No announcement yet.

~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4:51am in Alberta, I'll have another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Good morning Cafe. Thanks for the positive words on my shopping day yesterday. So glad I did not cave. Today is the gym which I think is really helping my mood. I’m taking an exercise class 3 days a week. It’s not real hard and there are a lot of older women in the class. Nice way to meet new people and work out at the same time. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Not the greatest pics, but here's what I have. The white one is an Amberlink and the brown one is a Rhode Island Red:

That girl is tickled to be raising them and it hopefully will be a good experience for her. Mr. D is currently designing a coop, so it's a project for him as well!

Yesterday I checked a couple things off my list: my first shingles shot and renewing my driver's license. I got the travel compliant one although I don't have any plans currently to travel out of country... Always good to keep the options open though.

Option for today is to choose another 24.

Have a great day everyone.
        Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

More medical appointments today in our old town. I’m glad we’re keeping some ties there as it gives me an excuse to visit my favourite butcher shop.
          Question for those who don’t eat meat. Do you eat plant based meat alternatives? Every so often I’ll buy plant based burgers, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how good they are.

Dill, you almost got me in trouble just now. I told Mrs QW I was looking at chick pics!

Have a great af Wednesday everyone.

QW
          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's been a rough couple of days. Not from a drinking standpoint, but just an acceptance of life standpoint. I am sad that I am living in my own apartment, separated from my wife and kids, and forced to internalize the fact that I have an addictive personality that has the potential to destroy me. Alternatively, I am grateful that I have not lost my relationship with my kids, I see them almost every day, and that my wife is willing to work toward reconciliation. It's hard to turn around and look at the path I have tread and the hurt I have caused. I don't have time or capacity for this backward looking, self pity infused sadness. Why is my brain wired to gravitate toward the things that cause me pain, and not wired to look at the silver linings.

I just want to rewind time about 30 years and start over, knowing what I know now.

Anyway, I will press on, and humbly ask for another 24.

Comment

I'll take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and those struggling with negativity. The only thing that sets us free is out thinking. It is a powerful resource. Use it wisely. So, with a positive focus staying present, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. If your day looks gloomy, flip the scene to your liking. You can travel anywhere in your minds eye. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Thanks for the quote techie, it's a good one!

Loved the chick pics dill! Mr. J and I have thought about getting chickens, but we could never eat that many eggs! We buy ours from a local woman, and they are inexpensive and delicious!

Another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:23am in Alberta, 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                    [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Dill loved the little chick pics. So cute. Our neighbor has incubated and hatched 4 duck eggs. Very fun project with her kids. [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION], I just read your post and it sounds like your beast brain is trying to take over and get you to drink. He will do anything at all costs to break you down. Dont let him in!!! Your life, although different is much much better than before. Drinking solves NOTHING. Good luck and hope your attitude changes today. Wishing everyone a great and sober day!!

Comment

Thanks for the pics [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]! They are cuties when they are young! We also get our eggs from a country neighbor [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], and we get them for free! But every once in a while I'll put a $20 bill in the cartons when I return them to get more eggs lol.

Ah, if only we could turn back time [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION]...but we just have to move forward with the thought that things will turn out okay.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

How true Rava, drinking solves nothing, in spite of what our alcoholic brains tell us.

The medical treatments went well yesterday as did the retail therapy. We miss the town we called home for 8 years.

Allergy season has returned and this year it seems worse than in the past.

Tomorrow I’m taking the camera gear to a nearby conservation area which is currently home to several species of migrating birds. Looking forward to exploring the area.

Have a great af Thursday everyone!

QW
                          AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                          F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

QW,for some reason allergies are really bad here too! People who never even had them before are complaining I don't know what's going on,sorry I haven't been being a very good friend and checking in you guys but like I said I basically wake up,get dressed and head put the door,the drive isn't super far but farther out from where I worked before and it takes a bit,I always think of you all tho and the reason we're all here wishes for a wonderful AF day for us all!
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

What job did you switch to, Pauly? We've been wondering.

Today is the first day I've had to myself since we've been home. It will be nice to have the time!

Our pup is doing pretty good. Well, hanging in there. She won't let you get out of her sight and if she can, she's right next to you at all times. Makes walking around doing chores a real challenge but I understand why she's doing it so I try to be patient. Poor girl.

I'm really struggling right now. Not sure why exactly but I'll take another 24.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I appreciate the thoughts and advice. What I am experiencing is normal (at least I think it is, normal is such a relative term). Not every day is going to be sunshine and it is moving through the days that are not which brings growth. There is no doubt that drinking would make things worse, so very much worse. I successfully ran from my feelings and perceived discomforts for so long that I am relearning (or maybe just learning) how do live with them, be happy, be functional, be grateful, and not let them generate resentments from the wellspring of my ego. As with any learning process there is a curve, and that curve looks like a saw blade of ups and downs, but overall the trend line is moving in the right direction.

I am grateful for all that I have and the people around me. I am grateful for this forum and my Cafe Friends. I will be grateful for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X