~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

24 more for me please. Thanks Dill -- it's a 2-part root canal (who knew)! Dentist sent me to an endodontis who, thankfully saw me today too. We'll finish part 2 in 10 days. It all went well and very quick. A little ibuprofen will work wonders too. It pretty funny to see me drink a glass of water right now -- numb on one side causes dribble! I need a bib! Cowboy -- I'll have to order soft eggs and grits for breakfast tomorrow.
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Hang tough, [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION]! I've had the Bitburger, and it's quite refreshing! Enjoy your time and check back in when you can.
      24 for me please. I rather like this streak of sobriety.
      "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
      “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

5:02 and 91degrees already in Vegas just back from dropping my daughter off at the airport so another 24 for this zombie
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“Because you are alive, everything is possible.”

6:30am in Alberta, another 24 hours please and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
          [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=20527]Marylou123[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] abcowboy

Have a great vacation Mr V! As narilly said, B.C. is a beautiful province, wild horses couldn't drag our 2 girls back from Vancouver!

Narilly, great to see you again, you and Pauly must keep the same hours lol

Pauly, this was an early morning for you! At least there probably wasn't much traffic, but you do live in a city that never sleeps lol.

I hear ya on the a/c Ory, think that's why lots of people suffer from summer colds!

What's say we all join idef, and keep the streak alive!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Here ya go Marylou, breakfast is served!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think you're right about the a/c Cowboy and Orimus,I don't understand why businesses and my hubs have to keep the house,store,restaurants, etc at meat locker temps! When I go grocery shopping or out to eat I look like a weirdo wearing a sweater when it's 110 outside

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

When I did my apprenticeship for a/c Pauly, they told us that the human body can only take a 10 degree sudden change in temperature without being affected by it. Whenever I install an a/c unit I remind the customer of that, never set your a/c any lower than 10 degrees from the outside temp if you're going in and out...

Comment

Greetings friends and neighbors! It's 9:40 in the morning and it's time for 24 more!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

8am here in AB, 24 more please!

Cowboy, what kind of bread is that egg on? The breakfast looks DELISH!

Have a good one.
                    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

3.52am in morn. 24 please

Comment

Another hot one here at almost quittin' time in Jersey thought it seems the rains got all the mugginess out of the air. Still reverberations from the database meltdown but not so bad. I will certainly take another 24 please!
                        “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                        Newbies Nest Roll Call
                        Toolbox
                        Cattleman Cafe

Comment

I had eye surgery today and during discharge the nurse said "no alcohol for the rest of the day, but if you want a glass of wine this evening to take off the edge that would be okay". Of course, later in the day as boredom set in I started to tell myself that I deserved it and what harm could a glass of wine possibly cause? Nevermind that it would undoubtedly turn into the entire bottle, and then a trip to the liquor store to get more. I won this one! No booze today. Just today. I don't have to worry about tomorrow. But I can ask for another 24 to set the stage and the mind-set, and that's what I'm doing.
                          "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                          “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

I'm not sure if it's toast [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] or some sort of potatoe patty with whole grains in it? Anyway, here is the link to it, maybe you can find out...

Martha Stewarts Soft Boiled Eggs 11 Recipe - Food.com

Comment

Late to the table today but I had a fabulous egg breakfast. No tooth problem. [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] - hope the peepers are okay and WAY TO GO - it's a great win.
                              24 more please.
                              Last edited by Marylou123; June 21, 2017, 03:08 PM.
                              Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

4:44 am another 24 for me and my friends here

Comment

Working...
                                X