No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5:32am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

I agree [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], send pics of the chicks as they grow!

We could use some rain up here [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], it would help get rid of the remaining snow and clean things up!
      Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
      Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
      Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

I love a spring rain, especially walking in it. I grew up on the west coast and if you were going to do anything outside, you had to be prepared to do it in the rain.
        I hope farmers get the moisture they need when they need it and also hope the forest fire situation isn’t too bad this year.

A busy day of appointments and shopping. So nice to start the day with a clear head.

Have a great af Monday everyone!

QW
        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Another 24 here, please and thank you!!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and lovers. Off to my Monday golf foursome mens league. So, with birdies and oars in my mind and gratitude in my heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Originally posted by dill View Post
              Jude, I hope your cravings are less today. "I get not to drink" sounds funny and a bit clumsy but believe me, I get it! I have thought it many times too, or something like it.
              I understand that as well, and having been using a similar mindset; though in my case I've modified it more as "I get to not feel hungover and deal with withdrawals for umpteem days, weeks or months".

I love a spring rain, especially walking in it. I grew up on the west coast and if you were going to do anything outside, you had to be prepared to do it in the rain.
              I'm on the west coast but I can't say the same. The weather is just so bi-polar these days, a nice sunny day and it feels like spring is here, and then you get these cold rainy days and it feels like being right back in winter.

Comment

The cravings are easing somewhat, not sure what triggered it, but I hope that those feelings don't come back anytime soon!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Yesterday I walked thru Walmart. Ended up in the wine section. Literally picked up a bottle of wine and immediately thought I GET NOT TO DRINK. I thought of the calories involved and all the mess that comes with it. Plus the fact that one small bottle is not even enough. I put it down and continued shopping. This is a big deal for me. I feel like I confronted that f ing beast and won. So today I wake up feeling a little proud and sober. We are having company for dinner and I told them to bring their own drinks. Im not providing any alcohol because I will definitely drink the leftovers. The only alcohol that does not trigger me is beer. I hate beer! Thank goodness for that. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Off to my volunteer job with a grateful heart. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, 24 more for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I think that was a huge step in the right direction [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], way to go!

Glad to hear the cravings are subsiding [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION]!

Comment

Rava, what an achievement! I'm really pleased for you! I am plagued by that wine aisle in Walmart too and feel the pull to go down that aisle, but at least it's not every time I go. Sometimes I just breeze on by

Originally posted by Mulburry
                        I'm on the west coast but I can't say the same. The weather is just so bi-polar these days, a nice sunny day and it feels like spring is here, and then you get these cold rainy days and it feels like being right back in winter.
                        Sounds like Ohio to me!

I got a couple pics of chicks yesterday that I asked my son to take for me. He doesn't take great pictures... also, he included my gdaughter in the pics and I am not comfortable posting her pic. So, I'll see if I can edit and send them. When I go back over there this weekend I'll take a crack at photographing them.

Let's go for 24 more, please and thank you.
                        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Rava, we’ll done on leaving the alcohol where it belongs - on the store shelf.

Mulberry, I could no longer tolerate the gloomy, wet weather on the west coast. I do recall being amazed at how thick fog would roll in for a day or two at a time. One time in high school days, the junior boys rugby team carried the car owned by a teacher who despised us all, out into the middle of the rugby field and turned in on its roof. The fog was so thick, the car wasn’t found for several hours. Good times!
                          There was a saying about Vancouver weather years ago. If it isn’t raining, it’s either just stopped or about to start. But, on a sunny day, there’s no city more beautiful than Vancouver.

We had a knock on our door last evening from our elderly next door neighbour. Her husband had fallen and needed help getting up. I helped him up and after coming home remembered this couple is unvaccinated and they don’t wear masks, not because they’re anti-vaxxers but because they can’t get out to get vaccinated. He’s 92, she’s 80. So sad to see as they clearly need to be in a care facility. And I was in such a rush to help him, I didn’t wear my mask.

Off for a walk. Have a great af Tuesday everyone.

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW, I'm amazed they can't get vaccinated in their home. Sad really.

Good job, Rava. One day at a time!

Have AZ friends stopping by for lunch. It will be good to see them again. I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and the unvaccinated. My doctor said, the flu is worse than the latest COVID strain. Of course I’d rather avoid them both. So, the cancer is small only showing in a small percentage of two of fourteen cores. So, I’m just going to live my life and eat right, exercise, and manage stress. In other words, active surveillance. So, with deep appreciation, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Good job [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] for putting the wine back where it belongs. I'm lucky that Wal-Mart doesn't have a wine aisle where I live. They have a few bottles of really cheap wine, but you have to go to the liquor store for everything else.

Hope that you are able to post some chick pics soon dill. Would love to see them!

Looking forward to another sober day and thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X