No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:01am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Last edited by abcowboy; January 31, 2022, 07:01 AM.
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

That first month always seems the hardest [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] but you got through it, especially with everything going on in your life right now, congratulations! I hope the C10 ride was enjoyable! I do that occasionally, just a ride in the country with the tunes up and the window down getting my head back on straight reminding myself to look forward because that's where I'm headed...

We have a weather advisory today for snow and reduced visibility due to blowing snow, then the temps are supposed to get really cold again. Think I'll put off going to the chicken barn as it's almost a 2 hour drive to get there. The chicks aren't supposed to arrive until Feb 10th so I have some buffer time.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Congrats on 7 years, Cowboy!!! That's so wonderful!! Also, I love hearing about your plans for the new growing season. Knowing that you are preparing for the new season of chicks is heartening!

It was so "warm"" out yesterday that I ventured out with my granddaughter for a walk. We only got as far as the pond. She was fascinated with the fact that it was frozen over and she just had to walk out on it. She crept out a little bit at a time and I went with her. Once we became confident that it was solid, we had a right good time playing on the ice!! It was snow covered and we had no skates, but we had loads of fun without them.

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Huge CONGRATS Cowboy for your 7 year sober anniversary! And a special thanks for all you do for MWO.

Techie, hope your hip pain is short lived and the MRI reveals nothing serious. My hips get sore after driving 27 miles!

Winter returns here today so off for an early walk before the snow starts.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; January 31, 2022, 08:18 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Congrats on 7 years Cowboy. That’s amazing!!! Techie hope your pain is getting better. I can’t imagine all the exercise you do. It might kill me. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Sounds like fun on the pond Dill. Jude, glad your head is in a better place. Big Al, you are doing great!!! Hi to Ginger, Pauly, QW! Another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

Congratulations Cowboy! waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Monday!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. 7 years cowboy, it is inspirational to me. In a meeting the other day they celebrated the monthly birthdays. A guy had flown back here (from New York) to this group to celebrate his 22nd year. I guess someone had drug him through the door 22 years ago and seeded his need for sobriety and given him some tools to begin. He talked in between bawling. The coolest part is that his son also flew in from Oregon to celebrate his 6 years sober (same quit date as his Dad). Very emotional, very inspirational, very motivating to continue to do everything I possibly can to leave my stupid addiction behind me forever.

But, instead of thinking about sobriety years in the future, I will concentrate on 24 hours more please and thanks. I hope everyone has a wonderful start to the week. Congrats to the Ohioans who beat my local team last night!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and out Jude back on track. Feeling so much better this morning. I took an odd step through a pothole while running which may have caused the hip pain. Massage today and lots of business stuff to attend to. Seeing baby too. So, with lots of love and gratitude, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Yikes! Forgot to check in this AM. 24 more!

Comment

Congrats on 7 years [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]! And asking for another 24...

Comment

Congrats cowboy on 7 years. You are an inspiration to all of us!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:03am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Off to volunteer job this morning. Just ordered a scrubber for my husbands portable drill so I can clean hard water stains off shower doors. This should be interesting. Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Thank you my friends! Y'all have no idea how much you've contributed to my AF time, but you have! I too had many, many Day 1's, many short periods of being AF, then on January 13, 2015 it all came together and it clicked. I just knew that with a little help from a professional, and a lot of help from those who know what it's like to be an alcoholic, that I'd finally be able to walk away from the booze, and I did. I had no faith in prayer, counselling, or online support forums, but that soon changed when I understood and accepted that I couldn't stop drinking without help, so thank you once again from my heart for all the help! :heart:

That's an inspiring story [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I sure hope I'm still around to celebrate 22 years of sobriety but like all of us, I'll happily take another 24 hours!

Comment

Rava, I do hope you will come back and tell us how the power drill attachment vs hard water scale build-up goes. I constantly battle hard water here!

24 more for all of us here, pls and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X