No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:19am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I had a pretty tough night last night and this morning hasn't been much better. Hank had either a heart attack or stroke late yesterday afternoon, the vet figured more likely a stroke from the way he acted, and he passed away in the car on the way to the vet clinic. I'm so glad I was home with him and he didn't go through it alone. I didn't realize how hard it would be to say a final goodbye to my best friend for the past 13 years...
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

BigAl, I'm glad you and Mrs. BA will be going to counselling and I hope it bears fruit. It will be a difficult process I am sure and hopefully rewarding. I admire you and Mrs. BA's courage and commitment.

I had to stay home from volunteering this morning because the roads were too risky. I help in the outpatient registration though and I sincerely doubt they will be very busy this morning. People are being cautioned to stay off the highways until conditions improve. When I volunteered in the coffee shop I sometimes went in even in bad weather because I knew the staff depended on that morning cup of coffee. But OP registration will be able to carry on without me, I'm sure.

Glad you are recuperating well, QW. Mr. D's recent hospital stay coincided with the most recent surge in covid admissions. The staff was overworked but competent and professional. We expressed our profuse gratitude. Things are calming down in our area right now with the covid.

24 more, please and thank you,
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=7678]abc[/MENTION]ownoy. I am so very sorry to hear about Hank. I will miss him too. I hope you and Bubba can find peace and solace in memories of him. :hug: Tessa will be getting some extra petting today. We have them for such a short time.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], I'm so sorry you are experiencing this loss. I know there is nothing I can say other than that you are in my thoughts.

It is just a work day for me today. Trying to turn resentments into positive energy in the midst of turmoil.

24 more for me please.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Aw Cowboy, sorry to learn of Hank’s passing. The way pets wrap their paws around our hearts makes saying goodbye so hard. He had a great life with you & Bubba. I hope your memories of good times with Hank will help ease the pain. And if Hank could talk, he’d say thank you.

Yesterday was another quiet day. I have a family history of cancer - parents and siblings - so I’m trying not to worry while awaiting biopsy results. I have the ability to get the results online ahead of speaking with the doctor but think I’ll wait to hear from him. Time was, I’d have dealt with this stress by drinking. Not any more.

We’re climbing out of the deep freeze today, looking forward to getting out for a walk.

Stay safe Cafe friends and have a great af Thursday!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]......:hug:........I'm so sorry very to hear about Hank and my heart goes out to you.
                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Sorry about Hank Cowboy he was a great companion,even for us meeting him on here,love you friend.
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, I'm so sorry for your loss. May your memories of Hank help heal your heart. 😢

24 more.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Vale Hank. Hugs and prayers to you, Cowboy. It is with deep gratitude that I accept another 24. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Cowboy, I'm so sorry about Hank. I wish that our furry friends could stay with us forever, but sadly, we have to say goodbye too soon. :hug:

QW, sending positive thoughts your way that the biopsy comes back negative. How long do you have to wait for the results?

Lots of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard!

With gratitude, looking for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7008]JackieClaire[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts, and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. This morning was a lot better, I even got through making coffee without tearing up lol. Hank will be coming home in a few days and we have a spot ready for his urn on the fireplace mantle, and I know he'll always be with Bubba and I in our hearts and memories...

Hopefully you'll have positive results on your biopsy [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Online health records are great, but like you, I think I'd wait to hear back from the Doc on something like this...

Lot's of snow falling here as well [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but I don't think we'll get as much what you guys are getting!

Think I might stay home today and finish putting away all of Hank's things. Bubba and I decided that we'll rearrange some of the furniture to fill the spaces that used be to filled with Hank's stuff. We have a memorial service to attend tomorrow for a friend/neighbor horse rancher. He passed away last week at 87 years of age. His service is going to be held in their riding arena, so it should be an interesting service with horse teams and mounted cowboys involved.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Cowboy, so sorry to hear about Hank. Im glad you are doing a bit better today. It sure is sad to lose our best buddies. Thinking of you and Bubba today. QW hope your biopsy results turn out well. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. QW, I hope all is well, you are in my thoughts today. Things are moving slowly for me. My wife and I attended our first couples therapy session last night and I think it went well. At least we both agreed that we could proceed with this particular therapist so that's a start. It's funny how us humans work (or at least me anyway). Four weeks ago I would have been ecstatic that there was an even an opportunity to rebuild and reconcile. I still am, don't get me wrong, but now it just can't go fast enough, and haste is my enemy at this point. Its just so counter to my nature and the way my brain is wired. I have a hard time accepting reality sometimes (most of the time) and want to exert my will over it and control it too much.

Anyway, all anxiety and angst aside, I am as committed as I have ever been to continue my sobriety and tag "long term" onto the front end of my recovery. With that I will ask for the ability and opportunity to resist the drink for another 24 please.

Comment

Working...
                                X