No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:29am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good to see you check in [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning cafe! I'm starting to feel more energized now that Spring is just around the corner.

Last night Mr. J and I brought dinner up to our 98 year old neighbor and good friend. She is still independent, lives alone, and is still capable of driving herself when she needs to, as long as it's close to home. She will be 99 in June, and she's truly amazing. Mr. J and I call her Mama Bear, as she is like a mother to both of us. She's such an inspiration to me.

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I read this morning that my former family doctor has been suspended for 6 months after being charged with various offences he did not report to his governing body. They include having an affair with a patient, self prescribing opiates, impaired driving and alcohol abuse while he was practicing in another small town. These charges came to light about 3 years ago. I recall speaking with him about MWO and how it helped me.
          He obviously made some serious errors in judgement but to his credit, got the help he needed to overcome his addictions. I wish him well in his recovery.

Off for a walk. Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Originally posted by abcowboy View Post
            Good to see you check in [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION]!
            Yea sorry to be MIA, I have to be at my new job before 8 am and with the time change I feel like I have barely time left in the morning, anyhoo waves to the gang and wishes for a happy AF Friday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

QW that's crazy about the doctor,kinda sad
              Last edited by paulywogg; March 25, 2022, 07:41 AM.

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends! Busy days, but I'm not complaining at all. My son asked me to take him to the new Batman movie this afternoon. I am so very thankful that our relationship is mending.

Techie, my thoughts and good vibes to you and yours.

Tonight is "birthday night", I pick up my three month chip. It feels good.

So with that, I will humbly and gratefully ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

On the road and forgot to check-in this morning. 24 more!

Comment

Pauly, I didn't know you started a new job. Is it a new hair salon or something completely different? Glad to see you checking in again!

QW, I too wish your family doctor well. I can't help but be sympathetic. One of my girlfriends has a son that found himself in a similar circumstance. It took him years to dig out, but he did it. one day at a time. He is completely reinstated now.

BigAl, one day at a time is helping you reap some solid reward. So great that your son suggested the movie.

The grass is greening up around here and the magnolia trees are starting to bloom, too!

24 more, please and thank you.
                    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Congrats on 3 months BigAl! My how time flys!

Looking forward to another 24 hours!

Comment

“When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.”
                        — Andy Warhol

I was looking for a Voltaire quote the other day about 'truth' and in the process happened upon this Warhol quote. I wanted to share it here because it is so true!

Today will be another good day not to drink, as Cowboy is so fond of saying. For all of us here, that is a simple truth!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

5:35am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                          [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

I agree Dill, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink! lol

Comment

I loved the quote [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], and that's a simple truth as well!

Great job on 3 months [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], congratulations! Being sober has it's own small rewards each and every day!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Huge congrats Big Al on 3 months. Well done! Hope you enjoy time with your son this afternoon, and the movie too.

Great quote Dill. It’s amazing what we can do by taking small steps, one day at a time.

Pauly, looking forward to learning about your new job. Life is far too short to spend working hours in a toxic environment.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Saturday everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X