~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

It's just a quick check in today for me. I can't seem to focus my thoughts for much more for some reason!

24 more for all of us, please and thank you.
    Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Quit wining View Post
      A
      There was a saying about Vancouver weather years ago. If it isn’t raining, it’s either just stopped or about to start. But, on a sunny day, there’s no city more beautiful than Vancouver.
      Ya, that's it exactly. It's just a tough slog making it through the winter, but the spring (mostly), summer (unless there's a heat dome, yikes) and early fall are pretty amazing.

QW,for some reason allergies are really bad here too! People who never even had them before are complaining
      I feel sorry for people with alergies. Was just talking with a friend about how nice it is with all the flowers out and all the tree blossoms blooming at this time of year... but of course those are the enemies for allergy sufferers.
      Last edited by Mulburry; April 7, 2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Would love to see some of the pics that you take [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION]! Can you post some of them here?

Hang in there Big Al, you are doing great!

24 more please!

Comment

5:01am in Alberta, another 24 for me please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
          [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=17650]paulywogg[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
          Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
          Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
          Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Morning Cafe peeps. Big Al, you are doing great for sure! Hope those that are struggling find some peace of mind. Being addicted is no joke. How it creeps up on us and takes such hold is horrible. The struggle is real sometimes harder on some days that others. My frame of mind is good right now but tomorrow it might not be. UGH. I get it when people stay they are struggling. QW would love to see some bird pics if you can post. Most of the seasonal folks are heading back north so very soon we will have this place almost to ourselves. I am thinking I just might like that. Wishing everyone a great and sober day! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Hope those cravings pass quickly [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], stay in the moment and work through them. Let's hope the other Ginger stays as healthy as she can as well!

Not much new here, trying to decide if I should start selling off some of my more expensive tools and equipment, but of course the minute I do that I'll regret it lol. I'm at the point where retirement is looking good but I still want to keep busy with some small work. Maybe I'll use the word "downsizing" and go with that lol.
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

Camera gear is packed and ready to go so the plan is to head out right after breakfast. Hopefully I’ll get some shots worth sharing. If not, it’ll be nice just to see some new country.

It’s supposed to warm up to 20C, 68F today, and typical of this time of year in Alberta , the weather can change dramatically. We have snow in the forecast for the weekend.

Have a great af Friday everyone.

QW
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

I bet you will enjoy the quiet when the snowbirds head back north, Rava. I know I would. I'm a bit too cantankerous to be living in a high density situation!

I am planning on attending my first ever high school reunion this summer. It's being promoted as, "The class of '70 is turning 70!" Yikes! All those kids I knew in high school will now officially look like their parents/grandparents, myself included. :happy2: I wasn't really thinking about going but one gf from back in the day emailed me and said she hoped I would be there. So, I decided to go. Mr. D has no interest and I don't blame him. He will travel there with me if I ask him to, but I won't force him to attend! It's a 4 hour trip, so not too bad.

24 more, please and thank you.
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rava View Post
                    Hope those that are struggling find some peace of mind. Being addicted is no joke. How it creeps up on us and takes such hold is horrible. The struggle is real sometimes harder on some days that others.
                    Ya for sure, bad days and emotional lows can be real struggle, it's so easy to find yourself saying "fuck it, who cares" (might as well drink). At least for me, that was often my "cure", for those situations. Just have to remind yourself that things will only get worse with drinking.
                    Last edited by Mulburry; April 8, 2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

[MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], I have never been to any of my high school reunions, as I was very shy back then, and only had a few good friends. I don't think that I would even recognize anyone even if I did go!

Cowboy, sounds like the retirement bug is starting to hit you. Personally, I love it! The key is to keep busy, so think of all the time that you can spend expanding your train project.

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:31am in Alberta, I'll have 24 more please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                        [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24679]Mulburry[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

I don't think any of my school classes have had a reunion [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], not sure if I'd go to one or not. I do have a couple of school friends on FB, but we rarely chat. You'll probably have a blast with the rest of the seniors lol.

I guess I'll be happy when I quit the construction part of plumbing [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION], but I'll probably stay in the service side so that I don't become a hermit lol. And I'll probably stay helping farm until I can't climb the ladder up into the equipment or the boss doesn't need me anymore haha.

Seeing lots of signs of spring now here as well [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION], geese, ducks, doves, robins, gophers, etc. I'm almost looking forward to cutting the lawn lol.

Comment

Good morning Cafe. Wishing everyone a great and sober day. QW hope you get some good pictures. Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Jude and Cowboy, honestly, I'm already having misgivings about saying I'll attend. I was a shy person too and couldn't wait to get out of high school! I really didn't like all the cliques and drama. I lent my yearbook to someone a long, long time ago and they never returned it, so I have long forgotten what anyone looked like or their names. I told the one gf I'd come. She and one other gf are the only people I'll remember or want to catch up with. I'm not sure I won't simply back out as the time gets nearer. I'm already feeling that old high school anxiety I used to carry! LOL

I hope your transition to semi retirement is a smooth one Cowboy and that you enjoy the change.:heartbeat:

24 more, please and thank you.
                              Dill

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you.

High school reunions. I think we left the apathy club in charge of organizing them, thus have never had one. Dill, I’m a year behind you, class of ‘71. And if they did I probably wouldn’t go as I don’t keep in contact with anyone anyway.

I was hoping to see swans yesterday but apparently missed thousands of them by a few days. I haven’t looked at the photos I took on a large screen yet but the one I think might be worth sharing has a seagull taking off from a creek with a fish in its beak.
                                On our way home we detoured to our favourite burger joint, a 1950’s soda shop with great food and atmosphere. I keep expecting The Fonz to show up while we’re there! We haven’t been since Covid started so it was great to see the business still operating. I’m not sure what the sodium and fat content was in my burger, onion rings and vanilla milkshake and frankly don’t care. It sure tasted good! Might have to do a longer walk today but it was so worth it!

Have a great af Saturday everyone!

QW
                                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Working...
                                X