with ham soup is one of our favourite meals! I wish they made an after shave that smelled like it!! Glad you dusted off your aunts Dutch oven. I use ours frequently for roasts, stews and bread.

The aches and pains from my fall are lessening so I’m going to head out again this morning but will wear better winter footwear. I meet my son and walk partway to work with him, it’s a great way to start my day!

Big Al, hope yesterday went OK. ODAAT. Stay strong!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Waves to the gang and wishes for a wonderful AF day!
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday. I am busy staying out of my own head. My two biggest issues seem to be loneliness and anxiety (worry about the future). I have both in spades and am tackling things sober. There will be no gentle ramp up to dealing with life on life's terms, it is right into the fire.

I humbly ask for another 24 please.

Comment

I flubbed my last post. Not sure where it went???

QW, glad you're better today. I can't think of a better way to start the day than to walk/talk to a "kid" in the morning. Stay safe out there all of you.

BigAl, thinking of you and sending you strength to get through this.

Just heard hubby's little brother has covid. He does have some co-morbidities so hoping he can get some antivirals today. He lives in one of the biggest cities in Washington so I'm sure they will be available, if he choices to take them.

ABC, I started painting back in November when we got to AZ. Art was never my thing. I'd rather be building something but I found this hobby relaxing and I'm happy I gave it a try!

Another beautiful day in the desert! Hoping to get out there to walk a few miles. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and AF heroes. I saw granddaughter for the first time yesterday. It was a ten on my hearts love meter. BTW, I hate living out of a suitcase as it reminds me of a decade long Corporate travel schedule of traveling domestically and internationally for up to 48 weeks a year. Even being blessed with total autonomy I really struggled with it. So, with my body fully grounded on terra firma and a heart full of love, I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

:
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Loved the quote techie! It seems as though so many people yearn for things that they don't have instead of focusing on all of the things already in their possession. For me, I'm just happy to have a warm place to stay, good food, and people that love me.
                [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I love my Dutch oven and use it all of the time. Yesterday I made chili in it, which was perfect during these sub-zero temps that we've been having lately.

Be careful on that ice cowboy. Freezing rain is the worst, but thankfully we haven't had much of that lately, just cold and snow.

I'll take another 24 please, and thank you very much!

Comment

5:03am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                  [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I tried Mrs QW’s walking sticks yesterday and they’re great for additional stability and my joints appreciated them too. Guess I’ll be getting my own.

Techie, glad you were finally able to see your granddaughter. Time stands still when you’re with them and especially holding them. You and Mrs T have lots to look forward to. Grandkids are the best!

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday everyone!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Another beautiful day here in the valley of the sun. Co-taught a painting class yesterday. The creations were great! We will do it again soon.

Feeling blessed! Hoping everyone has a great day! I'll take 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Busy day today with lawyers and all kinds of other things that I don't want to think about, let alone act on. But, there are things that are out of my control that I just need to let be. Or else I go crazy.
                          [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], a belated congratulations and an opportunity to live vicariously through your joy!

Another 24 of sobriety please.

Comment

That sounds like fun, Ginger! I am assuming it was a dot painting class. Was it? Did you learn the dot painting when you moved to the community in AZ for the winters?

I'm glad you are healing up well, QW.

Jude, my Dutch oven is the old-fashioned kind that is cast iron inside and out, no enamel lining. That's one reason I never really got into using it. I was afraid to make tomato-based recipes in it. Also, I was much more used to using my crock pot. But I am going to start using it more often now. I'm going to find out what I have been missing!!

Techie, I'm so happy you finally met your grandbaby!

24 more, please and thank you.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and all enjoying a beautiful day. Busy day with appointments for my corneas. Decision will be made to see if I’m a candidate for another transplant on right eye. We’ll see (pun intended, haha) So, off to stay with baby and Doula until I leave for my 3pm appointment at Stanford. So, with a deep sense of gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Stay strong [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good Friday morning cafe! It's a good day to stay away from the booze! I'm in for another 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X