No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sure hope you come back for some breakfast Jude, I made lots!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Looks like I'll be getting some exercise with the snow shovel throughout the day, we're under a "heavy snowfall" warning with high winds forecast!

Still no news from Ford on the last part required to fix my truck, they have no idea when they'll get it. Now I know what my customers feel like when I tell them the same thing lol.
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Looks like I’m first for breakfast. Thanks Cowboy. Sorry about you forecast today. Ginger, when do you head back? Wishing everyone a great and sober Sunday. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

It was so nice to have our son the chef come for a visit last evening, and the excellent job he did grilling steaks for supper was a bonus. We have some snow in the forecast today but nothing like what you’re dealing with Cowboy. Don’t overdo it shovelling!

Glad you had time to make brekkie Cowboy, great start to the day.

Does it seem to anyone else that many businesses are hiding behind supply chain issues, the pandemic, staff shortages, as an excuse for poor service and high costs? Funny how, for example, gas prices at the pump here didn’t drop after the price of a barrel of oil fell by around $25 yet when oil prices were rising, retail prices immediately jumped. Must be my imagination.
          Cowboy, I hope Ford gets the part needed to fix your truck soon. I had a similar experience with Ford several years ago replacing a transmission in a Mercury Mystique. It took them 3 weeks but the dealer kindly provided a loaner vehicle free of charge.

Off for a walk before the snow arrives.

Have a great af Sunday everyone.

QW
          Last edited by Quit wining; March 20, 2022, 07:31 AM.
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Thanks for the breakfast extraordinaire, Cowboy! Wish I could send you some of our sunshine and mild temps...

It's be a good day to be sober, no matter what the weather!
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Agreed, Dill! It's a great day to be sober. In the 80s here so no snow to shovel. We leave Thursday, Rava. We should be home by Sunday, if things go as planned. We will be towing our other 5th wheel home so our wallets will be much lighter after 1,300 miles! Lol

24 please!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Exhausted. I ran a 20k this morning with two friends. Thank you for the calories, Cowboy. With deep appreciation for health and fitness, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Excellent breakfast cowboy! I met my good friend up in the city this morning. He lives several hours away but had a seizure related to his recently diagnosed brain tumor and they life-flighted him to the cancer hospital in the city. This puts him within an hour drive for me. He is probably my best non-relative friend and he knows he is going to die. I am amazed and inspired by his positivity. He is lining up his friends and tasking them with teaching his kids skills when he is gone. It was good to see him and heartbreaking at the same time. It makes me appreciate a great many things that I have taken for granted.

I am grateful to ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Well I don't think I need to ask for another 24 for the next few days because there's no way I'll be drinking with this damn coronavirus in my body. Today had some ups and downs (didn't feel too bad in the morning but pretty crappy in the afternoon), not looking forward to this next week, and a little worried about lingering effects and interactions with my current health conditions. That being said, I am thankful that I didn't catch it a year ago when I was still drinking, unvaccinated and the strains were more dangerous.

Looks like I'll be getting some exercise with the snow shovel throughout the day, we're under a "heavy snowfall" warning with high winds forecast!
                    Here we're in a long rainy and cool stretch, and does kind of feel like being right back in (vancouver) winter. It's about time for proper spring weather to roll around.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; March 20, 2022, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Mulburry, wishing you a speedy recovery from the covid! Prayers, positivity and strength sent your way this morning.

My granddaughter wanted to try baking a batch of vanilla cupcakes from scratch yesterday so my son dropped her off with all the necessary ingredients and we had a grand time baking together. It was a recipe she saw on a youtube video. It turned out to be a good one!

24 more please and thank you.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], geez that sucks about the covid diagnosis, but as you said, it would be way worse if you were drinking. Hope that you have a speedy recovery.

QW, I too, wonder about the supply chain issues that have affected so many of us. The price of gas is getting ridiculous, and I'm so glad that I don't have to drive to work everyday.

Ginger, I cringe to think of your gas bill on your trip home, but you must be looking forward to it, after being away for so long. How is your pup doing?

I'm in for another booze free 24 hours!

Comment

Good Monday Morning. Mulberry, hope you start feeling better very soon. Ginger, hopefully you can share your gas total for the ride home. I would be interested in that! Probably still cheaper than flying. I already booked airfare to travel north this summer and the price was 200 more than last year and is actually 200 more today than a week ago when I booked. It’s completely nuts whats happening all around us. I try to stay in my little bubble but sometimes it’s really hard. Wishing everyone a good and sober day. I’m heading to the gym soon. Yippee. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:25am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thankfully we only got about 3" of snow yesterday but it was the wet, sticky kind. Now I know why they said "heavy" snowfall lol.

I do have a free loaner truck till my truck gets fixed [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], but of course I treat it like a rental and don't want to fill it full of tools and material like I do my own, but at least I can get some work done while I'm waiting for my truck.

Hopefully you'll get over Covid soon [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] and the symptoms don't get too bad...

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Mulberry, hope you recover quickly. As you pointed out, it has to be better dealing with this free from alcohol.

Rava, I booked and paid for our Mexico trip in November in anticipation of price increases due to rising fuel costs. I’m not sure if they can apply a fuel surcharge after a trip has been paid for but I’m hoping not. If they do, I’m going to ask for interest on our money!

I spoke too soon about walking before the snow arrived yesterday. I looked out the window 15 minutes before I left and there was no snow. When I left the building there was a blizzard - high winds blowing snow straight across. It was a nasty walk! And, 15 minutes after I got home, it was over. It warmed up through the day and there were no traces of the storm left. I’ve been feeling like a slug so I’ve been walking my route twice daily although my distance pales in comparison to Techie’s run totals.

With only a 1% chance of precipitation forecasted for today, I’m anticipating a much more enjoyable meander this morning.

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X