~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Thanks for the special Valentine, Cowboy!!
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Happy Valentine’s Day wishes to my Cafe friends!

I see the ground is white this morning so I’ll be extra careful walking. The walking poles I bought recently will hopefully be a help. I’m amazed at how much of a workout I get from using the poles. The company that made them is a small, family run business and so far have shown they have a great product and excellent customer service.

Along with not watching news coverage, I’m also avoiding what is happening with the olympics. Because of political interference, cheating, doping, and other nasty things, I just don’t need to know who is doing what to whom. I do respect those athletes who train so hard and obey the rules, it’s not fair for them to have to compete against cheaters. Anyone else feel the same way?

Have a great af Monday everyone. Condolences to the Bengals fans, the team played a great game.

QW
      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I was out the door early yesterday and didn't stop until I fell into bed last night. I guess it's good to be busy but I forgot to check in! If I don't have my dedicated time in the morning (my morning routine) I am apt to forget. But, it was a good day yesterday, and it will be a good day again today.

Happy Valentines Day all, and I wish myself and everyone else another 24.

Comment

Happy AF Valentines day!
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Off to 18 holes of fun. So, with love in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best Valentine’s Day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Happy Valentine's Day! I'll happily take 24 more!

Comment

QW, I have not watched the Olympics this year either, for many of the same reasons. I used to love watching them during simpler times, but now the politics and bs have turned them into something else entirely.

Another 24 hours please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. As I fire up my work computer this morning I see a flurry of emails from my seemingly insane client. It will be one of those Tuesdays....

But, I'm sober, not hungover, and when in the past I would have drank this day away I will now approach it with balance and optimism.

So, happy Tuesday to everyone and I will humbly ask for another 24 please.

Comment

5:22am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. I agree about the olympics. I don’t think I have ever watched them. Off to volunteer job today. Still back on track. Feeling optimistic and hopeful. Asking for another 24 please and thank you.

Comment

I see we have a fresh blanket of snow as well. Enjoy shoveling your sunshine [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] as I shovel the white stuff lol. There's going to be lots of shoveling the white stuff for me this week if the forecast is right.

I'd probably watch more of the Olympic curling if it wasn't for the time difference, I think I've watched maybe a 1/2 hour grand total lol.
                        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Today is my Parkinson’s care partner support group meeting via Zoom. I’ve missed the last two meetings so will be nice to catch up.

Mrs QW and I are planning a 3 day, mid-week escape to the mountains. The place where we stay has full kitchen suites so we can bring our own food. With Covid numbers improving, we feel the risk is minimal and by not eating in restaurants, we’ll feel safer.
                          This will be our first trip anywhere in over 2 years. Where we’re going is a popular destination for skiers and those on spring break so the challenge is to find a time when the town isn’t too busy.

Bisquick helped make two sandwich style loaves of sourdough Sunday and they turned out well. My son the chef sampled the bread and only had one minor suggestion to improve.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone. Don’t overdo the sunshine shovelling Ginger!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

A getaway sound amazing QW,you two definitely need/ deserve it Cowboy ugh snow,used to love it but I haven't lived where it snows in so long it would absolutely irritate me now! Waves to the gang and wishes for a Tuesday full of wellness and smiles
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW, your getaway sounds lovely and is well deserved!

Rava, you've been on my mind. We are in very similar environments in our communities. Happy hours every day are difficult for abstainers. I find they make me a recluse in order to avoid the drinking. I also have to deal with AL always in the house and hubby's nightly drinks. Those of you that can have an AL free home are so fortunate. Hoping Hubs has an epiphany someday.

Ok.... I'll stop whining and be grateful for 24 more!! Love my Cafe family!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and getaway lovers. Off to mens group meeting. It is the best experience of my life. We’ll, one of them. Hahaha. So, with lots of love I accept another XXIV. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                                X