No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:59am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    @Juse58 [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I'm like you [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], not much going on in my life either, but I suppose that's a good thing.

I haven't been able to get into the camper for quite some time due to all the snow this year in front of the door. I usually check the "trap line" 3 or 4 times during the winter. I'd best go back down to the Ford dealer and exchange keys to my truck with them as the camper keys are on that key ring. It'll soon be time to open it up, run out the slide, and check the traps!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Woke up to my neighbors barking dog at 5:45 am. How inconsiderate can you be? Damn condo life sometimes can be a pain. Anyway heading out to exercise class soon. Trying to attend 3 days a week. I feel like it makes me have something healthy to do other than lay around and do nothing. We also took a ride to the beach after dinner last night so that is also good. My cravings in the evening are still quite powerful but getting better as time goes on. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Not much happening here either. One fun thing tho is that my daughter and grandson have acquired and new puppy. My daughter sends me fantastic photos of her. I'm going to share one just for fun!

Looking forward to a nice warm day today as the winds are coming from the south. Going to be gusty at times, but warm.

24 more for all of us please.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, the joys of condo living, eh? We’re somewhat fortunate in that our building is age restricted to 55+ and quiet time seems to happen by 7PM but there are other challenges that make me miss having my own house. For much of the pandemic there were several residents who refused to wear masks as required in common areas. Many are unvaccinated. The condo board has issued 17 pages of rules. Having lived here almost a year, I can see why. And I could add a few more!
            We keep to ourselves and have so far declined to participate in many of the social activities, our choice entirely.

One time I passed a young lady sitting on the sidewalk in front of a sandwich shop, holding a sign that said she was homeless and hungry. I offered to take her into the store and buy her a meal. She told me to F off and just give her money. Needless to say she got neither a meal nor money.

I became a monthly donor to the school lunch program I mentioned yesterday. They do good work.

Have a great af Wednesday everyone!

QW
            AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
            F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Wednesday everyone!
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

We started our gkid duties yesterday. Nothing like hitting the ground running! Parents will be home Sunday. The boys are great, the pup is naughty, but all in all, it's wonderful having them after our time away. I'll gladly take another 24.

Comment

Not much happening in my part of the world either Just waiting for Spring to arrive...

Cute pup dill!

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

4:54am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

That sure is a cute pup [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, love the pic of your grand dog. Very cute. Ginger, good luck with the kid and dog duty. You will sleep well after all the daily activity…. QW we also pretty much keep to ourselves. My neighbor does not leash her dog and my dog is a biter and is always leashed. As soon as i take him out for a walk on a leash her dog will run over and I quickly pick mine up and told her firmly that he will bite her dog. She is completely clueless. I almost feel like a prisoner in my own condo when it comes to walking my dog. It really makes me mad. Maybe I should just let my dog bite hers. But then of course there will be hell to pay….. stupid people. Anyway, I am sober so I am thankful for that. Wishing everyone a great a sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, one of the things that never ceases to amaze me is how people don’t wait for others to exit an elevator before they try to board. There are folks in our building who ride scooters. It seems they can hardly wait for the elevator doors to open before entering, regardless of how many are trying to disembark.
                          There are some small dogs, mostly yappy and aggressive, who live in our building. Our 55 pound Jessie is much better behaved and much quieter than the smaller dogs who are allowed to be here because they weigh under 20 pounds.

We went shopping yesterday and parked in a handicap parking spot. We had our placard displayed and the area is clearly identified as being handicap accessible. We came out of the store to find a compact car parked wedged between our car and another, on the X between the spaces. I had to back our car out of the spot so Mrs QW could get in. As we were doing this, the owner of this car came out. I told her she was illegally parked and she replied she realized that but she was only picking up a few things and wasn’t in the store long. I guess if they issued diasabled parking placards to stupid people, there’d be a lot more handicap spaces needed!

Off for a walk. Light snow in the forecast.

Have a great af Thursday everyone.

QW
                          Last edited by Quit wining; March 31, 2022, 07:36 AM.
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Feeling much better today. I had some complications from the biopsy last Friday but fortunately I’m back feeling like myself. A good run this morning. Golfing this afternoon. Life is good. So, with a blissful feeling, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I woke up this morning feeling just a little bit "off" was instantly grateful that it was not a hangover. I felt better just as soon as I finished my first cup of coffee. Then it was off to the hospital for volunteer duty. It was a busy shift and my help was appreciated which is always a good feeling.

Glad you are feeling better Techie.

Rava and QW, it's been a long time since I have lived in a high density housing situation. I imagine it takes getting used to...

24 more please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

It's crazy here with gkid duties. Just sitting down to look at my phone! I need 24 more!

Comment

Working...
                                X