No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you made it home safe [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]! That's not bad gas mileage considering!

We missed the freezing rain/snow mix they had forecast for last night, but they are still calling for it today. We shall see...
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It seems to me that the saying "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb" has been turned on its head this year! Well, why not...everything else seems to be topsy turvy right now! I was talking to a lady at the grocery yesterday about her worries for her children due to the high inflation, a worry I share of course. I offered positive comments and I truly do believe things will get better. Hope is a slim reed though.

I can't control inflation or the weather, but I can control myself.....24 hours please and thank you!
      Last edited by dill; March 28, 2022, 06:35 AM.
      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and glad you are home safe Ginger! Waking up this morning to see all the news about Will Smith punching Chris Rock at the Oscars. You can’t tell me alcohol wasn’t involved on Will Smiths part. In my mind violence is always the wrong way to settle something. He was totally out of line even if he was defending his wife. He could have handled it very differently. Wishing everyone a good day. Zumba class for me today and I will also try to eat better this week. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Glad you’re safely home Ginger. The mpg was not bad considering the weight you were towing.
          I laughed yesterday while on a walk when I saw two sports cars and a pick up take off when a traffic light turned green. Each driver floored it and I bet wasted about $5 worth of gas. And they got stopped at another red light a block away.

I saw on the news a story about a motor vehicle accident involving a taxi and an impaired driver. The taxi had stopped on the side of the highway so the 2 passengers in back who weren’t feeling well could get out. The drunk plowed into the back of the taxi so hard, had the rear seat passengers been in the car, they would have been killed. The driver and front seat passenger were not seriously injured but did require hospitalization. The drunk driver? Uninjured.

Jude, I hope your weather improves. I saw a photo yesterday of our old house in eastern Ontario just before we moved in April 9 years ago. We’d had freezing rain and everything was thickly coated in ice. The proximity to Lake Ontario I’m sure was partly responsible for that storm plus the nasty weather you’re having now.

Off for a walk. I’m trying knee braces to ease the arthritic pain in my knees. Hope they work!

Have a great af Monday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Congratulations on 3 months BigAl! Ginger glad you made it home safe,waves to the gang and happy AF Monday!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Settling in and asking for another 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Congratulations to [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]. I fully accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I woke up this morning to find a dead mouse lying flat on its back in the living room. It was partially eaten, so I know that it didn't die of natural causes. One of my cats (Franklin) is an avid hunter, and I'm sure that the dead mouse was his latest victim. Kind of gruesome but it keeps the house mice free.

I'm in for another 24 hours and thank you very much!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yikes Jude a dead mouse. Not fun to wake up to. Wishing everyone a peaceful and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:02am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                        Good morning Cafe and glad you are home safe Ginger! Waking up this morning to see all the news about Will Smith punching Chris Rock at the Oscars. You canÂ’t tell me alcohol wasnÂ’t involved on Will Smiths part. In my mind violence is always the wrong way to settle something. He was totally out of line even if he was defending his wife. He could have handled it very differently. Wishing everyone a good day. Zumba class for me today and I will also try to eat better this week. Another 24 for me please and thank you.
                        100% Agree, Rava!

Jude, it sounds like the only thing missing was the silver platter! Your cat was so kind to share that treat with you and Mr. J! What a good kitty! Mr. D does not like cats in the house so we only have a barn cat. He too is a good mouser. But inside the house we have to resort to traps and we generally catch several over the fall and winter months. We use live traps which is kind of creepy when one gets caught in our bedroom in the middle of the night! You can hear the trap rattling as the mouse sits inside it eating peanuts or crackers! It always wakes me up and I have to get out of bed and put the trap (mouse and all) out in the garage for the rest of the night. Release takes place the next day and far from the house!

Still sending prayers and positivity your way, Techie. Thank you for that great quote/image. I'm going to print that out and post it.

24 more for all of us please!
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I read a story yesterday about a program that provides school lunches to over 5,000 kids in 60 schools in Calgary. I was stunned that the need is so great. I would love to volunteer to work with this program but the time requirements are more than I can do so I’m going to sign up to make a monthly donation. I’m betting that in many cases the parents of these hungry kids have money for lottery tickets, tobacco and alcohol.

Bisquick is going crazy so I’m making more sourdough bread this morning.

Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, what a wonderful thing to do for that program and those kids. I get what you mean about spending choices. We left the grocery store yesterday and there was a man with a sign asking for money. I had to chuckle because he stood under a sign for the grocery store that read "Hiring, apply inside" and he was smoking a cigarette. Choices!

I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. Not much going on around here other than the ups and downs of life in general. At least I can approach it all with clarity.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Ginger, I remember one day when I was going in to a grocery store, there was a young woman standing near the entrance. She had a sign that said, "asking for monetary donations to feed my kids." Behind her was a big poster saying that this particular store was hiring. Geesh, she could have at least picked a different spot to stand in!

Another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X