~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ~cattleman cafe~ & another 24...

All this talk of reunion reminds me of my 25th. I went to every meeting, created a database of names and addresses and made all the contacts..... then I didn't go. Lol Just couldn't do it in the end. Class of 74 here.

BigAl, I love reading your posts. They are so full of new found wisdom. Keep up the good work.

I'll gladly take 24 more!

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. It's supposed to be a nice day here today. I am eager to get some herbs in pots at my new place. I kept a nice herb garden at my other house, but I am the only one who is capable of watering and care, so they would not survive if I were to plant them there.

I appreciate the sentiment [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION], but the only newfound wisdom I have is that I know nothing. What I thought I knew was that I was in control. I certainly was not. The only thing I can do now is to stay sober and appreciate all the things that I have, let go of the things I things I want, and just try to do the next right thing in spite of my brain's wiring.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and I will humbly ask for another 24 hours of sobriety and freedom from my own propensity to overthink.

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and alumni. Weather here has been up and down. So, with deep appreciation and gratitude, I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

I have been struggling here with grief and anxiety and have been having lots of thoughts of drinking. A good friend of mine passed away suddenly this past week. She was younger than me so that's always hard to accept. She had a very aggressive form of cancer. It will be a large visitation because she was a special needs teacher for over thirty years, and she was a well-known and well-loved member of her community as a result.

Soldiering on with the rest of you. 24 more for all of us here, please and thank you.
          Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

I'm so sorry about your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Is this the same friend that you often drove to get her treatments? It's quite normal for you to want to avoid the pain of grief, by using alcohol to temporarily numb your feelings. You can do this, just don't reach for that first drink!

Looking forward to another 24 hours please and thank you!

Comment

5:34am in Alberta, 24 for me and everyone else who needs them please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
              [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!
              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Time for some breakfast!

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So sorry to hear about your friend [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION], my thoughts and prayers to you and her entire family and the community...

Also Class of '74 [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION]. Wow, almost 50 years since having to become an adult lol.

Comment

Good Sunday Morning Cafe. Dill, I am so sorry about the loss of your friend. Loss is never easy. I am also understanding your feeling about your reunion. I was interested in reunions when I had my 5th and 10 but that was it. Cowboy, Ginger, Im also class of 74. I think our mantra was “people people say no more, we’re the class of 74”. Wow that was a long time ago. I used to think 30 was old, what was I thinking. Big Al, you continue to amaze me. You are doing great. We are all in this together. Cowboy thanks for another great Sunday breakfast. QW, hope the seagull picture turns out well so you can share. Hello to Techie, Pauly, Jude and everyone else. Beautiful sunny day here in the sunshine state! Another 24 for me please and thank you.

Comment

Good morning Cafe Friends. I'm sorry for your loss [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] and your struggle. What you fight is what binds us here on this forum. You are in my thoughts and intentions.

Cowboy, your breakfast pic has almost (not completely, but almost) inspired me to run to the store and make that exact dish for breakfast. I can almost taste it....

Thanks [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION], sometimes it all seems so surreal, but that's just life after decades of really not living it. It is a blessing to have my friends here to share with in the Cafe.

Happy Sunday to all, and I will humbly ask for another 24 please and thanks.

Comment

Another 24 hours please & thank you. Thanks for another great breakfast Cowboy!

Condolences Dill on the passing of your friend. And as stressful as it is, remember that alcohol won’t help a bit.

With all this discussion of reunions, it makes me think of how old I’m getting. However, age is a number on my drivers license. I don’t think I act it. It’s up to me to decide if I want to be 69 or do what makes me happy. I’ve seen people in their 40’s act like they’re 90 and I’ve seen people in their 80’s and 90’s live like they’re 40. It’s a choice we get to make.
                        Living with PD has certainly changed my outlook on some things but overall, it makes me appreciate what I have.

Have a great af Sunday everyone!

QW
                        AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                        F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Dill, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Hang in there. Hugs

Yummy breakfast, Cowboy! Thanks

Fresh snow in the mountains and cold here for the next few days. Brrrr I'll gladly take 24!

Comment

Good morning Cafe friends and hUGS to [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION]. Thank for breakfast, Cowboy. With a loving heart I accept another twenty four. I wish you all the best day possible. Blessings x

Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

4:55am in Alberta, another 24 please, and thanks...

In the last 24 hours, these friends have signed in for 24 hours of wellness:
                              [MENTION=7944]dill[/MENTION] [MENTION=24080]Jude58[/MENTION] [MENTION=24196]Rava[/MENTION] [MENTION=24510]BigAl[/MENTION] [MENTION=22409]Quit wining[/MENTION] [MENTION=20929]Ginger999[/MENTION] [MENTION=11089]techie[/MENTION] abcowboy

Today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

Comment

Thanks for all the condolences. This friend that passed away is not the one I have been driving to appointments. That friend is still fighting the good fight and seems to have successfully beat back the tumor she has been battling with. But another front has opened up and now her blood cancer has become more active. She has begun a course of treatment for that and is finished with the treatment for the tumor. Two separate cancers.

I really hate to start the day posting such unhappy things, but it is what it is I guess. Anyway, I appreciate all the support and reminders that drinking will not help. Sometimes it helps to hear the obvious.

Twenty-four more for all of us please.
                                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X