~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

BigAl drinking way too expensive coffe is better than drinking way too expensive booze! Think of all the money that you have saved (and your liver) by ditching the alcohol. You're doing great!

Stay close to your friends here at the cafe [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]!

Aren't there any other salons near you where you can find work [MENTION=6149]Paul[/MENTION]lywogg? Nothing worse than going to a job that you hate. I've worked in many a toxic environment, and I sure don't miss that.

I'm in for another 24 hours.

Comment

5:26am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

It's time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yesterday I silently suffered all day with a headache. I still had it last night when I went to bed. Self inflicted which made me feel horrible. I bought a fancy sparkly insulated cup with a lid and drank water from it all day. I plan to do the same today. I am reminded in full blown color that alcohol absolutely is poison for me. Woke up to pouring down rain but no headache! Thanks for listening. Pauly, I hope you get things sorted with your job. Life is too short to be full of drama and misery. Hope everyone enjoys their breakfast. Thanks Cowboy! Asking for 24 hours of sobriety and clarity. Thanks
          Last edited by Rava; February 13, 2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Good job on coming right back [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! We all know how tough this is, you just have to believe in yourself and know you can beat it. Lean on us whenever you have to, we're here for each other!

That's too funny [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], I was thinking about you yesterday as Bubba was giving me my LBR wondering if you were still at that salon. And don't get me wrong, swearing isn't that big of a deal, I still swear occasionally but it's usually at myself lol. I just don't understand how the "f" word and those like it came to be acceptable words to be used 2 or 3 times in every sentence, especially in some of the movies. It doesn't bother me to hear a bit of swearing, but continued use does grate on me.

Looks like we got old man winter back, the temps are supposed to be decent, not too much below freezing, but snow is forecast on and off all week. Guess I'll have a few dates with the snow shovel this week!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Thanks for brekkie Cowboy! I was going to ask that you keep the snow up north but we’re desperate for moisture. Last night there was a grass fire at a city landmark and about 2 hectares, just under 5 acres, was scorched.

Glad you’re enjoying the new you Big Al. Funny how we notice over priced coffee but never complained about the price of booze when we were drinking. My only regret in quitting is that I didn’t put into a savings account the money I was drinking. It would have paid for a couple of nice trips.

Toxic work environments are so nasty. I definitely do not miss the back stabbing, who do I have to screw today to make me look better attitude so common in many workplaces. As I’ve said here before, there’s a reason Scott Adams writes Dilbert.

Just heading out for a walk. Have a great af Sunday everyone.

Go Bengals!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Sunday all Jude there's soooo many salons in Vegas the only problem is me,I want to work specific hours and days so that makes it harder to find a good fit,my daughter text me last night that the new owner fired yet another girl, sheesh. Too much drama over nothing absolutely, Cowboy I get waht you're saying about too much cussing in shows/movies cuz sometimes iys just a barrage of swear words that don't even fit,hope everyone has a great day and finds at least one thing to make them smile today
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Rava, I feel your pain. We know where drinking leads but we try again and again for a different result. I guess the point I want to make is we keep trying. Enjoy that new sparkly cup and the water!

I hope we all have a clear minded day. Go Bengals! 24 more, please.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and Cowboy breakfast lovers. Hugs to you Rava. Busy day ahead. With deep gratitude I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for yet another awesome breakfast, Cowboy. We sure do eat good in the cafe!

I don't like the F word used so much everywhere either, just to weigh in. Our societal standards have slipped so much during the last 60 years. I think it started sometime during the 60's. I used to get so upset when my kids were little when I began to notice how much bad language was used out in the public square. We can't really control that sort of thing, but we drew the line at our doorstep, that's for sure!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], for whatever reason, many of us go through a long period af, then one day out brains tell us that it's ok to have a drink, and the cravings are strong. I think that we hope that this time it will be different, and that we can drink like "normal" people. Inevitably, we always end up in a dark place because alcohol lies to us. Stay strong...easier said than done, I know, but we just have to keep trying.

Gratefully accepting another 24 hours and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and thanks for the support. I feel like I’m back on track but sometimes that doesn’t last. I have never had a 2 day headache after drinking. That’s just proof that the older we get the hard it is to recover from drinking like we used to. I’m not beating myself up because my sober days are more than my drunk days. I am feeling good today and plan to NOT drink. Hope everyone has a great day and Happy Valentines Day to those that celebrate. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:37am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 2 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

To all the ladies here in the Café!

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day, Friends! I plan on enjoying it with a clear head and grateful heart.

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X