~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

BigAl, I'm glad you are able to spend time with your friend. So sad about his diagnosis and that he'll be leaving little ones too soon.

Rava, I'll let you guys know what it costs to get home. We are guessing around $600 towing. It's 1,300 miles so it's going to hurt but we can't complain!

Ginger is a little better but things will not return to normal for her. Her values show liver failure. As long as she's comfortable, that's all that matters. When that changes, the hard decision has to be made.

I'll gladly take 24 more.

Comment

Hello Cafe friends. I haven't read back yet but will try to catch up with everyone.
      Just wanted to say hello. :heartbeat:
      I am looking forward to another 24 hours without alcohol. Thanks for everyone being here.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hi Nora! It's good to see you visiting the cafe!
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I agree with you about how the world around us seems to be in so much turmoil. Most days, I can't even watch the news, too depressing. I'm trying to focus on all of the good things in my life, but some days are harder than others.

Ginger, I hope that you can keep your pup as comfortable as possible for as long as you can. It's always so hard to day goodbye.

I can't control this crazy world, but I can say no to the booze for another 24 hours.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and Hi to Nora C. Mulberry, I hope you are starting to feel better! Ginger, safe travels back. 1300 miles is a long drive. Do you split it up in several days? Our neighbors do their 18 hour drive straight all in one sitting. We have decided to fly back and forth as the drive is a killer for us. Wishing everyone a sober and safe day. Headed to the thrift store today to work a shift and play with treasures! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Great to see you again [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION], you should stop in more often!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Ginger I feel for you knowing that your pup is fading away. Our old girl is looking noticeably older this spring. So far she seems to be doing ok but when I look at her and all the gray around her eyes and muzzle I can't help but think. I wish dogs had longer life spans!

We had such a beautiful, golden day yesterday. The sunlight was just beautiful. The folks that rent out pastures have three heifers in one of the pastures and they told us they were show cows and very tame. They invited our granddaughter to walk out with them and let her pet the cows. She was tickled pink and came back to tell me about it. She was amazed that one of them licked her hand!

Daffodils are in full bloom. It will be a good day to be sober and take time to 'smell the daffodils'!

24 for all of us please and thank you.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Nora, great to see you in the Cafe! You’re always welcome to join us. Cowboy makes breakfast every Sunday morning!

Dogs are the best and domesticating them was one of the best & smartest things mankind has ever done. We’ve had 3 dogs and each in their own way enriched our lives, in exchange, we gave them a great life.
                  I used to have a licence plate on my truck that read “The more people I meet, the more I like my dog”.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone!

QW
                  AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                  F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and visitors. Wonderful to see sweet, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. Golf outing yesterday. Busy with clients and medical appointments today. So, with a hectic schedule but a calm heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi, [MENTION=9757]NoraC[/MENTION]. Great to see you!

Rava, we take four days to get home when towing the 5th wheel. This fall we won't be towing so we will probably do it in two days. Depends on Ginger, of course. She needs lots of stops.

Lots a work to do before Thursday's departure so best get going! 24 more please.

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends. My work sent me on an "emergency" site visit, so I self at 5:00 this morning and just arrived in Kingsport TN for a site visit tomorrow. 14 hours of straight driving (plus a time change). Ugh, I'm beat. But I'm sober.

I hope everyone had a great Tuesday, and I will humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Jude58 View Post
                          Hi Nora! It's good to see you visiting the cafe!
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I agree with you about how the world around us seems to be in so much turmoil. Most days, I can't even watch the news, too depressing. I'm trying to focus on all of the good things in my life, but some days are harder than others.
                          It can definitely be tough to watch the news these day, what's going on in Ukraine is pretty monstrous, entire cities being flattened, and mass civilian casualties.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION], i basically only watch the weather these days. I have enough crap to deal with in my everyday life and don’t need to add the world news to it. Ginger, wishing you safe travels home. This will be my second summer in steamy hot Florida so hopefully it will be bearable. The heat is intense and so are the thunderstorms. We will be traveling north for a month this summer near our kids and rented a small home. Picked up our completed taxes yesterday and all I can say is Don't sell 2 homes in 1 year. We got hit hard. Thank goodness we have 401k’s to help with the tax situation. Didn’t know that they don’t take taxes out of Social Security. Got that taken care of as well so next year will not be so awful!! Wishing everyone a great and sober day. I’m still having cravings at the 4 pm hour but working thru them each day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I would love to see daffodils in bloom! Not much growing here yet, but it won't be long. I do love Spring mornings listening to all of the birds sing. So different from the silence of winter.

Safe travels ginger, and I hope that you can keep your pup comfortable on the journey.

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

5:18am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                                [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X