~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

8:47 am in Ohio. 24 more, please and thanks!

I was just missing [MENTION=17632]Mr Vervill[/MENTION] and wondering why he has been MIA. Then I remembered that he is travelling! I am sure he is enjoying his travels. The café seems kind of empty lately, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. I wonder if we need to advertise?! LOL!

Here is a picture of our new kitty.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Ya Pauly, might have to have a supper buffet, what do you suggest for the menu? Maybe you'd like to look after it for me!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Cross post dill, sweet, but mischievous looking kitty! It's sure been quiet all over the boards...
        Last edited by abcowboy; June 24, 2017, 08:08 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Dill how cute! What did you name the kitty? Cowboy not sure what the menu should be haha
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

9:11 am here in Jersey and we're expecting rain later. Always reminds me of a line from the movie My Blue Heaven. "Into every life a little rain will fall" I'll take another 24 please. The thought did lead me to a poem by Longfellow:

THE RAINY DAY

The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
            It rains, and the wind is never weary;
            The vine still clings to the mouldering wall,
            But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
            And the day is dark and dreary.

My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
            It rains, and the wind is never weary;
            My thoughts still cling to the mouldering Past,
            But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast,
            And the days are dark and dreary.

Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
            Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
            Thy fate is the common fate of all,
            Into each life some rain must fall,
            Some days must be dark and dreary.
            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
            Newbies Nest Roll Call
            Toolbox
            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Grateful for making it through another day1
              So, another 24 please.

:happy2on't you just love waking up slightly sleepy but with
              no trace of the al-deadening malaise!

Have a great sober Saturday to all!
              Last edited by ssd858; June 24, 2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

[MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION], Kitty's name is Smokey. My daughter in New Orleans (who I go to visit this week!) saw a picture and said the color reminded her of gray smoke.

Our big dog loves her too! I think our big dogs look a little bit alike, [MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION]. Our Tessa is about 110lbs, too!

[MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION], thank you so much for that poem. I absolutely loved it! "Behind the clouds the sun is still shining;" So perfect.

"Don't you just love waking up slightly sleepy but with
                no trace of the al-deadening malaise!"
                Yes, [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I do.
                Last edited by dill; June 24, 2017, 09:36 AM.
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], did you click likes before or after I inserted the photo? I posted before I attached the photo, then had to go back and edit to insert. I wondered if you clicked likes before I did the edit. In which case you would not see that big dog love!
                  Dill

Comment

You're right [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I saw the original post. Tess is a lot like Hank and it looks like Smokey has a friend for life!!

Comment

Another 24 please. In Alberta at 1:13 pm on a beautiful sunny day.
                      Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                      "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Well, maybe just an old fashioned bar-b-que buffet is up to everyone's liking!

Comment

that's an amazing spread, cowboy! [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], what a cutie pie! Have fun with the little ragamuffin!
                          I'm on board for another 24 hours, please! Thanks!
                          "Don't be ashamed of your story. It will inspire others".
                          “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

5:23 am in Vegas another 24 pleaseCowboy,looks good! Dill,Smokey is too cute
                            Last edited by paulywogg; June 25, 2017, 07:24 AM.
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

“Always end the day with a positive thought. No matter how hard things were, tomorrow's a fresh opportunity to make it better.”

7:00am in Alberta, 24 more for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the past 24 hours, these people have signed in for 24 hours of sobriety:
                              [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20895]Orimus[/MENTION] [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION] [MENTION=1354]narilly[/MENTION] [MENTION=22391]idefineme[/MENTION] abcowboy

Sunday morning, sun is shining, Hank is snoring at my feet, no hangover, does it get much better than this? Yup, I'll have 3 eggs over easy, extra bacon, pan fried spuds, white toast, and an extra large black dark roast please!

I enjoy reading inspiration quotes, stories, poems etc Ory, that poem was a good one. A few years back words like that were just words, now like dill, I look for the "gem" in the words, the meaning in them that will help me through my day..

Yo Pauly, I have to tell you that I agree with G-man, you've found an inner strength and peace somewhere along the line that is going to be of great importance to you in this quit. Take some alone time today, look to the skies and thank your brother Jon, I'm sure he is the one that helped you realize that you had this strength all along...

To the rest I didn't mention, you're all in my thoughts and prayers everyday, hope y'all have a peaceful easy Sunday...

Oops, had to edit because I forgot something! [MENTION=22385]ssd858[/MENTION], I read on another thread that you and hubs were building a new deck? Could you post some pics please, I'm always looking for ideas for our new deck if and when Bubba and I ever get started on our new home!
                              Last edited by abcowboy; June 25, 2017, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I'm in for another 24, friends! Let's do this!
                                Dill

Comment

Working...
                                X