~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Late check in here. As far as the Olympics go, I never was one to watch them very much, but this year I have studiously avoided them.

Ginger, I feel for you having to negotiate the happy hours and especially having a spouse that drinks nightly. Well done to you!

Rava, I'm glad you are feeling you are firmly back on track.

Unbeknownst to us, our Tessa tangled with a skunk last night just before we opened the door to let her in for the night. Oh my!!! What a stench! The whole house was instantly filled with the odious smell! We had to put her back out immediately, but it was so cold last night that we didn't have the heart to put her outside. We let her stay in the garage and the smell made its way into both our vehicles. I should have thought that at her age she would have known better!! LOL

24 more please for all of us here.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Another busy day and I'm grateful for it. I'm living out in the country right now as I am securing an apartment. I grew up in the country with no lights, no neighbors, no noise (other than the frogs, cicadas, coyotes, etc), and I am still in awe of how many starts you can see without the light pollution of the city. It's a completely different sky. It got me to thinking that there are probably folks out there who have never seen the night sky outside of the city environment and do not even realize that this different picture exists.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful Wednesday. I will humbly ask for another 24 please.

Comment

4:49am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

We were lucky with Hank [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], he never got tangled up with porcupines or skunks, the worst was when he got bit on the nose from a muskrat he was chasing off the farm lol. I wonder how long the smell sticks to them or is she getting a bath today haha.

Enjoy your getaway [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], winter in the mountains is so beautiful!

Even though I complain about the snow and cold [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] I'm not sure I could live anywhere else lol. I do enjoy experiencing the four seasons, and I don't really mind shoveling snow, it's the extreme cold that gets to me the older I get. That and the short summers haha.

Adam said that very same thing [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] about being in the city now. He took for grated the quiet, peaceful wide open space of country living, being able to sleep with fresh air coming in the open bedroom window... That's what he misses the most about moving from the country to the city.

I do consider it a blessing that there's no alcohol in our house [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. I'm not sure, but I'll bet Bubba hasn't had a drink in over 6 or 6 years even though I've told her that she could have a glass of wine when we go out without it bothering me. I really don't know how big of a temptation it would be if there was alcohol here and I don't intend on finding out!
          Last edited by abcowboy; February 16, 2022, 07:11 AM.
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

BigAl, I love living in the country, and can't imagine living anywhere else. I wouldn't trade watching the sky full of stars on a clear night for anything!
            [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], I hear you about having booze in the house as Mr. J has a couple of beers most nights. Thankfully, my drink of choice is wine, not beer, but still, the trigger is there. Sigh...

Your getaway sounds wonderful QW! You and Mrs. QW certainly deserve a break!

Looking forward to another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe! QW so glad that you and the mrs are getting some time away together! Hope you have a wonderful time. Ginger, yes it is very hard in a community where everything revolves around drinking. Im going to a wine and paint party in a few weeks and will just bring my own Diet Coke in my sparkly cup. They have sunset parties just about every night which we don’t participate in. I am learning that I absolutely can NOT have any wine or booze in this house or I will drink it. We do have beer as Mr. R may drink one a week. I hate beer and its not a trigger for me. Dill, so sorry about your stinky dog problem. That skunk smell is horrible! I hit one with my car once and the smell stayed around for quite a while. Big Al, being out among the stars and quiet will hopefully add to your recovery. Wishing everyone a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Cowboy, it was way too cold yesterday to give the dog a bath, so she continues to smell although the smell seems to have slightly dissipated. I'm pretty sure that the smell in the house is still strong, but we have gotten used to it. Because it was so bitter cold yesterday, we could not air out the house. We put Tessa in the garage again for the overnight, so the garage is really bad too. I'm afraid to go anywhere because I'm thinking the odor has attached itself to me!!! Not joking. Luckily today will be unseasonably warm (60F) so we will give her a bath today for sure. We'll bathe her in our heated barn room and keep her there until she is mostly dried and then let her out again. She hates to be kept inside. I'm glad Hank never had a skunk or porcupine encounter!! Lucky dog! We don't have porcupines around here, so skunks are really the biggest irritation.

Jude, hats off to you being able to ignore the trigger of those beers!

Looking forward to another sober day!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Cross post, [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! Good plan taking a diet coke to the wine/paint party. I understand the allure of wine/paint parties but I wish they had nonalcoholic paint parties. That's the only kind I could risk going to.
                  Last edited by dill; February 16, 2022, 07:55 AM.
                  Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you,

Dogs and skunks. Never had that to deal with but we had a black lab X that loved to roll in poop. Elk, horse, bear, didn’t matter. Can’t say I miss giving those frequent baths. We had that dog for 11 1/2 years, a rescue. She wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed but she did well with what she had.
                    For much of her life with us, we lived in a small hamlet with very little light pollution. Time exposure photography was a great hobby. Many times sitting in the hot tub at night we saw 1,000’s of stars and regularly saw orbiting satellites.
                    After we moved, we found out from some former neighbours that every morning our dog used to make the rounds to beg for food when we put her out first thing in the morning. We wondered what she was doing when she came home one morning with a pancake in her mouth!

A return to winter this morning so my walk will either be delayed until it warms up a bit or I’ll go for a ride on the recumbent bike.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

ABC, I feel for Adam. I lived in the city for 12 years and longed for the country and elbow room. Glad to be back where neighbors aren't 50 ft away!

Skunk smell! Our old pup got into a skunk one year the day before we were to head south. We bathed and bathed her before we hit the road but it lingered and every time she got the least bit wet it reactivated. Ugh! I bet that smell lingered on her fur for months! I feel your pain, Dill.

Raining here this morning and it's much needed. If you've never smelled mesquite during and after a rain, it's wonderful.

Thanks for the support you all provide here! You are the best. All take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and rural living lovers. I have been on a vegan/plant based for the past three day. I have decided to take the cancer head on. I was in tears when I heard someone talking about a bone-in ribeye. I’m a BIG fan. So, with no sugar in my system but gratitude in my heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I am learning that I absolutely can NOT have any wine or booze in this house or I will drink it
                            I actually still have alcohol in my place. Mostly just cause I haven't gotten around to getting rid of it all (some good beers and scotch I'd like to give away to friends). But I also kinda figure, maybe it's a good thing to keep me on my toes; afterall there's a liquor store a block from my place, if I can't stifle the temptation it probably won't make much difference.

And I'll gladly take another 24 hours without the booze in my own place or anywhere.
                            Last edited by Mulburry; February 16, 2022, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Dill, hope that you get your pup aired out soon! Uggh...nothing worse than skunk smell!

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:24am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X