Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ah, good old income taxes. In Canada, income taxes were introduced about 100 years ago to pay for WW1. I think we’ve likely covered that cost. Just saying.
    We’re fortunate to have a financial planner and accountant looking after us and what they charge us in fees is worth every penny. I don’t mind paying my fair share of taxes but I don’t want to pay anything over and above that.

Watching news these days can be so depressing. I used to be a news junkie but I’m finding news services are sensationalizing everything they can to attract more viewers/listeners and the truth gets embellished in the process. Rava, I don’t even watch weather news these days, mainly because the forecasts are wrong more often than not.

I’m off for a walk after I look outside to see what the weather is actually like!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Busy day here! Looking forward to getting home and settled a little before our babysitting gig starts! My son and DIL are headed to Costa Rica for 10 days so we will be watching the boys 11 yo, 13yo and the 2yo Bosten Bull Dog and their cat! Nothing like hitting the ground running. I'll take another 24!

Comment

Wow Ginger! You sure are busy for a retired gal! Safe travels!

Rava, I can imagine selling two homes in one year could be quite a tax hit. Yikes! I'll try to avoid ever doing that!

That sounds like a long haul for you on the spur of the moment BigAl! Glad you made it safe, sound and sober.

24 more please and thank you.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and road weary travelers. I’m off to Palo Alto. Mrs Techie had an outpatient surgery that was supposed to be easy. She bled most of the night and is sleeping now. Poor timing as we need to be over in the San Jose area by evening. My biopsy is on Friday and I meet with new Oncologist tomorrow at Stanford. This guy is a Columbia University grad, my Alma Mater. Of course he is close to twenty years younger than me. So, with a nervous stomach but a grateful heart, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good evening Cafe Friends! I woke up this morning, walked through the facility mid morning, and immediately got back in my car and headed west. Staying in Illinois tonight but should be home tomorrow afternoon. What a whirlwind! Everyone is sounding engaged and In a good place. For that I am grateful.

Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Sorry about your wife techie, wishing her a speedy recovery. Also, good luck with the new oncologist and your biopsy. Looks like you have a lot on your plate right now. :hug:

Geez Ginger, sounds like you have a lot to do when you get home! The good part is that, even if you wanted to drink, you wouldn't have time!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I love coming here in the morning with my cup of coffee and reading how y'all are doing! But I'm also wondering where the heck [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] disappeared to? Best get back here my friend, there's cobwebs starting to grow on your chair!

Sorry to hear about the Missus [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], hope she's doing better now. And hope everything goes good for you as well!

Sounds almost like it was a waisted long drive [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], or was it only for a quick sire inspection?

Safe travels today [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], sounds like you'll be busy once you get home! Hope the pooch makes the trip as comfortable as she can as well!

Nothing new here, same old, same old lol. I keep plugging along waiting for spring and seeding season. Lots of geese are back and the bears are coming out of hibernation, but still haven't seen my first gopher haha.
                  Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                  Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                  Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie hope your wife gets better soon. Wishing everyone an alcohol free day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Ginger, safe travels home! Your time in Arizona seemed to go quickly, so nice you’re able to escape PNW winters. As Jude pointed out, you don’t have time to drink but funny how we always made it the priority, eh?

Techie, thinking about you and all you and Mrs T are dealing with right now.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                      AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                      F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Thursday everyone!
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Techie, thinking of you and your wife.

So true! Too busy to drink. Heading out shortly. I'll take 24 mote.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends. Just a check in and will read back later. Lots going on and biopsy tomorrow morning. Love you. 24 more 4 me. Blessings x
                            Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Gosh Techie, I hope Mrs. T mends quickly! Also praying for the best possible biopsy result for you.

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Techie, good luck with your biopsy today. Hoping for a good outcome. Wishing everyone a great Friday. Another 24 for me please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X