Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Winter has returned for a couple of days with nasty windchills but overall it’s been a fairly mild winter. And nice to know that for at least 1 day, we were warmer than Florida!!

I’m having a minor surgical procedure this afternoon. My son is taking time off work to take me to the hospital as I won’t be able to drive for a day or two.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. A busy day with work today. There seems to be some room for rebuilding within my marriage. We are going to take some time apart, but in contact, and see if we can shake some of the negative aspects of our relationship. We were married young and have been together for a long time. During the course of those years we have both changed in so many ways. Codependencies cropped up on both sides and maybe this is an opportunity to shake off some of the bad and replace it with some new good.

I am committed to another 24 please. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Comment

ABC, Congrats on 7 years! You are an inspiration. Thank you for being here and imparting your wisdom!

QW, good luck with your procedure. Hope it goes well and you have a quick recovery.

BigAl, that's good news about your marriage. Hoping things get better for you and Mrs B.

Rava, I use "Clean Shower" after each shower and it really helps with hard water build up. Just spray it on and walk away. Works great to keep the build up from happening once you get it off.

Off to play top golf and have lunch. Feeling blessed and thankful. 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hard water workers. Massage worked miracles and gad a flawless painless run this morning. Time can heal, [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] as long as the two of you are willing to do the work. I pray things go well for you and your wife. So, with prayers sent, meditation done, run finished, it is with deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning cafe!

I hope that your procedure went well yesterday QW, and that you are feeling OK today.

BigAl, I hope that you can work things out between you and your wife. It would definitely give you extra motivation to stay sober.

I'm in for another 24 and thank you!

Comment

QW, hope all went well yesterday. So great that you have your son nearby and able to lend a hand.

BigAl, I agree with Techie's words. Time can heal as long as you both put in the effort. Will you be trying professional marriage counselling? No need to reply if that question is too personal. And there is power in prayer.

We're in for a big storm for the next 2-3 days. Mr. D and I are heading to the grocery to get some supplies. The roads will be icy with snow on top. It will be best to stay off them.

24 more please and thank you.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:00am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hope things went well yesterday [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] and you're back to normal soon!

That's great news about your marriage situation [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], hopefully you can find some common ground to start rebuilding your relationship together!

Stay safe on the roads [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and stay home if things get unsafe!

We're back into a few days of bitter cold, then warming up above freezing during the day by the weekend. This winter has been a bit crazy with all the snow, freezing rain, and temperature swings!
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning. Hoping you are recovering well QW. Big Al, hoping you are able to working things out with your wife. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], yes we will both go to couples therapy and we are both separately seeing individual therapists. Things are just so different, so full of change. It is hard for me to align myself with the acceptance of where I am, where we are, what my world has become. But, there is no other choice and I have very little control at this point except for my sobriety. So I am throwing every ounce of energy into remaining sober.

With that, I will humbly ask for another 24 hours please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Thanks for the good wishes about my hospital visit, much appreciated.

My hospital procedure went well yesterday and I’m looking forward to a couple of quiet days to recover, as recommended by the doctors. Now I have to try to be patient for the next 2-3 weeks until I find out the results.
                        Despite having been overworked and under appreciated by many since Covid began, I can’t say enough good about the folks who treated me.

Dill, safe driving today. Those conditions can be tricky. Watch out for those who don’t drive to road conditions!

Speaking of driving, it’s too cold to walk this morning so I offered to drive my other son to work. He didn’t say no!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Rest up QW,waves to the gang and wishes for a great AF day for us all!
                          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Lazy day today. Looking forward to it! 24 more, please!

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], we are expected to get the storm here as well with a foot of more of snow expected. So glad that I don't have to drive anywhere for the next couple of days!

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

Good morning and be safe to those expecting bad weather. Heading out for early morning oil change and breakfast. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X