~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Happy April fools day cafe! Yesterday, it was 65° and the peepers (tree frogs) were singing loudly. I haven't heard them since last Spring, and it's one of my favorite sounds.

I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

Comment

4:57am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
      [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Yep, it appears spring has sprung or at least it's just around the corner. Snow is almost gone in the fields, country roads are drying up nicely, lots of geese around, bears coming out of hibernation, and I saw my first gopher the other day!

Taking today off and going down to the dealership to check on parts for me truck and to get a few more things that I need from it. Sure hope the part that they need will show up soon, but it is what it is. No sense getting mad over it, it's not the dealership's fault...
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe and happy April 1. Glad you are feeling better Techie. QW yep condo life can be difficult at times for sure. Luckily most of our residents are seasonal and will be leaving to head back to their primary homes very soon. Heading to the east coast for the weekend to visit family. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], so glad you are feeling better. It is an interesting thing about dogs, personalities seem to be inversely proportional to size / weight. My Great Dane is ~180 lbs and is capable of bodily harm only through inflicting his love (and his sincere belief that he is just a lap dog). 180 lbs jumping in your lap on the couch is an experience...

I am thankful that it's Friday, and that I am beginning this day with a clear head. My goal today is to not dwell on those things which I cannot change and to continue to be grateful for all that I have taken for granted in the past. 24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Big Al, you’re spot on - no sense fretting over things we can’t change. Our attitude, how we show up, has a profound influence on what happens to us.
              I still enjoy Fridays and especially long weekends even though I’ve been retired a long time.

We were supposed to have the grandkids today but our granddaughter was exposed to Covid at school yesterday so out of an abundance of caution, we’ve postponed our plans to make lemon curd and chocolate chip cookies until they can “help”.

Have a great af Friday everyone!

QW
              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I need 24 more, please and thank you!

Comment

Quick check-in here and hoping for another 24!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Strong cravings yesterday, but I didn't cave. Hopefully, things will be better today.

I'd be grateful for another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning and wishing everyone a great and sober day. Jude, I hear you about the cravings. They come out of nowhere and have made me stumble so many times. Lately i have the mind set that I don’t drink. Period. Every time I go grocery shopping I almost have to say a mantra in my head as I pass by the wine section. Just when I think Im doing well another thought pops in my head and I have had to shut it down. I downloaded an app called insight timer to do some meditation. It’s free so we shall see. I also restarted listening to the Bubble Hour podcast for some additional support. Hi to everyone on here today. Wishing everyone a struggle free day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:33am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Good job [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION]! I think that's the key, find something that works when the cravings hit and stick with it!

We're off today to Sherwood Park so that I can give Adam a hand with some plumbing work. They had new countertops in the kitchen and 1 of the bathrooms installed yesterday, so now I'll install a new kitchen sink and new taps for the sink and bathroom, then the four of us are going out for supper.

Comment

We are going to buy some chicks today in support of our granddaughter who is in 4H and in need of a project. We have had chickens in the past and do love those fresh eggs!

Rava, thanks for the mentions about the meditation app and Bubble hour app. It wouldn't hurt me a bit to have those on hand when I need them!

[MENTION=21602]abcowboy[/MENTION], it sounds like you'll be having a productive and family filled day! Adam sure lucked out when he got to have you for a dad.

24 more for all of us please and off we go to the farm store!
                            Last edited by dill; April 2, 2022, 06:49 AM.
                            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

We have 5 liquor stores within walking distance. I’m glad our grocery stores aren’t able to sell booze in-store as it would be so easy to drop a few bottles in the basket while grocery shopping. Jude, Rava, glad you’re finding a way to deal with the alcoholic voices.

Cowboy, great that you get to spend the day helping Adam with their renos. Have a fun supper tonight.

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                              AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                              F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Happy AF Saturday everyone!
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X