~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

QW, that bread sounds amazing. It's hard to buy true sour dough bread in a store. It's always a disappointment. Enjoy!!

BigAl, I hope the work change goes through and you can get a change of scenery. ODAAT

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I had a good day yesterday. I finally feel as if I am able to release some of the desire for control, the desire to bend life to my will, the urge to let my inside manifestations direct my behavior. A little bit of weight feels like it has been lifted and i am slowly coming back out of my head. I know that no matter what, the path forward is paved with sobriety. There is no future where alcohol will ever make things better or easier, regardless of what my brain tells me sometimes. As long as I can keep myself in this simple, uncomplicated state of mind I will grow. Slowly, but surely.

Have a wonderful Saturday and a wonderful weekend my friends. Another 24 for me.

PS, yesterday was 30 days for me. I had committed to quit counting days but my brain refused.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and I need a doctor. Only kidding. I was able to get to 27 miles of my attempted 30. Training for an ultra 50 mile competition. I can do it. I will not be a top finisher but zi will cross the finish line. At 25 miles, I felt like I could run a thousand. At mike 26 I started to get some abdominal cramps so I decided to go a bit further. We (my training partner) ran with me here in San Jose. We started at 5:30 am with headlamps. So, I ready for a shower and a nap. So, with sore feet and sore legs, but a strong loving heart, I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I messed up and drank yesterday...feeling truly ashamed today. Where do these urges come from?

Very much in need for another 24 hours.

Comment

Focus on the positive, Jude. :heartbeat: Get back at it.

We will be watching the Bengals vs Chiefs game today, rooting for our Ohio team, the Cincinnati Bengals. :sohappy: Go Bengals!

Gratefully accepting 24 hours AF.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:36am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Last edited by abcowboy; January 30, 2022, 07:36 AM.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think it's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good job on coming right back [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]! Any idea why the urges got too strong?

Finished off the laundry room at Adam and Darcie's yesterday then had a really wonderful meal at the Keg! It was nice to enjoy great food and visit with the kids instead of just Bubba and I eating by ourselves.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Big Al, 30 days is amazing. I know you are not counting but congrats. Jude, you came right back. I feel your pain. The urges come out of no where and for me they trick me by acting like its totally normal for me to drink. Then the next day is just awful!!! Today will be a good day for you! Woke up to temps in the low 30’s. What the hell. This is Florida. Thanks for breakfast Cowboy. Family leaves today. Wishing everyone a sober and good day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Congrats on 30 days Big Al! Keep on ODAAT.

Jude, glad you’re back with your Cafe friends. The beast is always looking for an opportunity to get back into our lives.

I hope the temps warm up Rava. Low 30’s is nice for us up north but not for folks in Florida. We spent two weeks one Xmas at Madeira Beach and not only didn’t I get a tan, I went home with a cold!

You out did yourself with brekkie this morning Cowboy! Thanks.

Off for a walk in temps warmer than low 30’s!

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
                      Last edited by Quit wining; January 30, 2022, 08:26 AM.
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Yummy breakfast as usual, ABC!

Jude, glad you're right back here. Funny how our brains work. We know exactly where our drinking takes us but yet we do it anyway. Stupid AL. I hate it so much!

I hope we all have an easy day! Dill, we'll be rooting for your team too. 24 more!

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Jude, I feel your pain but am so glad you are right back in the fold. I would isolate and drive myself insane (or maybe more insane). I am oddly calm, it scares me a little bit with all of this swirling around. But, I am committed to another 24 please and thanks.

I might start up the 67 C10 and take it for a spin today just to keep the juices flowing and things lubricated. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Congratulations on SEvEN YEARS Cowboy. Great breakfast as usual. I’m an hurting from my 27 mile run yesterday. My left hip. It has been problematic the past few months so perhaps an MRI. So, with joy in my heart, I accept another glorious twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks all for having my back. Cowboy, I'm not sure what triggered me to drink the other day. Maybe it's all of this covid crap causing a sense of isolation, and a need to escape from the stress of it. In either case, my head is in a much better place this morning.

Glad that you are doing better Big Al!

With deep gratitude, looking forward to another 24 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X