~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe friends and supporters. The biopsy showed cancer that is a bit more aggressive than the last time. It is still contained to the capsule so no mets. Will discuss treatment options with oncology team on Monday. While I do accept what is, I will throw all the tools in my possession at it. BTW, the doctor told me it’s ok to ride my bike. I will get through this because that is who I am. So, will a determined mind and a grateful heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Oh shoot, Techie. Sorry to hear your news. I know you will conquer this just like you always conquer obstacles in your path! Sending healing, wellness thoughts your way.

I'm struggling here too. I don't know if it's just the upheaval of having grandkids since Tuesday and the desire to just chill at night or something else. Parents are home tonight! Whew!

Please, I need 24 more!

Comment

Not so good news techie and I'm sorry, but at least there are no mets. Your positive attitude is inspiring, and I believe that it will go a long way in this latest challenge.
        [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], I've never listened to the bubble hour, but I think that I need to give it a try. The cravings are still with me, and I don't know what the trigger is. Apparently, the battle with the beast is never truly over. Luckily, the nearest liquor store is almost 20 miles away.

Asking for the strength to get through another 24 hours.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION], wishing you only the best and keeping you in my thoughts.

It's interesting to set myself outside of my own box and look at how I think. My perspective on alcohol has changed. Whereas I once looked at my sobriety as the fact that I can't drink, because I lose control, and thus have to deny myself something; I now think of it in terms of "I get to not drink". Small words but a big deal in my head. "I don't get to drink" vs "I get to not drink". I get to not subject myself to the dark spin and negativity that is my addiction, and it is so very nice to not have that tether.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I am going to grill some cheeseburgers for the family for lunch (and I'm sorry to have to speak of such non-vegan food processes), I had my butcher make some mince out of short rib, sirloin, and brisket. Right at about 80/20. They should be spectacular. And even if they aren't I will revel in the time spent with my family.

24 more for me please and thanks.

Comment

5:29am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
            [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
            Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
            Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
            Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I think it's time to get breakfast served!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Sorry it's not the best of news [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] but hopefully they come up with a treatment plan that's not too hard on you yet gets the job done...

How many chicks did you pick up [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]? They are all safely in their new home I bet!

Have a great day [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] with the family and enjoy those burgers!

Keep working through those cravings ladies, they won't last forever!

We had a great day with Adam and Darcie. The work went smoothly and now the kitchen and all bathrooms are back in working order. It doesn't seem like work when I do something for the kids!

Comment

Good morning cafe. Techie sorry to hear they news but on the other hand so glad it has not spread. You positive mindset will get you through this. Wishing everyone a great Sunday. We are going out to breakfast with family and then heading back home. Here is a picture of our balcony view. Last night we walked to a nearby restaurant and torrential rain started. We ran home laughing and cursing and completely soaked. It was one of those times that you will never forget. Glad I was not drinking! 24 more for me. Thanks for breakfast cowboy!

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Techie, I’m sorry the cancer is back but as others have pointed out, your positive attitude and determination to beat this beast will be a huge help.
                    Several years ago at a school fair I met a young man who has cerebral palsy. I asked him what he wanted to do after graduation. Leaning on his walker he said “What the hell can I do”? I asked him what he liked to do. “Talk” was his reply. I asked him if he had any idea how much money motivational speakers make. Long story short, the school district had him speak to every school in the district, to tell his story. He started his presentations by saying “I don’t live with cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy lives with me”! Attitude is so important.

Great brekkie again Cowboy! Let’s see, brekkie at Cowboys, burgers at Big Al’s, by bed time we’ll be totally fed up!

We get to not drink today! Great way to express how we feel about the beast.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

QW
                    AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                    F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Whew! Kids are back with their parents. Next year we are staying south until mid April. Lol Now, let the cleaning begin!

I'll take another 24!

Comment

Techie, thank you for the "Faith over fear" message. I know your Faith will go a long way toward getting you through this. I have been keeping you in my prayers.

Cowboy, I don't know if it is a state law or what, but for as long as I can remember you had to buy a minimum of 6 when buying chicks. We used to buy straight run (mixed male and female) lots of 25. But this go round we kept to the minimum. It's for a 10 year old and we don't want to get in over our heads and have her change her mind! So, we bought pullets only (females) and just 6. Our granddaughter picked out 3 Rhode Island Red, 2 Amberlink, and 1 Brahma. We've had the Rhode Island Reds before but the Amberlink and Brahma are new to us.
                        Glad you had a good day with Adam and family!

QW, that was really good advice you gave to that young fellow. I hope he managed to keep that career going for himself.

Rava, thank you for taking the time to post your view. Always fun to see a slice of the worlds of this group. Your experience with the rain brought back a similar memory of a time we went to dinner with some friends and got caught in a gully washer! Brought a smile to my face.

24 more for all of us please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and ABC diners. Thank you Cowboy. Zoom call with publisher this morning. Meditation done. Gratitude journal done. So, with deep respect for my body I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Wish that I had that view right now Rava! When I look outside all I see is rain/snow and mud! I'd love to sit on your balcony right about now!

@Big Al, the cravings over the last 2 days have been intense, almost painful even. I like the idea of telling myself that " I get to not drink. " Sounds like a plan for today!

24 more please and thank you!

Comment

Jude, I hope your cravings are less today. "I get not to drink" sounds funny and a bit clumsy but believe me, I get it! I have thought it many times too, or something like it.

24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill, hope you are enjoying those chicks. Send a pic when time allows. Would love to see what they look like. Ginger, April seems too cold to return home to me. Most of my neighbors head north first of May. Never thought I would say this but its supposed to rain today and Im looking forward to it. Other than getting stuck in that rain mess the other day, we have had literally no rain. It’s really needed. Wishing everyone a great day. I feel thankful that I don’t have to drink today. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X